Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Special effects by Billy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TL posted:

Special effects by Billy.

Don’t get me wrong, there are some great laughs in it, but there are huge dead parts that made me lose the perpetual smile I usually have when watching MST3K.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

ratbert90 posted:

Don’t get me wrong, there are some great laughs in it, but there are huge dead parts that made me lose the perpetual smile I usually have when watching MST3K.

What you might need is a little Secret Agent Super Dragon.

Also death rays are for peaceful purposes only.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cemetry Gator posted:

It's quiet on this side of the tub.

The Ty-D-Bowl man is doing all right for himself

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

Also death rays are for peaceful purposes only.

I hope my death ray has not been the cause of all this... :ohdear:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I do kinda agree, there's a few bits of :effort: through the movie, but I can forgive it for how strong some of the parts are- the submarine scene, the death ray only built for peaceful purposes, Abe Lincoln IS Time Cop, and the bit that sold it to my mates, when the half-naked artist woman becomes involved-

"We're looking for a man" "Are you him?"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I WANT JEFFERSON DAVIS DEAD!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

What was the movie tacked onto the beginning and end of Cave Dwellers?

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

I keep watching the trailer for the gauntlet and when Kinga says "FLUSH THEM THE MOVIE!" in that completely power-mad way, I just lose it.

I watched Cave Dwellers as the prequel...er, sequel... to Ator?

I got lost in what were flashbacks from Ator and what was Cave Dwellers. Also surprised it wasn't a caveman movie.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Taur, the Mighty.
A 1963 Italian production.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Target is selling a Lupita book and doll combo for Christmas, it's tempting to buy to see if it has all the children of the world in possibly politically incorrect garb.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Hogama posted:

Taur, the Mighty.
A 1963 Italian production.

I'm guessing there's something very problematic in it, otherwise we would have gotten a riff of it (like we did Galaxy Invaders)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And apparently The Pod People's unrelated movie was 'The Galaxy Invader.' Better known as The Swamp Thing versus The Sweet Thing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Galaxy Invader is actually like

A few steps away from being a genuinely good movie?

Because the twist is that the alien is NOT the bad guy of the film, it's the lovely drunk incesty dad character

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

And apparently The Pod People's unrelated movie was 'The Galaxy Invader.' Better known as The Swamp Thing versus The Sweet Thing.

Directed by Red Letter Media favorite - Don Dohler. He makes the same movie every few years. Some day, he will get it right.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
^^^ :argh:

Dawgstar posted:

yeah, don dohler films are pretty great and i'm a bit sad mst3k never did one. you'd only have to do one though, as they're all about rednecks chasing monsters around in the woods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geK_EvPFzao

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Galaxy Invader is actually like

A few steps away from being a genuinely good movie?

Because the twist is that the alien is NOT the bad guy of the film, it's the lovely drunk incesty dad character

dohler wasn't your average b-movie hack. he knew what he was doing. he was like roger corman in that he had a love for outsider cinema

young dohler was involved in the alternative comix scene and started his own magazine, WILD, which got contributions from big names like art spiegelman and r crumb

he's closer to a slasher/horror john waters than someone like david prior

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Cinematic Titanic did Alien Factor, another Dohler film

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Jet Jaguar posted:

With intrigue ;-*

I'm kinda jealous of all the people whose families are dead or estranged because I've never been able to watch a Turkey Day Marathon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Cinematic Titanic did Alien Factor, another Dohler film

I was a not very key grip on Alien Factor when I still lived in Baltimore. It was ridiculously fun..

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

CapnBry posted:

With intrigue ;-*

I'm kinda jealous of all the people whose families are dead or estranged because I've never been able to watch a Turkey Day Marathon.

Well there's something you can do about that, you know.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I was a not very key grip on Alien Factor when I still lived in Baltimore. It was ridiculously fun..

Do tell

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rifftrax did Galaxy Invader

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

CapnBry posted:

With intrigue ;-*

The Shout Factory marathon is early this year. So you can pretend it's Thanksgiving and watch that on Sunday.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Here's a fun game: try to picture the movies as the directors were clearly shooting for (and missed spectacularly).

So Future War but it's actually Van Damme and he's fighting Schwarzenegger and JP-quality velociraptors. Or Final Sacrifice only now it's Charles Bronson fist-fighting Tim Curry in a cyclopean ruin.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

so starcrash = star wars
pod people = e.t.
eegah = ...encino man???

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Future War is so great. RIP all those empty cardboard boxes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Antiquated Pants posted:

I watched Cave Dwellers as the prequel...er, sequel... to Ator?
Yes, Cave Dwellers (technically "The Blade Master") was a sequel.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Manos: Hands of Fate - A film by David Lynch

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I still say remake Santa Claus Conquers the Martians with Tenacious D. Kyle as Santa and Jack as Dropo.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Another Bill posted:

Future War is so great. RIP all those empty cardboard boxes.

It's not the future, and there isn't a war, but you know me, I don't like to complain.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Recently saw a RiffTrax on the Twitch channel, reminded by the talk of Galaxy Invader. It's called Alien Outlaw and is about a group of aliens who essentially come to Earth for reasons mostly related to petty vandalism, theft and sometimes murder. It stars Lash LaRue who is apparently quite talented with a whip but doesn't use one in the run-time of the film. Our heroine does an old-timey Wild West trick-shooting show thing, I think, and leads a band of scrappy North Carolinians against said alien outlaws.

Features one of the most remarkable scenes in cinema. There's a portly fellow who works with Lash's character at his farm, and introduces himself as 'Luger.' The heroine asks 'your name is Luger?' Luger responds: "It sure as hell ain't 'Breadfruit!'" I think it's up there with 'Everybody got AIDS and poo poo!"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Failson posted:

Directed by Red Letter Media favorite - Don Dohler. He makes the same movie every few years. Some day, he will get it right.

Makes you wonder what we would have gotten if Coleman Francis had the same approach and didn't stop after three movies. What sort of depraved, depressing films were we, as a people, robbed of? How many more scenes of vigilantes firing on people and monsters from small aircraft could we have had?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fowl posted:

Makes you wonder what we would have gotten if Coleman Francis had the same approach and didn't stop after three movies. What sort of depraved, depressing films were we, as a people, robbed of? How many more scenes of vigilantes firing on people and monsters from small aircraft could we have had?

How many more women could he have forced into a ra

You know what never mind, I think it's well enough that he stopped at 3

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I almost got my cousin to name her son Coleman Francis, but she didn't listen to me.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

SirPhoebos posted:

Here's a fun game: try to picture the movies as the directors were clearly shooting for (and missed spectacularly).

So Future War but it's actually Van Damme and he's fighting Schwarzenegger and JP-quality velociraptors. Or Final Sacrifice only now it's Charles Bronson fist-fighting Tim Curry in a cyclopean ruin.

Laserblast ends up exactly the same way no matter what.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/kwmurphy/status/1063454895938945027

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SirPhoebos posted:

I want to think that every Burt I. Gordon movie came out exactly as intended. Cheap but charming knockoff of some other, better movie? Yup. Nailed it!

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'm pretty sure the 90's Gamera trilogy and Gamera the Brave are already what the 60's movies were trying to be.

I love Gamera the Brave because it takes the "Gamera is a friend to all children" theme of the original series straight to its logical conclusion: Gamera as E.T.

Keromaru5 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

MST3K at SF Sketchfest 2019:

The Mads Are Back! at Gateway Theatre on Saturday, January 19 @ 10:30pm

RiffTrax: Day of The Shorts at Castro Theatre on Sunday, January 20 @ 4:00pm

Tickets on sale at 11/18 10am.