Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Furiza-sama please put a shirt on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Furiza-sama please put a shirt on.

Frieza literally runs around naked in his final form.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rhonne posted:

Yeah but he's really cut so....

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Everyone knows Frieza final form is in a skin tight suit

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Kurui Reiten posted:

That's not what Minus said though, in fact, Gine is specifically said to have been a warrior on Bardock's squad. The thing is, she simply wasn't good at it and didn't have the right temperament, and Bardock had to keep saving her. She switched careers to a non-fighter role, but considering she was a warrior before, that means it was ok for even lower level females to fight.

So, yeah, they explicitly have female fighters, Gine just wasn't any good at it. Gine being a bad fighter doesn't make other Saiyan women bad at fighting too. Especially considering U6 explicitly has the Legendary Super Saiyan being a woman whose girlfriend also popped SSJ2 on her first transformation, I think Saiyan women fight just fine.

Was complaining about the movie trailer sorry if it was unclear. I am aware of the Gine thing it's where Gohan gets it from and I love it.

Rhonne posted:

You gonna tell him to put on clothes then?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We're probably going to reach a point that comic book fans are used to with choose-your-own-continuity.

I’m already there, if I don’t like it I just forget about it because gently caress if Toriyama isn’t already 3 steps ahead on that front :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also if Frieza dies for the third time I swear to Kami

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TheKingofSprings posted:

A Frieza will die in every movie!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I hope it turns out Bardock was revived by the Dragon Balls at some point, has Ultra Instinct, and kills Frieza.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

TheKingofSprings posted:

Frieza's died more times than Raditz, hosed up but true

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope they show Bardock getting sent back in time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I hope it turns out Broly is Bardock.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

good or bad, this movie is the best dragon ball has ever looked. the animation and art style they've shown off are so loving good

TheKingofSprings posted:

hey that's still tied with krillin so it's ok. now if he dies a fourth time...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Cooler shows up.

Fawf posted:

Frieza's died more times than Raditz, hosed up but true

Goku has died more times than Raditz.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A significant portion of the people on Earth in Dragonball Z have died more than Raditz. There are at least some people out there who got murdered both by the Saiyans/Gero/Cell and then died a few years later to Buu.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

A significant portion of the people on Earth in Dragonball Z have died more than Raditz. There are at least some people out there who got murdered both by the Saiyans/Gero/Cell and then died a few years later to Buu.

I want to see the guy that somehow got murdered by all of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you count freeza blowing up the planet in rof then everyone on earth has died more than raditz

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Manatee Cannon posted:

good or bad, this movie is the best dragon ball has ever looked. the animation and art style they've shown off are so loving good

It's glorious, Goku's super saiyan looks like something from a poster. Such a nostalgia rush, so glad Toei is putting in effort with a passionate crew.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is there supposed to be a difference between armor that has oval shoulder pads versus the new armor that has like cut off angles?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I want to see the guy that somehow got murdered by all of them.

The story of a poor man that has died to The Red Ribbon Army, King Piccolo, Radditz, Nappa/Vegeta, Somehow to Cyborg Frieza, Cell, Majin Vegeta/Eaten By Buu, Golden Frieza and accidentally by Goku. King Yama is on a friendly first name basis with him.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

why is freeza naked

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like, in his fourth form it at least works as a character design, but here he looks like a crab whose shell fell off.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Augus posted:

why is freeza naked

it was a different era

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Like, in his fourth form it at least works as a character design, but here he looks like a crab whose shell fell off.

it's not the first time he's done this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it's pink because he's daddy special little princess

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you count freeza blowing up the planet in rof then everyone on earth has died more than raditz

I dont count that because time was reversed instead of everyone being brought back to life. This way Mr Satan still holds his title as the only human in DB who has never died

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont count that because time was reversed instead of everyone being brought back to life. This way Mr Satan still holds his title as the only human in DB who has never died

Future Mai and Fortuneteller Baba would like to debate that, I suspect.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Oh god it's like seeing Freeza naked in the shower!"

"Wait a minute, Freeza's always naked! ARRRRGGGGHHH!"

Dias posted:

Can we bring that song back? Better yet, can we pay MTH to redo it but it's Broly instead?

BROOLY BROOLY BROOOOOOOOOOOLYYYYYY

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hot drat, you guys are right. The animation in the new movie really is looking fantastic.

Interesting that stuff from Minus is looking like it will a part of the movie too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder if Bardock is A BRILLIANT SCIENTIST in this movie.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bardock was only a brilliant scientist in one of the old dubs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nah, if hes going full Jor-El in this movie they might as well make him a brilliant scientist.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope Broly is voiced by Michael Shannon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Nah, if hes going full Jor-El in this movie they might as well make him a brilliant scientist.

He's a brilliant scientist... by Saiyan standards.

Vegeta doesn't talk about it around Bulma for a reason.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
DBMinus Bardock is still a genocidal space pirate, only he doesn't want his son to die.

I don't see it as that big a change.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 5, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

He's a brilliant scientist... by Saiyan standards.

Vegeta doesn't talk about it around Bulma for a reason.

saiyans had interstellar travel so their standards are at least higher than earth's

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

DBMinus Bardock is still a genocidal space pirate, only he doesn't want his son to die.

Yeah like caring about your child even if you wage war for a living isnt weird.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

saiyans had interstellar travel so their standards are at least higher than earth's

Earth's science produced the #1 warrior in the multiverse.

Saiyan science couldn't even figure out artificial gravity training.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dr gero and bulma's family are outliers and you know it

e: some poo poo might just be illegal too. beerus polices some technologies and races that actually know about him wouldn't go against what he says. like time travel is a known thing but nobody does it outside of earth

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 5, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Pureauthor posted:

Well, you see if Goku is only a good person because he cracked his skull and isn't a good person because his grandfather raised him to be one. Then everything is amazing.

Seriously the only person in-canon whoever said Goku was sent to Earth to take it over, was Raditz, who didn't know poo poo. As for Goku being a rowdy child... he was. The very little we see of him with Granda Gohan, he's jumping on the table being a brat. Nothing has changed except HEAD TRAUMA not being the reason Goku's a good person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

dr gero and bulma's family are outliers and you know it

Doctor Wheelo.
Android 21
Senbei Norimaki

Earthling mad science is a legitimate discipline.