Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Finally a tenga that’s correctly sized for [       ]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You forgot to sign your post

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
This hole was made for me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

im banned poster littleorv. i first started reading adtrw when i was about 19. by 21 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony"

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

170 new posts in the anime chat thread? What delightful hijinks have occur-

:yikes:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Hungry posted:

170 new posts in the anime chat thread? What delightful hijinks have occur-

:yikes:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i thought tomo was on hiatus

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

somebody tell Droyer

lol at the idea that i haven't known about that thing for months

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Oh no. RIP Unsho Ishizuka. Thanks for all the great work.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Droyer I have a show I think you might like. It’s called Concrete Revolutio

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pootybutt posted:

Oh no. RIP Unsho Ishizuka. Thanks for all the great work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhoT-4iv_sk

And he was 67.

:rip: Ossan. :(

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:rip: :(

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
apparently he did vo for the gay furry bara phonegame and that's epic

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I cannot be contained. I cannot be stopped. I love anime... and some of it is bad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm putting you back in the box eela.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's gonna be like demolition man and it will rule, trust me.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sharkopath posted:

It's gonna be like demolition man and it will rule, trust me.

I don't know how to use the seashells!!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
get a load of this guy who doesn't know how to use the seashells

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Eela6 posted:

I cannot be contained. I cannot be stopped. I love anime... and some of it is bad.

welcome back

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Motto posted:

I dunno what byob is and I have no intention of learning

http://tindeck.com/listen/rznv

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

get a load of this guy who doesn't know how to use the seashells
I don't know why, but that silly sentence always brings a smile to my face. Especially if it's a New York accent. :allears:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wark Say posted:

I don't know why, but that silly sentence always brings a smile to my face. Especially if it's a New York accent. :allears:

:same:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Well poo poo.
I might have to try to make this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Well poo poo.
I might have to try to make this.

I wish you luck, its a good outfit.
Please don't cry when you get second place.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kancolle Phase 2!!! 720p!!!!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I wish you luck, its a good outfit.
Please don't cry when you get second place.

I almost cried when Mikochi got second place.

Also I already got a first place with another costume so I'm in it for fun.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is there a 6'4'' boat girl

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I almost cried when Mikochi got second place.

I was already crying and it just got worse, please post the outfit when you make it.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
wtf

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the international stage is set

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Liver Disaster posted:

I was already crying and it just got worse, please post the outfit when you make it.

Don't hold your breath. I read the chapter on my laptop on the ground surrounded by boxes. Life is busy.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Hi, I heard we're ousting Matoi for being a bad mod?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Hi, I heard we're ousting Matoi for being a bad mod?

Yeah but it moved to QCS

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is Kento Ankokuden Cestvs worth reading

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Hey everyone! I don't wanna yell at anyone while I'm all tired and about to lay down for bed, so now I'm rested and ready to type. My guess is that all of you pretty much think I don't spend any time thinking about the kind of probations I hand out, but I really actually really really do. I've been your moderator for about 22 months now, and this entire time I've been working on this post I'm posting right now, sort of like a state of the address or something, or like a supreme court opinion on adtrw. Anyway, onto the meat of the matter, I feel that alot of you are being too hard on Japan, the writing doesn't deserve the constant derision it receives because it's not terrible, it's just mediocre. If you're being too hard on shows for being just medocore then you're sort of going to be driving away our main clientele, which as a moderator is my top priority to protect. I know tokyo ghoul or tomo-chan or franxx or whatever is mediocre to all of you but people coming here from crunchyroll and reddit are not going to enjoy a wall of "It's terrible" if they're here to discuss their new favorite anime or manga. On the point of being too hard on japan, all of you know that japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think all of you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy. There doesn't need to be a massive ban storm for you guys to get the picture because I know how much smarter all of you are than the rest of the forums and as an aside if you hadn't realized it yet, I'm not going to be flinging insults at anyone, ever, it's not who I want to be.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

say what

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hey everyone! I don't wanna yell at anyone while I'm all tired and about to lay down for bed, so now I'm rested and ready to type. My guess is that all of you pretty much think I don't spend any time thinking about the kind of probations I hand out, but I really actually really really do. I've been your moderator for about 22 months now, and this entire time I've been working on this post I'm posting right now, sort of like a state of the address or something, or like a supreme court opinion on adtrw. Anyway, onto the meat of the matter, I feel that alot of you are being too hard on Japan, the writing doesn't deserve the constant derision it receives because it's not terrible, it's just mediocre. If you're being too hard on shows for being just medocore then you're sort of going to be driving away our main clientele, which as a moderator is my top priority to protect. I know tokyo ghoul or tomo-chan or franxx or whatever is mediocre to all of you but people coming here from crunchyroll and reddit are not going to enjoy a wall of "It's terrible" if they're here to discuss their new favorite anime or manga. On the point of being too hard on japan, all of you know that japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think all of you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy. There doesn't need to be a massive ban storm for you guys to get the picture because I know how much smarter all of you are than the rest of the forums and as an aside if you hadn't realized it yet, I'm not going to be flinging insults at anyone, ever, it's not who I want to be.

What the gently caress is this stupid poo poo.

• Locked thread