Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Normally superheroes are competent enough that they deal mostly with problems the police can't fix...

anything is possible in newspaper spiderman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chinook posted:

So essentially Kingpin's plan is a success.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

yeah I feel like this is going to be played as a dramatic revelation in a week's time or so where our heroes learn to their shock that, by doing exactly what the Kingpin told them that he wanted to do, they have played right into his hands! The horror!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spider-Man: But how'd you know we were there?
Kingpin: ...you.. you were literally standing in the balcony in my direct line of sight....

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
A little late but whatever!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Go be Gronks on stage.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jyrque posted:

lmao wtf

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"So I'm thinking Riverdance, river crocs, we were MADE for the spotlight! Next thing you know my mates and I are on a bus to the big city."

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

jyrque posted:

Wonderful

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

jyrque posted:

been a hot minute since the last good edit, nice one

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

jyrque posted:

:lol: I was thinking of doing the same thing, but this is better than what I had in mind.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

jyrque posted:

THIS is the strip I need framed on my wall!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You're all under arrest for being in a room together.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Because of repeated blows to the head Spider-Man has lost the ability to control the volume of his voice.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lurdiak posted:

You're all under arrest for being in a room together.

More credible than them being under arrest for using guns.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"Hold yer fire, blue-boys" is such an amazingly NSM line.

Also lol if it turns out it was a really, really short range hologram projector and Kingpin and Golden Claw are just trying to sneak out the back in the confusion.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Also lol if it turns out it was a really, really short range hologram projector and Kingpin and Golden Claw are just trying to sneak out the back in the confusion.

Watch, this will have been their plan the whole time. Get all the criminal rackets in New York in one place, demand they all turn into a hegemony under Kingpin and Golden Claw, smack talk assembled gangsters until they open fire, bribe the police to swarm in and arrest everyone else, and leave all the criminal rackets in New York open to be poached and turned into a hegemony under Kingpin and Golden claw.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Such a wonderfully classic comic book portrayal of cops and robbers playing a kind of friendly game.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Daeren posted:

Watch, this will have been their plan the whole time. Get all the criminal rackets in New York in one place, demand they all turn into a hegemony under Kingpin and Golden Claw, smack talk assembled gangsters until they open fire, bribe the police to swarm in and arrest everyone else, and leave all the criminal rackets in New York open to be poached and turned into a hegemony under Kingpin and Golden claw.

That's a halfway decent plan, though. Is that likely in NSM?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Standing directly behind you.

Lobok posted:

Because of repeated blows to the head Spider-Man has lost the ability to control the volume of his voice.

Luckily for them the cops can't hear them over the fan that's blowing the tassles of Iron Fist's mask.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 29, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
His tassels do not conform do your western laws of gravity.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

David D. Davidson posted:

Standing directly behind you.

The strip is a panto now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bruceski posted:

The strip is a panto now.

Oh no it isn't.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Colleen Wing, still not able to give a poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A condition most dire. I'm afraid she shan't give a gently caress, not ever again.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Literal superhuman heroes with extraordinary abilities and experience single-handedly fighting crime for years: Shoot them!
Cops, which are still regular humans, but with guns: gently caress we give up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not like you can shoot a fist.

That's just the way Western physics (and biology) works.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In hindsight maybe we shouldn't have stood in the giant gap in the curtain several feet away from the police, talking in loud stage whispers?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

I don't even understand the logic Spidey is using here. Like he's not saying "Oh those things can't project an image from very far away" or even "this is NSM, so everyone is stupid". He just says "that must take lots of energy" and Iron Fist enthusiastically agrees, while Colleen is wondering why neither one of them has ever heard of electrical wires before.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Zeeman posted:

I don't even understand the logic Spidey is using here. Like he's not saying "Oh those things can't project an image from very far away" or even "this is NSM, so everyone is stupid". He just says "that must take lots of energy" and Iron Fist enthusiastically agrees, while Colleen is wondering why neither one of them has ever heard of electrical wires before.

the theaters being renovated. do you trust wires last touched in the 1960s to handle the kind of current a hologram needs?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

the theaters being renovated. do you trust wires last touched in the 1960s to handle the kind of current a hologram needs?

Eh, the worst it can do is start a fire. That would solve the Kingpin and Claw's mobster problem just as fine as a poison gas canister.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

But it's not as stylish! When you're the head of a crime syndicate, optics are as important as results.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

But it's not as stylish! When you're the head of a crime syndicate, optics are as important as results.

https://i.imgur.com/3lW0yXR.gifv

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Colleen Wing status: Still Annoyed

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm the ladder being devoured by the copyright

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Little-known superhero known as Iron Fist.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Really the hologram wasn't used for anything apart from gloating. They could have just sent some text messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Qwertycoatl posted:

Really the hologram wasn't used for anything apart from gloating. They could have just sent some text messages.

Kingpin doesn't like burner phones. Just burner theatres.