Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

In this analogy, who is the manifesetly un-electable Liberal leader who gets chosen anyway, in a spectacular display of suicidal hubris?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Who is our trump?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

flakeloaf posted:

In this analogy, who is the manifesetly un-electable Liberal leader who gets chosen anyway, in a spectacular display of suicidal hubris?

Shhhh, Ignatieff will hear you.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

Since we don't have term limits, it'll be a deeply unpopular Trudeau going for his third term out of hubris

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I wonder if the NDP getting stomped next Federal election would get them to go back to the left a bit more, Probably not but a man can dream.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

littleorv posted:

I wonder if the NDP getting stomped next Federal election would get them to go back to the left a bit more, Probably not but a man can dream.

you could find this post somewhere before every election since the dawn of this country

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

you could find this post somewhere before every election since the dawn of this country

Let me dream!!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

littleorv posted:

No, the NDP has a one-track mind. It goes like this:

Did we lose the election? Yes.

Who won the election? A party to the right of us.

Therefore, to get more votes, we have to be further to the right.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

DariusLikewise posted:

Who is our trump?

O'Leary was pretty close, maybe he'll have a resurgence.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

O'Leary was pretty close, maybe he'll have a resurgence.

the most damage oleary will do is if he wins his lawsuit against the government and it allows for uncapped donations for political parties

combine that with all these "non-partisan" interest groups(ontario proud) and voter id laws that keep coming up conservatives can legislate their way into easy victories

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

O'Leary was pretty close

And then he endorsed a racist.

oh dear that's not hurting him is it

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/1062787979037605890

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE DOCTORS AND SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

DariusLikewise posted:

Who is our trump?

The racist who said this

quote:

"I've spoken with a number of chiefs who said, 'You know, we need a youth centre … You know, we need TVs and lounges and sofas so they can hang around.' And when a chief says that to me, I pretty much know they haven't actually talked to their young people," Trudeau said.

"Because most of the young people I've talked to want a place to store their canoes and paddles so they can connect back out on the land."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
never let that quote die

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
remember when he got mad because the labour youth congress shouted at him lol

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/cbcpolitics/status/1062831071585284096?s=21

I’m 99% convinced that O’Leary only ran so he could do this

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
what's jagmeet even up to these days

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
christ alive that article starts off hot

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

how the gently caress does a political campaign rack up 2 million in debt in like 3 weeks

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

DariusLikewise posted:

how the gently caress does a political campaign rack up 2 million in debt in like 3 weeks

run it like a business

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pokeyman posted:

run it like a business

yes, well, have you seen o'leary's other businesses?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

infernal machines posted:

yes, well, have you seen o'leary's other businesses?

that’s the pattern I was matching to come up with my guess!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

extremely smart guy here

https://twitter.com/geswolfcrest/status/1058041481833996288?s=21

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/russiaun/status/1063133548666871809?s=21

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

neo-fascists teach school kids about vikings in quebec

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
really puts this music video in perspective

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Haha the US voted against it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

McGavin posted:

Haha the US voted against it.

And we abstained

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

infernal machines posted:

And we abstained

So did Germany. :godwinning:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

JohnnyC posted:

what's jagmeet even up to these days

same but svend robinson

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
looks like basically everyone in europe abstained, i wonder what the full text of the resolution was

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The abstentions are all NATO countries aren't they? Other than America

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Those votes against tho

Some of the absent votes are a little confusing though.

US and Ukraine could've voted against due to anti-Russia sentiment, pro-Nazi sentiment or both. Not sure which is worst.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tabarnak.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mais oui

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
A few months ago, coming back from my mom's cottage in Saint-Donat (I'm poor but my mom's doing ok), I saw "gently caress la Meute" written on some big rocks from the glacial era by the road.

I wish I could have taken a picture. :unsmith:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

can we stop selling jeeps with guns to this guy now?

https://twitter.com/shaneharris/status/1063570954431930369?s=21

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DariusLikewise posted:

can we stop selling jeeps with guns to this guy now?

uhhh what about contracts or something, it's still the conservatives fault even though they haven't been in charge for 3 years you guys there's just nothing we can do about it.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

It'll be too expensive to back out of the contract, and we'd lose cushy middle class jobs. The only solution is to buy out the entirety of the contract and then proceed to do nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If we're not gonna sell any more to the Saudis anyway, and the break fee is too high, let's supply the Yemenis too. Ideally for more hot armsdealing cash and jobs!