Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

hackbunny posted:

This is actually guillotine.txt material because the guy is not stupid, he has a vested interest: he makes a health tracker for the elderly

i was just going to empty quote the twitter post, but a good use of guillotine.txt should always be emphasized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

im depressed lol posted:

i was just going to empty quote the twitter post, but a good use of guillotine.txt should always be emphasized

Health insurance companies have already started to mine things like social media in order to "improve" their underwriting calculations.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

the lack of social media presence obviously being a sign of tremendous risk

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Okay so instead of having big, smelly garbage trucks full of surly unionized employees, what if instead you have full trashcans send a message thru an app to be emptied. By who you ask? Why, our EN-ERG-IN-EERS! Energineers earn points for bringing the TrashPod to any recognized waste facility, using their own vehicles (we're bike-friendly!) of course. Points are redeemable for cash according to the market conditions of our Enevo EcoStore.

there’s a lot of “smart dumpsters” out there. it lets them dispatch (and more importantly charge for) a truck between scheduled pickups if it gets full. temperature is to tell if it’s on fire

the twitter stuff is the dumb part

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

im depressed lol posted:

I don't doubt this for a second. Hell, even if you had one, you probably couldn't just let it sit there.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't doubt this for a second. Hell, even if you had one, you probably couldn't just let it sit there.

Make sure you don't have a like for Hot Pockets on your facebook page.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I wonder what they think of my facebook sports interest in human bowling

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I wonder what facebook thinks of my like for Curling

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

business idea: a service that curates a public-facing social media presence that only likes and interacts with innocuous #brands like the new york times and wall street journal to convince employers to not go looking for your real one and also that you have no noteworthy political awareness

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shear Modulus posted:

business idea: a service that curates a public-facing social media presence that only likes and interacts with innocuous #brands like the new york times and wall street journal to convince employers to not go looking for your real one and also that you have no noteworthy political awareness

so by innocuous you mean radical centrist

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

*Fareed Zakaria Columns '
*NPR
*Harvard Business Journal
*Coding Boot Camps for Homeless Youth

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

so by innocuous you mean radical centrist

yeah basically what you have to pretend to be if you want to be employed

etalian posted:

*Fareed Zakaria Columns '
*NPR
*Harvard Business Journal
*Coding Boot Camps for Homeless Youth

this guy gets it

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Sep 23, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pretending to like both NPR and the economist so you see Both Sides is the white collar equivalent of a retail employee having to say theyve never thought of unionizing before but remembers hearing they are unfair

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im in, where do i sign up to get paid for liking mayonnaise, talking about the weather, and the incarnation of that dril tweet with the wise man

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

i hear elon is hiring.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

im depressed lol posted:

i hear elon is hiring.

They said they wanted to get paid

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hell, for free i will log into your account and like woody allen, phil collins, & gary glitter

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Gum posted:

They said they wanted to get paid

you'll be paid in experience. the experience of licking the boots of your master.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

im depressed lol posted:

but too much social media means you're more likely to be diagnosed with a mental disorder too. catch 22

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

"on june 12th, 2012 you stated via a Twitter post that you felt kind of depressed and were not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. since you did not disclose your pre-existing depression in good faith, we can not provide the coverage you requested for your past & future therapy sessions. have a nice day."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im depressed lol posted:

"on june 12th, 2012 you stated via a Twitter post that you felt kind of depressed and were not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. since you did not disclose your pre-existing depression in good faith, we can not provide the coverage you requested for your past & future therapy sessions. have a nice day."

counterpoint: "the weirdo from the library posted that but i know a guy who can gently caress you up"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Krankenstyle posted:

hell, for free i will log into your account and like woody allen, phil collins, & gary glitter

Wait, Phil Collins?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait, Phil Collins?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Stickits everywherw

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

counterpoint: "the weirdo from the library posted that but i know a guy who can gently caress you up"

"well sir, you are entitled to express yourself however you please, but keep in mind cyberdyne health insurance has no physical location. our AI representatives are located completely in the cloud. also keep in mind that ToS you agreed to regarding use of our services claims you as solely responsible for the security of all social media account with your name.

your threats of physical violence, however, indicate an increases risk for emergency room use and treatment of physical injuries. our actuaries have determined those who associate with physically violent individuals are more likely to be injured themselves. we will send you a complete summary of the changes to your plan through secure e-mail, along with a transcript of this conversation in the next 24 hours. have a nice day :-)"

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

im depressed lol posted:

you'll be paid in experience. the experience of licking the boots of your master.

how is this real

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

Shear Modulus posted:

pretty sure stuff like that already exists

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Frumply posted:

how is this real

i keep waiting for someone to tell me it's fake accounts, or a reply trick/hack exploit on twitter.

but it's been days, and i've reposted in other threads after seeing it in the elon C-SPAM thread just hoping to be :goonsay: corrected. i was considering posting screenshot of it (should it be taken down) but any reasonable person would just chuckle and move on, thinking its satire. like, lmbo.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

im depressed lol posted:

please let this responding tweet be correct and result in yet another investigation

https://twitter.com/jasemurphy/status/1043350584575766529

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gum posted:

"Hey, this looks just like our living room when we moved in"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cold on a Cob posted:

please let this responding tweet be correct and result in yet another investigation

it would only probably start an investigation if one of the cultists maid a complaint that they worked without getting paid but yes its true

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Al! posted:

it would only probably start an investigation if one of the cultists maid a complaint that they worked without getting paid but yes its true

gently caress me we gotta find a commie that owns a tesla.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

pretending to like both NPR and the economist so you see Both Sides is the white collar equivalent of a retail employee having to say theyve never thought of unionizing before but remembers hearing they are unfair

lol

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

it's correct, but unlikely to be prosecutable

for a legal case to exist, prosecutors would probably need to be able to prove that there was more of a connection than just a tweet. as long as they're just hanging around Tesla dealerships singing Elon's praises, and they're not taking orders from Tesla management, it's probably safe

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

it's correct, but unlikely to be prosecutable

for a legal case to exist, prosecutors would probably need to be able to prove that there was more of a connection than just a tweet. as long as they're just hanging around Tesla dealerships singing Elon's praises, and they're not taking orders from Tesla management, it's probably safe

Oh they are getting instructions from Tesla:

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

lmao :elongate:

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
lol in that thread at least 3 people posted completely unironic "U HAVE MY AXE" lord of the rings gifs to explain how they're willing to get exploited for free

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

jimmyjams posted:

lol in that thread at least 3 people posted completely unironic "U HAVE MY AXE" lord of the rings gifs to explain how they're willing to get exploited for free

If you can convince them that what they're doing is something the fate of the world itself depends on then you can get them to do anything. That's how a lot of cults operate. You convince your followers that the world will be destroyed if they can't save enough souls in time, and then all of a sudden they're willing to volunteer for anything.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

loving lmao

there's a lot to unpack here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

im down with a car powered entirely by souls