Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

The_Doctor posted:

I thought legally that’s covered as a gift? If you receive something in the mail you didn’t order? That’s how it works with Amazon. They’re just relying on you to be honest and mail them back.

Nah it’s an error in connection with an asked for order which takes it outside the unsolicited gift statute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Even if it was legal for me to keep it, LEGO knows who I am and could refuse to sell to me in the future over it. Free LEGO is cool but not that cool.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's really a customer service thing. Good customer service: "we made the mistake, don't worry about it." Bad customer service: "We made the mistake, now you need to fix it for us."

They shouldn't have asked you to send it back, even if they gave you a return mailing label.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lol I remember when I told this thread about keeping some extra figures from a hosed up set when I returned it even though it was absolutely designed for the scrapheap and got called a smug rear end in a top hat for it

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Butterfly Valley posted:

Lol I remember when I told this thread about keeping some extra figures from a hosed up set when I returned it even though it was absolutely designed for the scrapheap and got called a smug rear end in a top hat for it

Yeah, it's weird how different situations have different outcomes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol at thinking those are the same scenario

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those of you that have gone through large bins of your old Legos to reassemble big rear end sets are madmen. I threw some Star Wars sets into my bulk parts bins a few years ago when I was less spergy about my OT collection (most of it was non OT stuff so I don't care) but I regretted taking my T-16 Skyhopper apart and decided to put it back together today.

Holy Moly that was like, my personal hell. Lego on hard mode right there. Took me like 4 hours to get it back together and I still had to sub probably 5% or more the parts cause I just couldn't find them, which drove me nuts that I had to do that. And that was with with mostly sorted parts and it's only a 200 part set. I'd jump off a roof trying to put together something bigger from a big tub of random Lego.

I'm never gonna throw anything in the extra parts bin unless I'm 100% sure I don't want it again. Was thinking about trying to put my B Wing back together but gently caress that. It wasn't that cool anyways. I'd have just rebought the Skyhopper if I'd know it would be that much of a pain.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 2, 2018

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I'm sitting outside the Lego store right now waiting for my fiance to finish shopping elsewhere and I'm so tempted to buy the UCS Millennium Fall.

Also kinda tempted with the snow speeder since it's getting retired soon.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How angry would your fiance be if you instantly had 800 dollars less on your credit card and had a hand truck with a giant box of plastic on it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Probably just a side eye and a "where are you gonna put that?"

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Tuesday morning there's a drawing in a raffle for a UCS MF that I think I have a plurality of the tickets in. A local humane society sold them all dinner at $25 a pop and while they didn't appear to move all that many, I bought one every couple of weeks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

Do it.

Or get the snowspeeder if you don't want to take the full plunge. It's a great set. My personal favorite SW I have probably.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or for the same price get all the current Modulars.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Nth Doctor posted:

Tuesday morning there's a drawing in a raffle for a UCS MF that I think I have a plurality of the tickets in. A local humane society sold them all dinner at $25 a pop and while they didn't appear to move all that many, I bought one every couple of weeks.

What was your total ticket spend?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Captain Invictus posted:

lol at thinking those are the same scenario

They're both taking advantage of a gently caress up somewhere along the line, the difference being in my case I was saving something from scrap and in this guys case people are advocating directly ignoring a request to rectify a genuine mistake and in the process getting a bunch of free poo poo and also denying that product to the company.

The guy can do whatever, if it would take a large amount of effort to send the poo poo back then I'd say he's not honour bound to but I just found the double standards notable, and not for the first time in this thread given the amount of talk about buying knock offs.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Habibi posted:

$675

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Marry.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Butterfly Valley posted:

They're both taking advantage of a gently caress up somewhere along the line, the difference being in my case I was saving something from scrap and in this guys case people are advocating directly ignoring a request to rectify a genuine mistake and in the process getting a bunch of free poo poo and also denying that product to the company.

The guy can do whatever, if it would take a large amount of effort to send the poo poo back then I'd say he's not honour bound to but I just found the double standards notable, and not for the first time in this thread given the amount of talk about buying knock offs.

No ones advocating keeping it. People said (in their opinion) Lego shouldn’t have asked for it back.

He was sent something meant for someone else or not, but is getting what he ordered and is not paying return post.

You were trying so shave some off the top, no matter WHERE the defunct set was heading.

It’s kind of amazing you think this is at all similar.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Handsome Ralph posted:

Remember, even if it's 800 now, if you wind up selling it down the road assuming the world exists in ten years, it'll no doubt be worth quite a bit more than retail price. Just keep the box and use it for storage of other things. :v:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

End of this month :)

I decided I'm gonna wait till next month and buy it to reward myself for finishing the marathon I'm running. I've got the U-Wing to keep me busy in the meantime.

Also the Resistance Bomber was on sale for 87 bucks, which I guess is indicative that it really isn't a fun build.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Habibi posted:

I'm in for $175 that would have otherwise gone to Bricklink and whiskey and instead will help run an animal shelter. :shrug:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Smyths in the UK has the Infinity War Sanctum Sanctorum set for £71.99, saving about £18 off the price.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

No Wong, No Sale

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Those of you that have gone through large bins of your old Legos to reassemble big rear end sets are madmen. I threw some Star Wars sets into my bulk parts bins a few years ago when I was less spergy about my OT collection (most of it was non OT stuff so I don't care) but I regretted taking my T-16 Skyhopper apart and decided to put it back together today.

Holy Moly that was like, my personal hell. Lego on hard mode right there. Took me like 4 hours to get it back together and I still had to sub probably 5% or more the parts cause I just couldn't find them, which drove me nuts that I had to do that. And that was with with mostly sorted parts and it's only a 200 part set. I'd jump off a roof trying to put together something bigger from a big tub of random Lego.

I'm never gonna throw anything in the extra parts bin unless I'm 100% sure I don't want it again. Was thinking about trying to put my B Wing back together but gently caress that. It wasn't that cool anyways. I'd have just rebought the Skyhopper if I'd know it would be that much of a pain.

My stuff isn't random - it's reasonably well sorted, actually - but I'm still wincing at the idea of blindly trying to build sets as a way to get premium for my bulk.

e:

5984 (Lunar Limo)
7051 (Alien Invader Tripod)
7962 (Anakin & Sebulba's Podracer)
7984 (Deep Sea Raider)
9443 (Rattlecopter)
9495 (Gold Leader's Y-Wing)
9500 (Sith Fury Interceptor)

Got all of these unopened (though many of the boxes are somewhat squashed from storage). Any interest before I send 'em to ebay? PM me.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 3, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Stopped by Walmart yesterday and they have a pretty great little polybag at the moment. I like that it's a brick built motorcycle that actually looks properly minifig scale instead of the giant monstrosities they usually do. I think I might even grab a couple more since it has some good parts and is a really good deal for the same cost as a CMF. Good figure too.

I'm gonna turn it into a bike for my ghost rider. The official build was just way too big for my tastes so I took it apart. Using some parts from that I think I could make him a rad little bike.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 3, 2018

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Is that a cyberpunk biker?

Also I started building the Bounty. I did the first 3 bags and just installed a loo including toilet paper and flush button on the boat. This build is amazing and has so many details. Only 12 bags to go.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
Barnes and Noble is doing a 30% off clearance sale. Found a Saturn V and Fishing Store without any markup and had the sticker.

Guess I'll have two more rockets at $84 each.

Edit: sorry, found out it is this location only (Paramus, NJ). The store is moving so clearing inventory.

Mine GO BOOM fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 4, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks polybag. My Ghost Rider now has a whip again.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Oh I like the use of the radios!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

veni veni veni posted:

That is really cool!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Nice.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Congrats!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Habibi posted:

Congrats!

Thanks!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

You can put it in my house.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Build it! Build it!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I feel bad for spending so much for so little at brickink, but not bad enough to not do it. :v:

Finally lets me swap out the front end on this build I did last year, am about to do a disassemble on it and wanted to see it as I first envisioned it. May keep it a bit longer or do a redesign.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My last bricklink order finally shipped. Now I can finally make my miura, radios, and Iron Giant.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I'm in New York for a holiday and my god, there's two Lego stores on the same street here. There's one in my entire fricking state back home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shame dude, but since you don't have space, I can do you a solid and take it off your hands :v:

For real though, hope it stays around for a bit more, if I get more space, I might be able to get it