Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
too real

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Except it's not other people saying that stuff to me It's me, to myself.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Except it's not other people saying that stuff to me It's me, to myself.

lol, be a woman
your relationship status, reproductive choices, and general future are now everyone's business and they will ask you about them, repeatedly, forever

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
If you're a dude but want to simulate this experience just get some non-American family members

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
my dumbass relatives kept asking me about when i'm going to get a girlfriend/wife, a higher wage, the works, until i one time just told them i'm gay so now only the demented ones still ask sometimes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Truga posted:

my dumbass relatives kept asking me about when i'm going to get a girlfriend/wife, a higher wage, the works, until i one time just told them i'm gay so now only the demented ones still ask sometimes.
Oh, sorry. So then, when are you getting a husband?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Truga posted:

“That’s fine, Truga. So where are our grandkids?”

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
most of my relatives I don't talk to basically daily are conservative shitheads so it actually worked pretty well. someone tried the "what about husband then" and i told them maybe they shouldn't have voted on the referendum to fix the marriage law and that shut them up.

i'm not actually gay, but it definitely felt good telling them that lmao

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

lol, be a woman
your relationship status, reproductive choices, and general future are now everyone's business and they will ask you about them, repeatedly, forever

I did not mean to imply that it is somehow worse than what women get from everyone else.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Truga posted:

This also seems like a fun setup for a fluffy rom com manga.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Agronox posted:

This also seems like a fun setup for a fluffy rom com manga.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/i_decided_to_fake_a_marriage_with_my_junior_to_shut_my_parents_up

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought as I got older and closer to being too old to have kids people would give up but no, now I just get "well you could always adopt" :negative:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

This was really good, yeah

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I should’ve known something like that would already exist.

Since you guys say it is good I will read it! :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought as I got older and closer to being too old to have kids people would give up but no, now I just get "well you could always adopt" :negative:

I think my parents have long ago given up on grandchildren from either me or my brother and his wife. They've still got nieces and nephews with kids at least, and there are always the cats.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

DisDisDis posted:

If you're a dude but want to simulate this experience just get some non-American family members

MRW when your asian parents do not allow you to socialize with your peers, make friends, or do anything besides school, home, and church, then are demanded by every person from the family's previous generation if you have a girlfriend yet the moment you turn 18.

At least I can pretend to be a social, functioning human being in real life thanks to the internet.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 17, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New Ani No Yome to Kurashite Imasu https://mangadex.org/manga/17170/ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu/chapters/ and manga seems to be going in the direction i was hoping it would go with the club manager girl

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
New hungry Eldritch girlfriend. Funatsugi gets a new job, and the boss is awful.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

If you can always adopt then it can wait forever :colbert:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I guess it's true, lesbians really do move in immediately

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
good Yona art (drama cd cover I think)
https://twitter.com/KusanagiMizuho/status/1031383305919193088

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Itchy is a good sequel to Chemical Romance which Ohsawa Yayoi wrote and which got translated back in 2016 - so really, this is a good time to read both of them since they're adorable.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Onean posted:

New hungry Eldritch girlfriend. Funatsugi gets a new job, and the boss is awful.

How did I not know about this manga already?

I appreciate that there's no attempt to make her "true" form cute. Just a big ol' fish-frog thing.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Dzhay posted:

I appreciate that there's no attempt to make her "true" form cute. Just a big ol' fish-frog thing.

With a bow.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Dzhay posted:

How did I not know about this manga already?

this in turn makes it even cuter. like how Shalltear in overlord becomes a terrible lamprey

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Wife Me

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Space Flower posted:

this in turn makes it even cuter. like how Shalltear in overlord becomes a terrible lamprey

Shalltear's lamprey thing is not even grotesque cute though, hungry lovecraft girl up there kinda looks like a cute frog, especially during the in between transitional form; I feel like it reminds me of something from somewhere, either a Disney of a Miyazaki film but I can't put my finger on it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Raenir Salazar posted:

Shalltear's lamprey thing is not even grotesque cute though, hungry lovecraft girl up there kinda looks like a cute frog, especially during the in between transitional form; I feel like it reminds me of something from somewhere, either a Disney of a Miyazaki film but I can't put my finger on it.

Cencoroll?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
too lazy to cap anything but, mngatime kriara about playing traditional japanese instruments https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nadeshiko_doremisora_ch01#1

pawpad hairpin

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
read abt this on tweeter a while ago n its tling now!!! https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/otokonoko_doushi_renai_chuu_ch01#1

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

sobbing

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i guess girlyboy is the tl choice for otokonoko? not sure im a fan but......... idk................

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

:hai:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was thinking that art looked like the Bokura no Hentai artist, seems like a good fit for the writing

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

i guess girlyboy is the tl choice for otokonoko? not sure im a fan but......... idk................
yeah it seems a bit awkward but... it could be worse?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
well i think otokonoko is literally a pun on the way boy is written so perhaps I am complaining for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

DisDisDis posted:

too lazy to cap anything but, mngatime kriara about playing traditional japanese instruments https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nadeshiko_doremisora_ch01#1

pawpad hairpin

Oh, this is super cute, thanks! You seem to find really great manga, I think I've been reading about everything you link and it's great.

E: this is the song the author talks about at the end of the chapter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzDnHiT_-ao
extremely good

I finished reading Shimami Tasogare yesterday after putting it off for awhile. It was so good!!! I cried so much!!!

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 21, 2018