Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Strange Matter posted:

That was a dumb finale but still super glad that Rahul won. I'm guessing this is the new normal going forward where the showstopper, instead of being based around creating a fantasticly beautiful, you know, baked item, will instead be about building dumb gimmicky creations that nobody would ever actual want to eat.

Gone are the days of the showstopping Charlotte Russe or Black Forest Gateau.

Pretty much the reason I stopped watching it, was going that way before it left the BBC as well I thought. It also annoyed me how they started making the technicals needlessly confusing and then gloating about how they had the most challenging one yet (until the next week!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Lemon posted:

I've never liked Rhod Gilbert in anything before Taskmaster, but after watching this series I've turned around on him a bit because he was very funny and quite clearly actually deranged.

He totally reminds me of that shady guy who is a pub local and always has money despite not appearing to have a job.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JkiFuXrvHg

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Is anyone else watching celebrity hunted, and is a little weirded out by how much Kay burley is flirting with the MP?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Is there a decent way to keep up with what’s coming up on UK tv? I used to cast a cursory glance at my mum’s Radio Times when I was looking after her but since she died I’m not paying for that poo poo. I had no idea Celebrity Hunted was back, for instance.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

Is there a decent way to keep up with what’s coming up on UK tv? I used to cast a cursory glance at my mum’s Radio Times when I was looking after her but since she died I’m not paying for that poo poo. I had no idea Celebrity Hunted was back, for instance.
One site that keeps track of when shows are appearing:
https://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

As well as that, trakt.tv is great for keeping up with shows you're already watching.
Pair it with SeriesGuide (android, iOS versions exist I assume) and you'll get a notification before any new episode airs.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pablo Bluth posted:

One site that keeps track of when shows are appearing:
https://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

Oh yay, Outlander season 4!

Don’t judge. It’s a good show.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

SEX BURRITO posted:

Oh yay, Outlander season 4!

Don’t judge. It’s a good show.
I watched the first season when it made it to More4. By the time my VM Tivo had built up some of S2 I realised it was too low down my TV backlog to ever get watched so I brutally deleted it all and cancelled the series link.

Turns out Ms Balfe getting her breasts out just wasn't enough.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Season one was absolutely brilliant. The rest has been a mixed bag in my opinion.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/davechannel/status/1057973033992765441

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This series of TM has been excellent.
I was indifferent to Rhod before this, but he's the only one to have thrown himself into TM for a few series now.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

It wasn;t even a satsuma! He himself called it a tangerine!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Another identify a show query.

It was in the past couple of years on the BBC.

A panel show with a more radio style format where comedians discuss the news. Wasn't a game show. Had a yellow and black logo.

drat sure that I posted about it in this thread, but having searched my posts, not finding the name. :(

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Have I Got News for You?

BlueHeron
Feb 20, 2015
No Such Thing as the News.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

BlueHeron posted:

No Such Thing as the News.

Thank you.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pablo Bluth posted:

I watched the first season when it made it to More4. By the time my VM Tivo had built up some of S2 I realised it was too low down my TV backlog to ever get watched so I brutally deleted it all and cancelled the series link.

Turns out Ms Balfe getting her breasts out just wasn't enough.

They’re pretty good breasts. But I get what you’re saying. There’s almost too much good TV around. Getting put on semi bed rest was the only reason I got round to watching it all.

Sri.Theo posted:

Season one was absolutely brilliant. The rest has been a mixed bag in my opinion.

The back half of season three was dreadful. I’m worried about the new season because it’s set in America so they’re going to have to tackle slavery again and it’s probably going to be cringeworthy.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

SEX BURRITO posted:

TThere’s almost too much good TV around.
That's an understatement. I barely manage to scratch the surface of the stuff I add to my watchlist on Netflix/Amazon/etc.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Reddit says Taskmaster 8 is set for May, lineup to be announced during or after the final.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I saw a coke advert last night. they really are getting early

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
How long has Would I lie to you been guested by reality tv show types, are they perhaps cheaper than the standups they used to stuff panel shows w/.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Mr. Squishy posted:

How long has Would I lie to you been guested by reality tv show types, are they perhaps cheaper than the standups they used to stuff panel shows w/.

Avalon/Off The Kerb not stacking that one, then?

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'

McDragon posted:

I saw a coke advert last night. they really are getting early

Are you sure it wasn't the kevin the carrot ad & you blanked it out as you saw the truck, as that's exactly what I did

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kurupt FM smashing our airwaves again next week, any sign that it might be on iPlayer early this year?

Shame it's the last series, I hope they resolve the poo poo that went down with Steves etc from the end of last season quickly like they did with coked up Grindah. Was really worried that plot was going to get run into the ground but they dealt with it well.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

thehustler posted:

Avalon/Off The Kerb not stacking that one, then?

They've not got the option to shoehorn in some of their old material. It's a different sell.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Watched the inside number 9. Maybe because I'd been spoiled in here about the tech stuff it really fell flat and seemed like a gimmick that went on for faaaaar too long.

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010
Did anyone catch Louis Theroux's Altered States? It's on iPlayer, and like all his stuff it's worth watching. He interviews some poly couples in America, and it's the expected low intensity car crash. It's great how he is able to address the elephant in the room and pierce the mask with a simple straight question without being confrontational.

It had one of the most depressing moments I've ever seen when some bloke with his wife was saying how he would like to join his wife and her lover for a threesome. He was desperate and practically begging for it. Louis asked her what she thought; the best response she could muster was that she has never thought about it. He then said that he would be happy just to watch the two together without taking part, and she literally laughed and said no. Louis then asked if he was was happy. He of course said yes, but you could see his soul whimpering inside.

Good television.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Austen Tassletine posted:

Did anyone catch Louis Theroux's Altered States? It's on iPlayer, and like all his stuff it's worth watching. He interviews some poly couples in America, and it's the expected low intensity car crash. It's great how he is able to address the elephant in the room and pierce the mask with a simple straight question without being confrontational.

It had one of the most depressing moments I've ever seen when some bloke with his wife was saying how he would like to join his wife and her lover for a threesome. He was desperate and practically begging for it. Louis asked her what she thought; the best response she could muster was that she has never thought about it. He then said that he would be happy just to watch the two together without taking part, and she literally laughed and said no. Louis then asked if he was was happy. He of course said yes, but you could see his soul whimpering inside.

Good television.

Yeah I just watched it. Really cathartic end to having read through the poly thread in e/n the other night. lol. The younger people didn't seem that hosed up, but what is glorious is realising they are bound to be even more hosed up than the older people by the time they get there.

But the kids. Very sad. Not that it needed it, but the two shots of the i dunno 12 year old daughter sticking her tongue out and shutting her eyes in disgust whilst her dad snogs some selfish old sex bint versus her genuine happiness at his worthless fatass kissing her actual mum was... i dunno powerful.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

selfish old sex bint

Strong username

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
It seems most men go along with it because they don’t want to lose their partner.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SpecialF posted:

Are you sure it wasn't the kevin the carrot ad & you blanked it out as you saw the truck, as that's exactly what I did

Ha, the very same.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

It's Taskmaster time...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Would appreciate if they announce next series' at the end of the episode if someone could post/spoiler tag them here. Looking forward to watching the finale tonight, Acaster hyped it good on Twitter.

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
No TM s8 celebs announced post-show. Dave is too preoccupied with zapped :(

Strong finish to the series though, Rhods' computer game was genius

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

thehustler posted:

It seems most men go along with it because they don’t want to lose their partner.

I've always wondered how medical insurance affects divorce and unhappy marriages in the US.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

selfish old sex bint

...who is a therapist?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I wish they could find something good for even one of the Inbetweeners.

Guess we need to watch Twitter for the S8 contestants. Suspected Kerry would win for the last few episodes but not that it would be so close.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

If anyone noticed when the tickets become available can they post in here.

I'm signed up to several mailing lists but always seem to miss them.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Austen Tassletine posted:

Good television.

I felt so sorry for Jerry. Gretchen didn't seem to care and Heidi and [other man] were living it up.
It did seem in each one that it was just revolving around the man trying to keep their partner. It'd be interesting to have seen at least one when it was the man with two women, change the dynamic a bit.

The thruple was maybe the strangest bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

BizarroAzrael posted:

I wish they could find something good for even one of the Inbetweeners.

Friday Night Dinner is pretty good. As is Fresh Meat.