Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's incredibly cute! :3:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I want to go see walk on girl in theaters but that date snuck up on me

I was going to see it then it got removed from the theater I'm able to see it at.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i'm digging the teen feels in ao no flag's latest chapters

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Coaaab posted:

i'm digging the teen feels in ao no flag's latest chapters

She's right

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Tis but a flesh wound.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler posted:

Forgot to acknowledge this earlier, but drat.

I was gonna animate it real quick too but I got lazy

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hey everyone! I don't wanna yell at anyone while I'm all tired and about to lay down for bed, so now I'm rested and ready to type. My guess is that all of you pretty much think I don't spend any time thinking about the kind of probations I hand out, but I really actually really really do. I've been your moderator for about 22 months now, and this entire time I've been working on this post I'm posting right now, sort of like a state of the address or something, or like a supreme court opinion on adtrw. Anyway, onto the meat of the matter, I feel that alot of you are being too hard on Japan, the writing doesn't deserve the constant derision it receives because it's not terrible, it's just mediocre. If you're being too hard on shows for being just medocore then you're sort of going to be driving away our main clientele, which as a moderator is my top priority to protect. I know tokyo ghoul or tomo-chan or franxx or whatever is mediocre to all of you but people coming here from crunchyroll and reddit are not going to enjoy a wall of "It's terrible" if they're here to discuss their new favorite anime or manga. On the point of being too hard on japan, all of you know that japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think all of you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy. There doesn't need to be a massive ban storm for you guys to get the picture because I know how much smarter all of you are than the rest of the forums and as an aside if you hadn't realized it yet, I'm not going to be flinging insults at anyone, ever, it's not who I want to be.
I don't think the majority of anime these days can be described as 'angry.'

Matoi you're sounding like me.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 21, 2018

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

does anyone else like silvagunner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFOgjNvV9ZQ

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

People stop picking on Matoi. He did nothing wrong.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

it's no use

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Yakuza 6 has jumped the battleship

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The best manga I know of is What's Michael

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i watched the first episode of symphogear

tomorrow i will watch the second

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

It will be tomorrow in an hour.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

It's all downhill from there. :ssh:

j/k

But kinda.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This is definitely a Christmas party.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I got ticket for walk on girl

Also gorf its playing again Wednesday

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I hate clumsy flying bugs. Im always afraid theyre going to fly straight down my mouth.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

If youre not as agile as a dragonfly get the hell away from me

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d91pMZkxkQ

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/JackUTS/status/1031706937145126913

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Thinking about Kyuu-chans ghost friend.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth
what's the board's feeling about fanfiction? I wrote something I'm proud of and crave validation, but I also don't wanna step on any toes by posting it someplace people don't want it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37kBJ7KfNh8

[ BEAR FIGHTING MUSIC ]

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

noether posted:

what's the board's feeling about fanfiction? I wrote something I'm proud of and crave validation, but I also don't wanna step on any toes by posting it someplace people don't want it

Nice av

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

noether posted:

:justpost:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

noether posted:

I won't read it but post it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

noether posted:

I'd say share it, just post it on AO3 or fanfiction.net and then share the link so people don't have to scroll past a wall of text if they're not interested.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

noether posted:

wheres ur av from

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

wheres ur av from

Looks like steins;gate

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'd say share it, just post it on AO3 or fanfiction.net and then share the link so people don't have to scroll past a wall of text if they're not interested.

pastebin or nothing, loser.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth
here's my thing. it's for moyashimon, which I think all of like three people have thought about this decade, but I like it, so there :colbert:

DisDisDis posted:

wheres ur av from

littleorv posted:

Looks like steins;gate

bingo!
...but specifically here. I saw it and I was like oh poo poo a pic of luka where she's not depicted as some helpless fuckin waif

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

*nodding* you're beginning to sell me on this "fanfiction" thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
fanfiction is just as valid as fanart, even more i'd say

• Locked thread