Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Ytlaya posted:

edit: basically nerdy groups are surprisingly clique-ish, sometimes to an extent even greater than the "popular kids"

NORMIES but yeah, nerds have a huge persecution complex because why yes, your interests are kinda weird, so there is over-compensation to kind of be the opposite of what they perceive as the norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Glagha posted:

People like Matsuri? I despised her the entire time and wished she'd stop showing up. Like the first thing she does is do some seriously hosed up blackmailing and manipulating and she gets off mostly scot free. She seemed like an awful person to me.

Matsuri is a trash bitch and that's why she rules.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's less that Matsuri herself is good than that people want to see Harumi own her more.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New Cheerful Amnesia.

I'm still of the opinion that Mari's mum absolutely knew but amused herself by playing dumb to see how deep Mari and Arisa could dig :laffo:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

matsuri is good because of the inherent realization that her actions were due to society giving her no tools for properly expressing lesbian attraction or her sexuality and the understanding that while the things she did were supremely hosed up, there isnt really a point in punishing her because itd just make her more resentful and force her out of the one group that might accept her, so instead she gets lightly owned with the understanding that she will continue to be owned until she stops being an rear end in a top hat. in conclusion, destroy capitalism.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

matsuri is good because of the inherent realization that her actions were due to society giving her no tools for properly expressing lesbian attraction or her sexuality and the understanding that while the things she did were supremely hosed up, there isnt really a point in punishing her because itd just make her more resentful and force her out of the one group that might accept her, so instead she gets lightly owned with the understanding that she will continue to be owned until she stops being an rear end in a top hat. in conclusion, destroy capitalism.
You have my axes.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Mikl posted:

New Cheerful Amnesia.

I'm still of the opinion that Mari's mum absolutely knew but amused herself by playing dumb to see how deep Mari and Arisa could dig :laffo:

so they still haven't hosed?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Endorph posted:

I think the way she treats Mei alone is enough to put her in the "never speak to me again" zone, and after she mellows out it still seems like I have no idea why anyone would put up with her. I hope she's resentful and leaves forever because why would anyone want to be around her.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

DisDisDis posted:

so they still haven't hosed?

Not that Arisa can remember!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The amnesia gimmick was funny for a few chapters but it's incredibly boring now, especially since she's supposed to have regained her memory.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I like Matsuri because I find her capacious, trollish personality to be cute. I dated a girl like that once, and it was probably one of my better relationships. :shrug:

Glagha posted:

People like Matsuri? I despised her the entire time and wished she'd stop showing up. Like the first thing she does is do some seriously hosed up blackmailing and manipulating and she gets off mostly scot free. She seemed like an awful person to me.

Edit: Harumi is a good girl though

Edit2: to be fair I don't think I liked Citrus very much in general but mostly just because I didn't like Mei. Not to say I don't appreciate her at all because I feel like Citrus does do to effort to show why she is the way she is but for a character whose most visible character traits are forcing uncomfortable/nonconsensual intimate situations on people, hostility and the silent treatment, it's really hard to sympathize with her for a while/ever.

I totally agree. My biggest problem with Citrus is Mei sucked the life out of every scene she was in.

Glagha posted:

I think the way she treats Mei alone is enough to put her in the "never speak to me again" zone, and after she mellows out it still seems like I have no idea why anyone would put up with her. I hope she's resentful and leaves forever because why would anyone want to be around her.

By all signs Yuzu still likes her and Harumi seems to at least be interested in her, if not romantically. (As opposed to Matsuri blatantly having a thing for Harumi)

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 7, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm gonna re-read myself some loving Skip Beat! hell yeah it's been years

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Terper posted:

you probably have like 5 chapters you haven't read yet

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hell yeah

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Terper posted:

Holy poo poo it's still ongoing?

About 4 years ago I voraciously read the first ~180 chapters. Then the author introduced some edgy vampire(?) dude and I got distracted by other manga. Kyouko is easily my favorite shoujo protagonist.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I've still been keeping up with Skip Beat, but it's definitely gone on far too long.

It does get released and translated regularly every month though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Glagha posted:

because corporate fatcats are the only people that benefit when the proletariat infight

also i didnt like mei much at the start but she turned things around towards the end, and i think her being so standoffish at the start made the scenes where her and yuzu actually bonded really impactful

of course you gotta give it some initial buy-in of 'why would yuzu keep trying' but eh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I could never really get past that buy-in myself with Citrus, which is really a shame. I loved Yuzu and wanted to root for her, but Mei and really most of the supporting characters not named Harumi kind of wore at my patience.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I remember reading Skip Beat and then falling off at some point after they started filming the movie about the evil mom? I don't remember why.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Oh my god, this loving chapter.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I want to make you cry updated.

The dark origin of delinquent girl is finally revealed.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Bakarina is so good: :allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

gmq posted:

Bakarina is so good: :allears:

The crime of having a field at a fancy school is v heinous.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Delinquent girl cries at animal movies for preschoolers and that is extremely good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
skip beat started well but eventually it seemed like every arc was about how the awesome independent mc should stop being awesome and independent.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

incredible. absolutely incredible

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chumbler posted:

Delinquent girl cries at animal movies for preschoolers and that is extremely good.

She is a kind soul.
Unlike that fiend.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lemon-Lime posted:

Snooze Cruise posted:

Powerful images.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

In an otome game isekai you either die a villain or live long enough to see yourself become a heroine.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I wish I could just link this entire chapter in the thread.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Bakarina is the densest and i love her for it

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

So close, and yet so far.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

skip beat started well but eventually it seemed like every arc was about how the awesome independent mc should stop being awesome and independent.

It has that problem that I found with the major shounen titles had (like Bleach and Naruto for instance) which is introducing too many unnecessary plot threads and suddenly more characters. That said, the core of the premise is still there to be fair, but it's just been dragging itself out way too long for me to really care anymore.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Heh, I just rewatched the skip beat anime this weekend. Just got the urge to watch it suddenly and it's still great.

Yeah, Kyoko is the best.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vorpal Cat posted:

So close, and yet so far.

She's not "Bakarina" for nothing. :mmmhmm:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
*sips coffee*

more good butch bullying

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

The cute eldritch horror romance manga updated. It is such a shame that it is monthly. I just really like the weird situations in this manga and would like to read more of it.

Chapter 6

EDIT: I really like how the vagrant's body forms question marks in the very last panel. It makes it one of my favorite panels.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 9, 2018

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I need more of this
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/harem_manga_protagonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

There's this other standalone image but besides that not sure if there's anymore https://dynasty-scans.com/images/10333