Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Alopex posted:

Even if you're going to go all biotruths about it you'd think that would mean a horsewoman should have a higher aid score since her horse would be carrying less weight to start with.

Like FP said, the most you can think of it as is, "We didn't want the Pegasus Knights to have absurd aid" If Shanna, who has 4 con, were to have the vanilla Aid score, she'd have 21 aid, enough to rescue Merlinus who's got 20 con, the maximum.

That said, do you know the simple solutions to that problem?
1. Make a tag that says "Cannot be rescued"
2. Raise her con to not 4, which is an absurdly poo poo number
3. Just make Aid cap at 19?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

4. Have a "pegasus" flag instead that reduces Aid for pegasus knights. It does make sense that a flying horse can carry less of a load than a not-flying horse.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Zurai posted:

4. Have a "pegasus" flag instead that reduces Aid for pegasus knights. It does make sense that a flying horse can carry less of a load than a not-flying horse.

There is a Pegasus flag, it's what puts the Pegasus icon in the stat screen

But yeah an example of the aid is that, here's Shanna, who only has 16 Aid, because her numbers are Con-20 and here's Marcus

Marcus has 14 Aid, because 25-11 is 14.

EDIT: this whole thing really feels like some beta tester, pick up Merlinus, and the simple answer eluded them. And I can relate, because do you know how often there's a simple answer and I will pick the most difficult roundabout or stupid option until, after thinking about it and wasting time, just go "... why not simple?"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The only good thing that came from the old way that FE handheld stats and the bullshit surrounding it was Lisa’s line about chauvinism being flammable.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Onmi posted:

That breaking out of jail scene is awfully familiar.

Come to think of it, you did have something similar, right?

TravelLog posted:

Can you post them (if Vilk doesn't mind)? I'll admit I've been curious since Vilk seems have such bad luck with a lot of team.

I'd honestly prefer not to have any picking apart the rom for details type stuff in the thread, at least until I've finished the run. But you can very easily get the game and febuilder for yourself and check the numbers if you want to.

:allears:

Hunt11 posted:

The only good thing that came from the old way that FE handheld stats and the bullshit surrounding it was Lisa’s line about chauvinism being flammable.

That was a very good line, but I maintain that con is a good stat, just one is has horribly mismanaged.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

vilkacis posted:

That was a very good line, but I maintain that con is a good stat, just one is has horribly mismanaged.

I think so too. Weight and Con can work in GBA FE, it's just that IntSys did a terrible job balancing them. Lots of people choose to just get rid of it instead of trying to rebalance everything, but I think it provides a little bit of a strategic addition to know that you may have to make some tradeoffs when selecting weapons.

That mindset comes from when I played Awakening and felt that there was zero reason to use anything but the newest rank weapon you had access to on a character, since basically every character of mine was hitting 100% Hit all the time and there was no downside to just giving them whatever strongest weapons I had lying around and forgetting about it. Granted I didn't play on the hardest difficulties but by the time I stopped playing I was just completely bored with the game for multiple reasons, this perceived lack of weapon strategy being one of them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Funfact: literally the only female character in the entire gba trilogy with double digit con, even after promotion, is vaida. Several female characters have such low con they cant even lift iron weapons without penalty. Accordingly, Vaida is the only female character who could theoretically use an iron axe without penalty. Isadora has such low con that there are literally only three weapons in the entire game she can wield without penalty, the slim sword, iron sword, and slim lance.

Con itself is a fine balancing mechanic to make charactera distinctive. And isadoras bad con doesnt make her unusable or anything. But what.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

10. Lazy Wayland pun #2

We have sidequest!

And I'm pretty sure these are forced.

Ah, Sir Vlad. I'm afraid I have another assignment for you and your group.

Hmhm, busy as ever aren't you. Alright then, chap, what's the business?

I need you to scout ahead on the current state of Fort Lodi. If I'm being completely honest, I would prefered to send a smaller force of my own men. The position is vital however, so I need someone I can count on.

If you need a second pair of eyes, then you shall have the eyes of hawk. Consider the position as if you were standing there yourself.

Thank you... Though I must say, it is a shame your best set of eyes and ears are away.

Meila is on an important mission, but her absence just makes things more interesting for Wayland and myself.

Ah, yes your protege... His skills and manners are in need of refinement, but you have quite the upstanding pupil.

Hmhm that I do, but his attitude is what makes him so entertaining to teach.

I'll take you on your word. Good hunting, Sir Vlad.

To you as well, Lord Rudolfo.

That thief had better not run off with my ocean emblem crest seal thingy!

---

It would seem that the garrison is more sparse than expected... Far more.

They must have gone somewhere. This many men do not simply disappear.

Myes. We must return and report our findings to Lord Rudolfo.

Does it now?

Indeed it does!

I'll pepper you full of arrows, I swear I will!

And it's an archer, so you know she's in trouble! :haw:

1: You sure about this? I mean, she's just a kid...

2: Looks don't matter! There were reports of rebels in the area, and this girl was snooping about. Obviously she's a spy!

I'm no spy, and I'm no child! I'm simply traveling through!

2: Likely story, rebel!
Alright grab her, we'll have her spill where the rest of her lot are hiding!

1: I don't know, but alright...

Ooh, why won't you leave me alone!

Might I suggest less threats involving sharp objects...?

Sir!

What does a gentleman do when they see an innocent in peril?

They assist the innocent party.

Precisely! And the model soldier follows orders to the letter. Now, what were our orders?

To observe the fort that we are aiming to seize.

That is the state of things... So, what is the correct course of action?

Hmhm. I shall consider that advice after our victory, but for now...!

Phooey! I told you I'm just traveling, why are you so persistent?

2: Hmph! Your resistance is all the proof I need, rebel! Now die!

Eh?

2: W-what?!

Yes, thanks to you good-!!
I am no child! I am a bonafide adult!

Aha, you must forgive me of my brash assumption. From your golden hair and melodious accent, I can presume you to be Silensian?

Yes! How did you know, sir?

Hmhm, I could never mistake the natural beauty exuded from my countrymen. Now then, young lady..?

Celia.

Young Lady Celia yes, whatever could you be doing so far from home? There is a war going on you know.

I'm looking for somebody close to me, but on my way through here those men chased me off. I dropped my treasured bow and... and..

Say no more. Those ruffians happen to be our target, so you have met with good fortune.
Lady Elaine, Wayland! We shall be assisting the Lady Celia here while taking the fort.

Yes, Sir.

You will? Thank you ever so much!

I certainly hope so, you're an archer so I pretty much have to use you!!

We go straight into the map. This seems a little more challenging than the last x chapter!

It's a little bigger, and there's more enemies, but still not too overwhelming. Before we dive in, though:

A youth from Silensia. Kind, but childish.

Celia is more or less the opposite of Boleslav, fast but weak. So in practice, probably a better character.

You can have my fat archer when you pry him out of my cold, dead hands.

Also! She comes with the next tier of longbow. That is very nice! She actually has good skill to make up for the meagre 55 hit, too.

The initial enemies aren't much of a threat. I used Elaine on a tree as bait, it's really unlikely that she'll die since enemies have ~30 displayed hit on her there, and then the rest can just clean house.

No! Bad Jeigan!

VLAD. CHILL.

Now this guy doesn't seem to want to move, but he's kind of important. He has a chest key! There are two chests on the map, and we have no thief. We need that!

Vlad will handle that while the unpromoted people take care of the rest.

Longbow versus longbow! Let's see who comes out on top.

It's Celia! I bet you are all very surprised by this! ...I swear I'm not scripting these.

I'd have scripted a better level if I were!

Vlad refuses to chill. Well, fine then.

This draws a short spear from the soldier above, too, but Wayland's tanky enough not to care.

The merc was kind enough to drop a steel sword, which is handy because he's about halfway through his starting one.

Wall down! There are no door keys, so we have to do this if we want that chest. Though... how did that archer get in there...?

And yoink!

And an easy kill for Celia.

Speaking of easy kills!

I'm starting to think Wayland might actually be a good unit.

The mage has Elfire! Very scary!

...is what I would say if I didn't double and oneround him. Now that's an archer level!

And I do believe that's the bow she was talking about. She does come with C rank to use it!

Wayland handles the knight in the south. He's annoying, but harmless.

Eh, it's chip exp, I'll take it. Healing first, though!

Elaine officially Z-tier garbage.

And now, there are only four of you, too! Finishing the knight drew in the boss, but he's...

...just kind of there, really.

That's some rather unhealthy chip exp...

I needed this! Elaine is currently doing her best to break the one she started with.

I left Vlad to draw the short axe fire while I clean up the others. I want that exp!

One guy!

Two guys!

Olé!

And then there were none.

Where are you, Boleslav? I miss you.

Wayland, raise the flags to let Lord Rudolfo know of our quick victory.

Sir.

---

Well, I cannot fault a man of your principles, seeing as you accomplished our objective with but a handful of men. Congratulations are in order for you as well, young Wayland. Even with someone of Sir Vlad's caliber, this was no easy task I imagine.

Thank you.

Enough of the congratulations. While on the way here I received an urgent message. Baron Salamanca's castle has come under siege.

Hrmph. Of all the castles to attack, they choose the one to give us the most trouble. They're a good gambler if nothing else.

Regardless of their method of choice, you know how important it is that we rush to assist. I shall be leaving a minimal garrison here. We are to move as quick as we can to lift the siege, so ready yourself for a forced march.

Do not fret, I shall set the pace myself.

Good, then let us be off.

Hmmm?

By no means, but are you willing to go into battle? If you are not I must regretfully decline.

I'm here to find my brother. There's a chance I could find him in a battle and I won't pass that chance.

Very well then.
Elaine, help lead the front. You know the fastest route to your cousin's castle from here I presume?

Thats right. We should be able to arrive in a days time.

Then let us be off!

And we will be going back to our usual crew, I imagine...

...as the next chapter doesn't have an x on it! We'll see what that is about... at some point. Probably.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I'm like 50/50 on whether I think Isadora's con is a mistake, because she has -3 personal con on top of the female paladin having -3 con compared to the male (and she's the only one using that class), so it looks like it could just be a mistaken double application. But at the same time, looking at all the other female characters' con, I would not be surprised to find they really meant for her to have -6 compared to the male-adins.

:yeah:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I actually like the idea of x chapters being based on another party instead of being optional. I was never a fan of the idea of missing chapters, and there's never a reason to say no, so this is a better use of that naming scheme (I can't say that aspect of gameplay since it has nothing to do with it).

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

Endorph posted:

Funfact: literally the only female character in the entire gba trilogy with double digit con, even after promotion, is vaida. Several female characters have such low con they cant even lift iron weapons without penalty. Accordingly, Vaida is the only female character who could theoretically use an iron axe without penalty. Isadora has such low con that there are literally only three weapons in the entire game she can wield without penalty, the slim sword, iron sword, and slim lance.

Con itself is a fine balancing mechanic to make charactera distinctive. And isadoras bad con doesnt make her unusable or anything. But what.

Unless I'm misremembering, this is untrue. Amelia can reach 11 Con if you take her to General.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

Unless I'm misremembering, this is untrue. Amelia can reach 11 Con if you take her to General.

Quite right.

And before that, Knight Amelia has 10 Con. It's a fun path to send her down, even if Cavaliers are probably better because of the 7 Move.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
And Wendy/Gwendolyn as well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I usually go Cav > Great Knight for Amelia, which makes her have 9 I believe. As for Wendy, that was just me forgetting about her. My bad.

The general idea of 'female units have stupidly low con' still applies, though.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

quote:

I'm starting to think Wayland might actually be a good unit.

Oh you have NO idea. When he promotes....!

In my playthrough I ended up seriously under-using Algimas in favor of the other two main characters (Wayland and Kamille). Had to feed him kills to get him back on his feet, even. And it still wasn't worth it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

"Well, this is awkward".png

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Picked up Order of the Crimson Arm, because the little gameplay changes kind of interested me. I've been getting fairly RNG screwed with a lot of characters honestly, but then I have Haylyn being the fastest character at 16 speed at level 12.

Too bad she can't actually fight....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Ephraim225 posted:

Oh you have NO idea.

Or do I :ghost:

(actually no.)

Keldulas posted:

Too bad she can't actually fight....

Soon™!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It has been a while since I have played a rom hack, but what am I missing right now? I have downloaded an emulator and the game that Crimson Arm is based on but I am not sure what I am supposed to do next.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

A wag tells me to grab a ups patcher and use it to apply the patch to the rom. At least I think people still use ups.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That worked for me so thank you.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Was this face portrait taken from one of the original GBA games?

I don't have every boss from FE6-8 memorized, but I feel like I would remember such an amazing :rolleyes: expression.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

vilkacis posted:

I'd honestly prefer not to have any picking apart the rom for details type stuff in the thread, at least until I've finished the run. But you can very easily get the game and febuilder for yourself and check the numbers if you want to.

I'm on a Mac and Wine has not proved cooperative with FEBuilder, but your point is well taken.

It can wait!

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 13, 2018

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

Was this face portrait taken from one of the original GBA games?

Not sure. I don't remember him, though.

TravelLog posted:

I'm on a Mac and Wine has not proved cooperative with FEBuilder, but your point is well taken.

It can wait!

Ah, I didn't consider that possibility.

I might post them myself at the end of the run.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Here are Tact's comments regarding text skips and the like.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Holy poo poo, those speech mannerisms :allears:. Celia is the best character.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 13, 2018

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

MythosDragon posted:

She's definitely a favorite of mine. Both for her character and her usefulness.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Onmi posted:

Here are Tact's comments regarding text skips and the like.

The deepest lore, he says...?

MythosDragon posted:

I mean she's not Boleslav.

But she's pretty good for not being Boleslav.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

vilkacis posted:

The deepest lore, he says...?

Abyssal

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Oh boy I can't wait :neckbeard:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

11. Loud

I'd be a lot more impressed with this chapter title if knights didn't have garbage movement...

We have been marching at full pace for nearly two days. The men are exhausted, myself among them. The only thing keeping us going is the captain's encouragement and the importance of our mission. Thankfully, Lady Salamanca has given us directions that has cut our travel time significantly. We shall be upon the castle within the hour....

Short and sweet. Fortunately, there is no fatigue mechanic in the game!

Today is the day you face judgment for betraying your oaths!

Gwahaha! Betray my oaths? Never! I swore loyalty to King Tercio, and I shall die to protect his legacy!

You are a fool, Sir Foskey. Your sorry excuse for a knight's honor shall be your downfall!

The orange dude peaces out to the south.

Sir Foskey, we are the only ones remaining. Can we really hold them off?

Of course we can! All the enemy has is numbers, They shall beat themselves against us like the ocean does a cliff! I believe today we turn the tides!

Sir!

---

It looks that way... but the men are exhausted...

Take only the ones able to fight then. This is going to be rough.

To be honest, this is going to be something of a vacation after that prison break sequence!

We have three factions here, and as usual the greenies will be doing terribly stupid things throughout. Foskey's crew aren't actually terrible, and they'll do a decent job slowing the enemy, but we are definitely on the clock if we want to save Foskey, who's sitting on the castle gate in the middle.

Baron Salamanca, also known as the Knight of Knights. Loud.

"Loud." :allears: He comes with an axereaver, javelin, and vulnerary, which is handy! I hope he won't waste it all.

In the lower right,

A knight of Ostreich who has remained loyal to Cortez.

...we have Gio, who is not a particularly great knight. The class is the same as always, full weapon triangle. He doesn't have a sword, but...

...he has this! Do I bring Robert just for a secret b-

yes I am bringing robert just for a secret book

There's also this asshat to contend with,

...and this guy has Aircalibur, so the area's a no-fly zone until we deal with both him and the archer. And, speaking of, there are also three ballistae on the map... though Foskey's guys will be nabbing one.

Anyway, let's get started. I've brought the same party as last time, since I got an extra slot so Robert can tag along without needing to bench anyone for him. Negu finishes the soldier for

As I was saying, Negu fini

. . .

as I was saying

Negu finishes the soldier for a level. And it's a good one, too! Isn't that nice?

Her bro doesn't do much worse.

I didn't reset for this one!

The soldier decided he'd rather die to Algimas,

...and cursed him with a meh level. Def is good, but...

And this guy went after him, too. That's our first broken iron lance!

As said, the greenies aren't too bad. They will die, though.

ughhh I didn't even see this asshat

But this is the real threat. Aircalibur's pretty strong!

I don't really have a plan, I'm just going to hope I don't get crit, it's like turn three, who cares.

Bur first! A r r o w s

I wasn't expecting a crit but

I'm definitely going to take it!

...this, a little more reluctantly. You really don't level up well, do you...?

Go Algimas! Show the world you've still got it! ...You never had it to begin with, show the world you've finally found it!

And here's one for Chiara.

I think she's pretty much just... better Ernst at this point. He might have another point of con, which is offset by the fact that she's four points of speed ahead of him, and maybe slightly more def/hp? It's a shame because I'd like to use Ernst, but I don't think we can justify using up a deployment slot on him... Hell, even Chiara feels like she's one of the weaker parts of the group right now, because the fact that she's a swordlocked infantry unit makes it hard for her to get to the action before everyone else more or less finishes up. Which is very sad!

All right, no crits, and now I have this. Bea's gonna have fun with it. Maybe.

Greenies still holding out!

Need to hurry up, though.

Splat!

What a good level.

Green and purple green and purple green and purple green and purple

One of them even got a 3% crit!

We've arrived at the middle island, and now we've broken two of these.

Nice, nice.

And I did this mostly so I could see what this guy actually looks like. Answer:

like this!

Haylyn's going to be so good with that light tome if I ever find one!

Foskey's pretty much safe now.

One of the few remaining guys cursed Kurtis with a bad level, but he did get a weapon rank, so it's fine.

You'll get yours, just you wait!

Especially now that we have these guys.

Quite rude of them not to wait on us.

Knowing Sir Foskey, I would not be surprised if he began it himself.

Mm'yes, he is quite the strange bird, valiant nonetheless.
Young Lady Celia, will you be fine by yourself?

Oh no you don't, you helped me, so I'm going to help you!

Hahaha, of course how rude of me. Then we shall count on your assistance.
Wayland, are you ready?

Ready as always, sir.

Good, then shall we save the day.

I mean, it's been pretty thoroughly saved already, but you can help take out the trash.

Like so! Wayland gets a weapon level.

Still some left, but no one can resist the healer-on-a-fort strategy!

Brigand finally arrived by the village, so I decided to gently caress him up before he fucks it up.

They have been isolated for days now.

Hm. East? There's only the village to the west. I wonder if that's what he's talking about, or if there's something we'll see later.

All according to plan.

Please, take this to him! He's super strong, but he needs all the help he can get.

We got a talisman from the village. Maybe make Kamille even more impervious to magic...? It's not going to Foskey, I can tell you that much straight away.

But speaking of!

You've returned my love! How was your travels to the old capital?

It was quite fascinating I must say, how are the children?

Safe inside the castle, my dear!
Enough though, we shall catch up after routing the enemy!

Yes, my dear.

It's a shame he has 4 mov. I like him. :saddowns:

Of course you do, but here is a refresher.
There is: Zentir, Chief of the Gods. Raduen, God of the Ocean. Yasur, God of Fortune. Aedue, Goddess of the Sky. Iri, Goddess of the Winds. Hiathe, Goddess of Healing. Nashect, God of War. Diaen, Goddess of Fire. Eolo, Goddess of the Afterlife. Kagor, God of Merchants. Jokun, God of the Seasons. and Tulan, God of the Earth.
Now, don't you feel more devout?

I... sure, I guess...?

That was a lot of words, so have some flashy pictures.

The pegasus was just south of Chiara here. More importantly,

Wayland is Good.

The wyvern Sven was fighting is in run mode, but there's still one bolt left in this thing!

He hasn't beaten him once at anything ever since they became knights.

He can rest easy knowing that it won't be Foskey beating him this time!

A few more cavs spawned in alongside our reinforcements, because it can't ever be simple, but they're pretty harmless.

Speed! And also magic. Kamille is also good!

No level for Chiara, but C swords is good enough for now. She could use the killing edge!

Nuke! And then I rescuedropped him.

Somewhere along the way, Algimas ran into Wayland. Or maybe it was the other way around. Anyway!

Wha... Wayland! What on Lansiel are you doing here?!

I could ask the same.

No, seriously, what are you doing here?! Does father know?

Are you with the revolution?

Yes, but-

Then we can talk later.

I'm not sure, but if it's good reinforcements, I'm definitely not complaining!

Killstealing son of a-

I can't stay mad, though. Nice one! That leaves only one active cav, and Bea got that one (and C anima).

I'm assuming the boss moves, and I don't want to pull him yet. Still an archer and a cav that's been chilling in the corner there since the start.

Doing some prep... Yeah, I don't think Haylyn needs to worry too much about being replaced.

We cleaned up the last generics, so let's have some fun!

I shall rid you of your head and post it on a pike!

She loving 2% ballista crit him for 6 damage and got a level for it :allears:

Not that he doesn't heal everything right back, but eh. Also, it turns out he doesn't move, so let's just abuse the hell out of that for a bit!

There was some good chip exp.

And some really good kill exp, too! And that's the map.

You know this man, Captain?

You know that brother I was telling you about? This is him.

Oh! I can see why you are a bit shocked.

here has been working with us for about 3 years. We employed his services after clearing it with your father, of course.

Hmm. Seems we have a lot to talk about, then.

Thank you for your assistance everyone! I have sent word to General Valborge and Lady Clara. They should arrive here within the week if my message reaches them.
Please, please! Rest at my castle, you all must be tired from such a battle! In fact, you shall all stay in the Manse! I shall have my servants prepare rooms for all of you immediately!

We shall accept your generous offer with open arms.

I'm still confused, why is he here?

It would be unwise to think about it at the moment. For now, you and everyone else needs rest.

Yeah, yeah you're right.

---

When are you fuckers going to learn- oh hell with it, I hope this is important.

(offscreen) The Vice Captain has requested an audience with you, immediately.

The vice.... you mean Ernst? This is strange.... I shall be out soon.

(offscreen) Very good, Ma'am.

---

Good work. You can head on out now.

Very well, Sir.

No, thank you... But what could be so important that you would call me?

We're just gonna have a chat is all.

... If it isn't anything important, then if I could take my leave. I'm exhausted-

Algimas is startin' to trust you.

...Excuse me?

Course, I'm starting to trust ya' also.

You didn't before?

Of course not. We've tried workin' with enough floozies callin' themselves "strategists" or "master tacticians." Most of them got cold feet, some just got themselves killed. But you, you stuck around.

I see... So what was it you needed to talk to me about?

If you haven't noticed, Algimas tends to rely on me when it comes to decisions.

I had seen evidence of such, but if you think so as well...

Point is, he's got some rough history, nothing too uncommon in the field mind you, but it weighs on him.
Unfortunately, it's also what drives him forward at the moment. He doesn't show it, but he gets conflicted pretty easily.

So what you're saying is, when he has those moments, try helping him steer in the right direction.

Exactly. See, you got a good head on your shoulders too.

So I'd believe... I can only wonder what he has on his mind, though.

It's not my story to tell. He'll come around to tell ya' 'bout it if he feels like it.

Indeed.
To be completely honest Ernst, I never would have foreseen having such a conversation with you.

Hey, I take my job pretty seriously. Who do ya' think taught Algimas how to read?

Ha! You're awfully rigid sometimes, you know? Learn to just go with things every once in awhile. Maybe you'll think'a something your dear old dad never woulda' done.

I highly doubt that. But I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, Ernst.

No problem.

---

We've been told to sit in on the meeting.

It means they have something for us, then.

Probably something troublesome.

---

Clara told me I am going with you. As are Sir Vlad and Elaine.

Lady Clara surely is kind to send so many capable soldiers our way.

I'll be off then.

It's good to see you again.

Same to you.

---

Sir Algimas, this is one of my most trusted advisors, Lord Erwin.

You and your men have greatly benefitted Her Majesty, and for that I am thankful.
Now, we must ask you to do more.

What's the plan then?

In order to secure our route to the capital, we must travel through the Weiss Valley, but we cannot do so safely unless we take Castle Leizpeg which guards the passage through the valley. If we wait too long, then reinforcements will reach the capital and victory there will undoubtedly take a heavy toll on our forces.
That is where you come in, Sir Algimas. You and your men shall premptly take the fortress while our main force begins its march through the valley.

You expect us to take this fortress by our lonesome?

No, that is why I am sending men with you. Sir Borgriff and Sir Rudolfo here shall be accompanying you.

I look forward to fighting together in battle.

Even so, I can only ask the Gods to show us their favor.

There will also be two men joining you at the fortress. The pair are Braxians, so their might should prove most useful.
I can not make this any clearer: This battle is crucial for the revolution. If we were to fail here, then there is no hope for a swift end.

I wish you all luck in the coming battle.

Hmm, I wonder if this amount would be influenced by the number of green units who survived or something... Be that as it may, the ones who died are dead, and we're not going to try to go back and do better. They're green units, not people.

With that, we are done! I think this was pretty good - the writing is certainly rough around the edges, but there are definitely good ideas and characters in here.

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 30, 2018

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary

vilkacis posted:

I mean she's not Boleslav.

But she's pretty good for not being Boleslav.

Not being Boleslav is like dodging a bullet. A lucky thing, in other words.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

Not being Boleslav is like dodging a bullet. A lucky thing, in other words.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You missed a line, or Wayland's answering to nothing since his conversation with Algimas starts with him saying he could ask the same...without a previous sentence for that "same".

Also that's a lot of units to drop on you all of a sudden.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Whoops, so I did.

And yes, quite a lot. And they aren't even done yet!

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Hey, what did you do vilkacis?

Those weren't Algimas level ups; those weren't Algimas level ups at all. What did you do with the REAL Algimas? Where did you hide the body!?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I will never tell.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Is there a text file with the growths out there somewhere? I’d like to just check but I didn’t see anything in the FE Universe thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You could just pop the rom open in febuilder to see the growths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Endorph posted:

You could just pop the rom open in febuilder to see the growths.

I’m on a Mac so I can’t quite do that, but I might try running it with Wine later to see if that’ll work