Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm hoping that Rimiru surprisingly being one hell of a smooth operator comes up in the next episode, that's a fun moment.

I'd put this story at a notch under KonoSuba in terms of how horny the protagonist is, overall he just is really into elves and enjoying being in civilization at last, if I were to read a bit into it. Later on there's a fair number of women really being into him, being jealous if others show interest, etc., but he's pretty content to just chill out on ladies' laps.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Oct 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

NowonSA posted:

I'd put this story at a notch under KonoSuba in terms of how horny the protagonist is, overall he just is really into elves and enjoying being in civilization at last, if I were to read a bit into it. Later on there's a fair number of women really being into him, being jealous if others show interest, etc., but he's pretty content to just chill out on ladies' laps.

i'm really looking forward to this plot thread intersecting with the "gained the ability to look like a cute girl" plot thread

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It leads to a couple of my favorite pages of Rimuru's regular life in the manga that I'm hoping will show up in the anime, but it's not profound or anything, just adorable.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Yes. I kinda appreciate that they reveal the human form in the intro, 'cause I'm real curious who he absorbs to get it. Murdering humans and eating them isn't how he rolls (so far).

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
This show is just wholesome and fun. Slime just wants to help people, make friends, discover the world.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Subvisual Haze posted:

This show is just wholesome and fun. Slime just wants to help people, make friends, discover the world.

Slime just wants ELF-U!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

And elves really like to cuddle slime that shuffles around on the ground and just spent a few days absorbing wolf sweat.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

all the flowers it ate at the start of the series leaves it smelling permanently like a bouquet of roses

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 26, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
..smell? What's he talking about? I don't have one of those. Great Sage, explain!

... :sweatdrop:

"Hmhmhm. Leave it to Cao Ni Ma to notice. You show a lot of potential!"

KomeradeCanadian
Jun 22, 2014

Cephas posted:

i'm really looking forward to this plot thread intersecting with the "gained the ability to look like a cute girl" plot thread

Isn't it in the op, a blue haired girl morphs into a slime?

More importantly, I guess one of the girls is getting... eaten?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Subvisual Haze posted:

This show is just wholesome and fun.

KomeradeCanadian posted:

More importantly, I guess one of the girls is getting... eaten?
Wholesome and fun canniblistic human consumption! :burger:

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
My guess is that Rimiru gains a shifter ability after eating a certain number of monsters, kind of like how his water jet turned into water manipulation eventually.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

New episode :siren:

Kaijin is the best :allears:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It did make me laugh how much they were telegraphing the elves were going to be totally different from what he expected, but then nope, they really are just boobyelves

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

They forgot Gobta in the cell, didn't they?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

nielsm posted:

Yes "forgot". :)

I'm sure the guards will kick him out when they notice him dangling there. After they franticly search around for a giant spider.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
New ending. Shows some interesting stuff. I guess these oni's? are going to be a big part of the story going on.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oni's are a factor before too long, I don't think that's not much of a spoiler.

I'm glad Rimuru being smooth was included. Sadly he doesn't go on to make his own hostess club as far as I know, in his shoes it'd be my first priority to get ELF-U's at my beck and call.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

nielsm posted:

Poil posted:

Yes "forgot". :)

I'm sure the guards will kick him out when they notice him dangling there. After they franticly search around for a giant spider.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't show how that wraps up after the closing. Hopefully they don't skip it, and show it at the start of the next episode, along with the start of the journey back home, seeing as the first is when I started to like Gobta and the latter shows just how the rest of the world would react to what Rimuru has done.

Onean fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 30, 2018

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Onean, no offense but maybe you should stop talking about future manga chapters without spoilers.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I didn't think that was even really spoilery, so I didn't bother. My bad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They did a good job making those punches feel like they had some weight.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

NowonSA posted:

I'm glad Rimuru being smooth was included. Sadly he doesn't go on to make his own hostess club as far as I know, in his shoes it'd be my first priority to get ELF-U's at my beck and call.

You mean E.I.L.F's.

I can't believe he came up with that acronym.

I can't believe I just used that acronym.

I can't believe Gobuta got left behind in the jail cell and is not in fact butter.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Does anyone know who all the different elves are based on? I’m pretty sure the one he was sitting on was from sword art online.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

This show is almost unbearably charming.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I can't tell if dwarf king is actually huge or if that's all just in the camera angles. Also this is like an unusually sympathetic portrayal of the weasally obstructive government official considering what usually happens to his type in a power fantasy, hmmm.

Who's the proxy they mentioned at the end? Did I forget something?

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
I just assumed it was the weaselly dude that was supposed to defend Slime and Co, but was paid off

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kibibit posted:

I just assumed it was the weaselly dude that was supposed to defend Slime and Co, but was paid off

Ah yeah him, yeah that makes sense. I hope there's a lot more dwarf shannigans. These guys seem neat.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kibibit posted:

Turns out that when you don't even pretend to do your job, people might suspect something's up.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm surprised the Dwarf King has given up on trying to repair relations with the slime, as he sees it as valuable.

Eliza
Feb 20, 2011

Judging by the final scene with him he would consider it as temporary armistice at best, seeing as he knowingly compared him to our dragon buddy, who was effectively a nuclear deterrent for the entire region.
If there had been bad blood between Rimuru and the dwarves as a whole he would have been forced to act. As it stands, it's just one magistrate that made the poo poo list, rather than the entire nation - no reason for him to raise suspicion by being uncharacteristically amicable to a low tier monster that arrived barely a day prior.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just started watching on FuniDub pace and I want Valdoria in this show as much as humanly (?) possible.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Just started watching on FuniDub pace and I want Valdoria in this show as much as humanly (?) possible.

Im so sorry

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

I'm surprised the Dwarf King has given up on trying to repair relations with the slime, as he sees it as valuable.

That did surprise me as well, but it's not like that can't be an option for him later. He sends someone to spy on Rimuru, and the dwarf Kingdom is gonna remain this nice place of seeming prosperity and incredible military strength. Getting lots of full potions is nice and all, but trying to make that connection later when you're observed this random monster, how it operates, what it might want, that's not a bad play either.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

And, above all, not making the kingdom look weak. A minister was assaulted, somebody had to be (visibly!) punished.

I suspect he'll get the humanish form via eating a corpse (that he didn't make).

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

One thing I keep wondering about is what form Veldora's protection of the forest took (spoilers for the funidub people)

It seems clear that it wasn't "just" his menacing aura, which probably was enough for something like the direwolves/random cave monsters. It seems the more "intelligent" humanoid nations also knew to stay the gently caress out.

Eliza
Feb 20, 2011

Judging by what they said in the first episode, that everything is made of magicules, and that Veldora was apparently bleeding them like crazy for hundreds of years, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that his sheer presence just attracted/created tons of high level monsters - the things present in the cave like armorsaurs that sent the presumably well-equipped city guard scrambling, massive amounts of magic ore, magic plants, etc. support this idea anyway. It certainly was enough of an aura to be felt for many miles if the scene with the guild master is anything to go by.

Most people seem incapable of realising the threat themselves, but a few like the king or some intelligent monsters such as the goblins are attuned enough to understand that staying in the area is a bad idea.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Eliza posted:

Judging by what they said in the first episode, that everything is made of magicules, and that Veldora was apparently bleeding them like crazy for hundreds of years, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that his sheer presence just attracted/created tons of high level monsters - the things present in the cave like armorsaurs that sent the presumably well-equipped city guard scrambling, massive amounts of magic ore, magic plants, etc. support this idea anyway. It certainly was enough of an aura to be felt for many miles if the scene with the guild master is anything to go by.

This is my guess for why Rimuru has such insane amounts of magic. Veldora is still bleeding magicules, only now he's bleeding them into Rimuru's stomach.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Eliza posted:

Most people seem incapable of realising the threat themselves, but a few like the king or some intelligent monsters such as the goblins are attuned enough to understand that staying in the area is a bad idea.

That doesn't really line up with the goblins living there though, since the impression seemed to be that they had been living a pretty comfy life in the forest until Veldora went poof and the direwolves called open season on goblins. There was clearly some selectivity to it? If the are was just full of elite monsters 24/7 it would seem like the goblins would live anywhere except where they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Conot posted:

That doesn't really line up with the goblins living there though, since the impression seemed to be that they had been living a pretty comfy life in the forest until Veldora went poof and the direwolves called open season on goblins. There was clearly some selectivity to it? If the are was just full of elite monsters 24/7 it would seem like the goblins would live anywhere except where they did.

Did they not worship Veldora? It's likely he protected them, that was known among the other monsters, and nobody wants to gently caress with Veldora's chosen.