Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bakugou is going to be inexplicably strong in any actual for-reals fight he gets to keep him even with Deku I imagine. Feel sorry for the first Villain Alliance guy that has to really, truly fight him 1v1 because they're gonna get absolutely murked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Remember when Noumu literally slammed Aizawa's face into the ground hard enough to crack the pavement and he has like no lingering scars or injuries other than a new limit on his Quirk after a hospital stay and being comically wrapped up like a mummy for a month or so?

Remember when Nighteye got his entire torso ran through by a massive rock spike and was able to live through several minutes afterwards?

Remember the Endeavor fight we just saw?

Humans are clearly a lot more durable in MHA than you'd think.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Remember when Noumu literally slammed Aizawa's face into the ground hard enough to crack the pavement and he has like no lingering scars or injuries other than a new limit on his Quirk after a hospital stay and being comically wrapped up like a mummy for a month or so?

thats his face scar

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
in terms of impalement/stabbing humans can get the absolute poo poo stabbed out of them and live provided you don't hit the lungs, diaphragm, or heart.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stexils posted:

thats his face scar

poo poo, I did forget about the scar

My point is if that was a real person he'd be loving dead or at least severely impaired for the rest of his life

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Carlosologist posted:

Deku and Bakugo will fight again at some point and it's gonna own

I mean narratively it kinda makes sense for Deku to take an L since he's been on a rise since the Sports Festival. By contrast, Bakugo REALLY needed a win considering the series to this point has been knocking him down the rungs. I think it's a really good fight that puts the two back on somewhat equal standing

Combined with the talk that occurs afterwards, yeah, I'm curious to see Dekugo's next big scene together.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The truth is the opening "this is the story of how I became the greatest hero." Was foretelling Bakugo becoming the greatest hero and laying down his life to save the world, leaving only midoriya to claim the spot in the end.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bakugo is just endeavour jr

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blockhouse posted:

Remember when Nighteye got his entire torso ran through by a massive rock spike and was able to live through several minutes afterwards?

Remember the Endeavor fight we just saw?

Humans are clearly a lot more durable in MHA than you'd think.

In the chapters we just read the beast just slammed 2 people into walls and poo poo and they were fine

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mystic Mongol posted:

He eats flies
He lays eggs
He's got way too many legs
Look out, here comes the Spiderman

Almost...

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
The anime thread is talking about cleaning services for Hero costumes and oh my god it is so difficult to not post a picture of Wash.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he cleans up crime

crime does not actually go away but it smells amazing

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Do you think Wash is a looker under that costume? Or is that their actual body?

I bet it's a costume and I bet they clean up real nice.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Shadowlyger posted:

The anime thread is talking about cleaning services for Hero costumes and oh my god it is so difficult to not post a picture of Wash.

Wash isn't really a spoiler-heavy or plot-integral character, since all we know about him is 'he's a top-rated pro hero' (somehow), so I'd personally be okay with posting him as 'On that topic, check out this future background character from the manga' (with a disclaimer, and in spoiler tags). I know I'd be tempted to.

I understand others may feel differently, though, and it's probably better to err on the side of caution.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wash is the best Pro Hero and more people should know his greatness.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I could barely parse the action in the new chapter at all.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

"Wash!"

-- Wash

Great words from a great hero.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Funky Valentine posted:

Agreed. Alan Tudyk is the best actor in Hollywood

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You sure it was pretty easy.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That's every chapter

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nephthys posted:

Dude I don't even care about that line. I think its very realistic of what a teenaged bully would say and I think Bakago's a great character. I just don't think it makes sense for a guy whose quirk is explosions and no kind of physical enhancement abiility to possibly be able to keep up with someone even remotely on All Mights level of speed and strength. A weakened All Might was so fast Shigiraki couldn't even see him and he's so fast he can practically teleport on screen. And even Deku was equaling Bakago's explosions with his freaking finger flicks, not even counting All Might shattering a city block by punching the air. Plus the fact that already Deku is over twice as strong and fast as the last time the two fought makes me doubtful Bakago is going to be able to keep up with that scale of lateral improvement.

Like I'm sure you're right because Deku absolutely eclipsing his rival like that would be lame but I'm at a loss for how the story could justify him being on Midoriya's level at any point in the future.

Bakugo will learn how to sweat bullets

Like he'll get one of those big exaggerated anime sweatdrops, then rip it off and throw it like a football.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Doesn't Bakugo have sweat grenades now? I think he used one during the provisional exam.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

Doesn't Bakugo have sweat grenades now? I think he used one during the provisional exam.

Yeah he gave one to Kaminari who used it against the flesh ball dude.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nephthys posted:

While that's true, I think its been firmly established in the story that One for All just eclipses everything else to almost comical levels so Deku really should start getting further and further ahead of the rest of the school. It's always been one of those big things hanging over the series that no-one is quite sure how Horikoshi is going to handle.

Maybe this current arc we'll get a firmer handle on how he stacks up against the other students.

regular quirks are also getting stronger generation to generation

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's a pretty ugly chapter.

Ryaomon posted:

That's every chapter

Only rarely, imo, and it happens to better manga than this one so it's not specifically a slight against MHA.

Except Hunter x Hunter because it's usually just text boxes :v:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Note the shirt:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

I didn't have any trouble with it either really? The last chapter I had issues with figuring out was one way back during the Yakuza arc.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Note the shirt:

He was there! :thumbsup:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

thetoughestbean posted:

Okay, I looked at my copy of volume 3 and nowhere does it say that Shinsou being moved to the hero course means that somebody will be replaced, just that somebody could be removed from the hero course if they gently caress up during the sports festival

proof:

From a few pages back, but I'm catching up on the anime now and in that this line goes "...and they'll have to transfer people out to make room", which is how I interpreted it from the start - classes A and B don't have 20 people each because exactly 40 people made the cut on the exam, it's because they were the top-scoring 40 and that was the maximum enrollment.

I haven't really followed anime or manga before so I don't know what the expectations are around translation differences, but I'd say it's an open possibility.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Anyone here good enough at Japanese to ask Horikoshi himself and finally settle this? :V

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
as we all know, shonen is notorious for it's internal consistency

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
1980s MHA.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dolash posted:

From a few pages back, but I'm catching up on the anime now and in that this line goes "...and they'll have to transfer people out to make room", which is how I interpreted it from the start - classes A and B don't have 20 people each because exactly 40 people made the cut on the exam, it's because they were the top-scoring 40 and that was the maximum enrollment.

I haven't really followed anime or manga before so I don't know what the expectations are around translation differences, but I'd say it's an open possibility.

Actually only 36 made that cut. The other 4 were recommendations.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually only 36 made that cut. The other 4 were recommendations.

Do we know the other two recommended kids? Momo and Todoroki in Class A, but who are the others?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wahad posted:

Do we know the other two recommended kids? Momo and Todoroki in Class A, but who are the others?

One of them is the skull-face kid in class B, I don't know who the other one is.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Wahad posted:

The guy who softens things is one of them in 1B but not sure about the last.

edit - he's clearly shown in issue 112 when they show the starting line for the race between Inasa and Todoroki. The last recommended student in B is probably a girl and it seems like they ran boys and girls separately since Momo isn't in that panel either. Wondering if it is the pony girl since she is American and not fluent in Japanese so would have issues with their standard written test.

Rouncer fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 12, 2018

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

This is perfect.
:perfect:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wahad posted:

Juzo Honenuki, the softening quirk guy from 1-B is the third, and the fourth was going to be Inasa Yoarashi but he dropped out after Todoroki cold-shouldered him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Juzo Honenuki, the softening quirk guy from 1-B is the third, and the fourth was going to be Inasa Yoarashi but he dropped out after Todoroki cold-shouldered him.

Except that there are still 4 in through recommendations. Both A and B have 20 students and they said that each had 18 from the general admissions testing. If Inasa had accepted then one of the others *(likely Juzo or the unnamed B student) probably would have been bumped and had to try and get in through general admissions testing.

*That's not meant to be disparaging to Juzo but rather that Shoto was 2nd in the race just barely behind Inasa and Momo was the overall best during Aizawa's quirk testing on the first day as well as #1 in the class in educational testing.