Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Frieza and Goku are bros now. They made up in Super. 17 said so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

A widdle baby vegeta.

Also are they just retconing Frieza to just hang out without armor now? Is this his shirtless lazy boy phase?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Also, NuBroly got his first SDBH card and he's known as Broly-Br

Thus, he's Broly-Broly :v:

oi

oi

br?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I could beat up Broly

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Except that they're wearing Freezer's army's new armors, implying they're working for Freezer.

If anything, is more likely Paragus is again, trying to gently caress over Vegeta due King Vegeta loving him over, to begin with.

I'd imagine it'd be a ploy of sorts.

"I loving hate Freeza, BUT VEGETA AND HIS SON VEGETA AND THE rear end in a top hat THAT BROUGHT FREEZA BACK ARE THE WORST. We'll kill them first and then deal with Freeza."

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Didn't they shoe-horn in the bardock stuff into the beginning of Kai?

So in a roundabout way, this makes Kai no longer canon?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Broly and bardock should meet the universe 6 saiyans

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Evil Canadian posted:

What stuff.

The special itself? Nah I think just his dying vision

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah, Kai starts with Bardock's last stand against Freezer.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So Bardoc is actually a scientist and Paragus was snubbed by the King to send his super strong kid to the boonies.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I see no Tarble.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I see no Raditz

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also I wonder if the claims that went something along "a character will die" and "the audience will cry" were talking about Bardock dieing :lol:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'd imagine it'd be a ploy of sorts.

"I loving hate Freeza, BUT VEGETA AND HIS SON VEGETA AND THE rear end in a top hat THAT BROUGHT FREEZA BACK ARE THE WORST. We'll kill them first and then deal with Freeza."

At least OG Paragus I could see striking a deal with Frieza. He and Broly get to live in peace, and they get to kill the son of the man who betrayed them.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I see no Tarble.

Who?

lezard_valeth posted:

I see no Raditz

Raditz didn't appear in Minus, so that's to be expected.

https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1047880830188707840

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

lezard_valeth posted:

I see no Raditz
That would imply Toriyama even knows who Raditz is.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I hope Toriyama is also pretending that the plot point where Beerus was the one to actually tell Frieza to destroy the Saiyans never happened.

Because that was super dumb and retelling the extinction of the saiyans for the 3rd time only reinforces how dumb that was.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Seriously, why is Frieza so pink?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Raditz is lame anyways

lezard_valeth posted:

Also I wonder if the claims that went something along "a character will die" and "the audience will cry" were talking about Bardock dieing :lol:

Mooost likely this.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dang, they couldn't even keep Bardock's wristbands red.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

I have no idea. I thought it was some kind of reflection but no, his head is still the correct white, but his natural chest armour is suddenly pink and it looks awful.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Sometimes I wonder if Toryiama isn’t the only one who forgets. :v:

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I don't really mind this actually. I don't really like King Vegeta and I'm tired of Bardock but I'm interested to see how they handle the early Saiyan/Frieza empire infrastructure and to see some more of that. We're getting more Ginyu Force so that owns. Only bummer is that some of the animation seems pretty inconsistent with what we've seen so far, so between that and the obvious 3d models in some of the Goku/Broly face off I guess the movie won't look quite as good as the first trailer suggested. More Dragonball is good, I will watch the film and enjoy the film.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Lookin at the trailer again, it almost feels like they're putting Broly on the same level as Vegeta and Goku. Believe it or not, I think we might actually get the face turn.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

lezard_valeth posted:

I hope Toriyama is also pretending that the plot point where Beerus was the one to actually tell Frieza to destroy the Saiyans never happened.

Because that was super dumb and retelling the extinction of the saiyans for the 3rd time only reinforces how dumb that was.

That was funny because it made Beerus scared.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm wondering why the gently caress Paragus and Broly seem to join the frieza force, given that Paragus seems to hate frieza in the trailer.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Bee posted:

Lookin at the trailer again, it almost feels like they're putting Broly on the same level as Vegeta and Goku. Believe it or not, I think we might actually get the face turn.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this exact same thing

the animation for this looks really good too

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

At least they provided a way more plausible explanation of how Broly survived planet vegeta blowing up.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rhonne posted:

That Maximum the Hormone song. Pink, pink pink!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean Freeza is on the bro ship circle now so anything is possible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Carlosologist posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this exact same thing

the animation for this looks really good too

The dying thing seems more likely.

I guess he would heel turn then die

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rudoku posted:

That Maximum the Hormone song. Pink, pink pink!

Can we bring that song back? Better yet, can we pay MTH to redo it but it's Broly instead?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rhonne posted:

Ate too much shrimp

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Shadowlyger posted:

I imagine it had something to do with not being able to figure out a fitting hair style. Like, take Goku's Super Saiyan hairstyle and stick it on Pan, that poo poo'd look goofy as gently caress. In fact, I'm pretty sure every Super Saiyan has a slightly different hairstyle.

Google super saiyan Pan and see how easy it is to do. It's a lame rear end excuse

Blaze Dragon posted:

Raditz didn't appear in Minus, so that's to be expected.

Uhhhhhhhh

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I should probably read Minus to find out why it's the worst.

I already believe it's bad, just because of the inconsistencies I can see with Goku falling into earth and because it seems to be deleting all the cool saiyan women we saw from the anime special, but I'm curious about how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I always hated the Saiyans being innately evil and Goku hitting his head so Minus doesn't bother me as much. I would've rather they mashed Minus and the original Bardock movie together and have Bardock still be an rear end in a top hat but nice to Gine.
Count me in on being annoyed that the powerful warrior race who grows babies in tanks for some reason not having female fighters despite being biologically attracted to it canonically

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

lezard_valeth posted:

I don't know if this has been posted already but ooooh boy has cartoon network made a powerful enemy: the latin american fanbase
LOL. I'm dying here that in 2018 we're making spanish language dub OPs that still sound like they're mastered using 1970s equipment.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

young frieza was red and nude

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also funfact: bardocks last stand is actually mentioned in the manga so i think that part of the tv special made an impression on toryiama

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

Count me in on being annoyed that the powerful warrior race who grows babies in tanks for some reason not having female fighters despite being biologically attracted to it canonically

That's not what Minus said though, in fact, Gine is specifically said to have been a warrior on Bardock's squad. The thing is, she simply wasn't good at it and didn't have the right temperament, and Bardock had to keep saving her. She switched careers to a non-fighter role, but considering she was a warrior before, that means it was ok for even lower level females to fight.

So, yeah, they explicitly have female fighters, Gine just wasn't any good at it. Gine being a bad fighter doesn't make other Saiyan women bad at fighting too. Especially considering U6 explicitly has the Legendary Super Saiyan being a woman whose girlfriend also popped SSJ2 on her first transformation, I think Saiyan women fight just fine.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

SirKibbles posted:

Google super saiyan Pan and see how easy it is to do. It's a lame rear end excuse

Yeah Toriyama can poo poo out great designs all the time and is widely considered a master mangaka I really can't believe that he couldn't have designed a girl super sayian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

his brain had melted after doing the buu saga and he had to recover