Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, the Bryan and Dave dynamic is fantastic to listen to. Garrett's fine and I don't mind hearing him and Dave do shows, but I'm glad it's not cutting into Bryan/Dave time.

Also bring back Sin Limite!
Bryan and Dave is always good, but when they record an episode live together at Wrestlemania weekend or something, both probably half drunk and running on like 5 hours sleep in the last 3 days, it’s magical :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have a weird thing with Dave where I love almost everything about him but the way he talks and goes about conversations makes it physically incapable for me to listen to him for more than a few minutes at a time. I would probably be a lot crazier than Bryan is if I was in his position and just taking full force Dave for hours on end

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dave's best moment was interviewing Daniel Bryan and then just forcing Bryan to instead have a conversation on the G1 Climax instead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

Dave's best moment was interviewing Daniel Bryan and then just forcing Bryan to instead have a conversation on the G1 Climax instead.

"forcing"

Bryan being so loving excited to talk about G1 and Shinsuke Nakamura was so :3:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

Holy poo poo when was this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

Holy poo poo when was this.

2014 or 2015 from memory, it would have been July or August. Dave was at some event involving WWE wrestlers (not a WWE event from memory, which meant he was able to be there) and he started to ask Bryan questions, and Bryan was doing the usual diplomatic responses till Dave said,"You been watching the G1?" and Bryan just lights up and gets all excited and starts going on about it.

This might have been the same event where Steve Austin spots Dave and gets really excited to see him?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 27, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think the Austin thing was the WWE Network announcement but I’m not sure

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

Bryan and Dave is always good, but when they record an episode live together at Wrestlemania weekend or something, both probably half drunk and running on like 5 hours sleep in the last 3 days, it’s magical :allears:

Dave rarely drinks.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

2014 or 2015 from memory, it would have been July or August. Dave was at some event involving WWE wrestlers (not a WWE event from memory, which meant he was able to be there) and he started to ask Bryan questions, and Bryan was doing the usual diplomatic responses till Dave said,"You been watching the G1?" and Bryan just lights up and gets all excited and starts going on about it.

This might have been the same event where Steve Austin spots Dave and gets really excited to see him?

Oh my god I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMp93sXeZDI

This is so, so, so great.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Dave rarely drinks.
actually now I think of it Bryan almost never drinks either apart from the christmas show, so they’re both probably just wired from lack of sleep

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

Oh my god I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMp93sXeZDI

This is so, so, so great.

It's infectious how enthusiastic they both are, but Bryan just gushing about the likes of Suzuki and Nagata is wonderful.

Also love how he cuts himself off when saying,"I wish we were doing more stuff like th..." :allears:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I laughed so hard when Dave mused that maybe he had learned more from his parents than Larry. Uncontrollable cackling as I drove to work. I felt kind of bad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Sempervive/status/1067410252994363399

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shows what he knows talking down about next year's super bowl like that. :smug:

:smith:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh my god bryan is all hopped up on caffeine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's like a 4-year-old on sugar :lol:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
oh god this week is jushin liger and the tequila bottle

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Nitro segment of this latest B&V may be one of the absolute best of the entire year, holy gently caress :xd:

Apparently people down the street could hear Vinny's lamentations of despair.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1065776606722080768

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Y’all burying the lede that there’s a Test Is Dead joke

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Watching or listening to people with that low caffeine tolerance go into it again is always a good time and this did not disappoint. Craig asking Tony if he had any edibles to even Bryan out wasn't something i'd expect to hear from him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/1067778317921787906?s=19

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So is this the segment that killed WCW's relationship with New Japan? I can't remember if they did anything together after that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It was a mixture of that and Eric deciding to talk to All Japan about working together too

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

So is this the segment that killed WCW's relationship with New Japan? I can't remember if they did anything together after that.

pretty much

Muta shows up for a late summer through early fall run, but I don't know if he was under contract with NJPW at the time.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sad undercurrent is that if they'd simply just asked if Juvi could win clean with the idea of later dropping the belt back they could have had some fun matches. It's like Juvi is some Power Plant scrub. But Russo doesn't believe people from other countries can get over.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

WCW sent quite a few guys to the January 2000 dome show (including Savage's last significant match).

And Russo managed to piss them off again in TNA :downsbravo:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

WCW sent quite a few guys to the January 2000 dome show (including Savage's last significant match).

And Russo managed to piss them off again in TNA :downsbravo:

It was supposed to be Goldberg but he got injured doing some things, so NJPW wasn't happy about that either as Goldberg was a big deal to them.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

It was supposed to be Goldberg but he got injured doing some things, so NJPW wasn't happy about that either as Goldberg was a big deal to them.
It had Benoit's official NJPW heavyweight debut (and what ended up being his last NJPW match, too) in his loss to Tenzan, as well, but that obviously didn't go anywhere because he was in the WWF a few weeks later.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's loving hilarious how fast Russo Nitro has broken them. They spent a good chunk of 98 and 99 going "well Nitro wasn't that bad" and "Nitro was actually pretty good!" which made me wonder if I missed something, since that era is well-documented as WCW's slow decline. Then Russo shows up and it's instantly one of the worst wrestling shows of all time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

It's loving hilarious how fast Russo Nitro has broken them. They spent a good chunk of 98 and 99 going "well Nitro wasn't that bad" and "Nitro was actually pretty good!" which made me wonder if I missed something, since that era is well-documented as WCW's slow decline. Then Russo shows up and it's instantly one of the worst wrestling shows of all time.

to be fair like every show now has like what once was 3 shows worth of segments and angles crammed into one

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Russo defending tequila stuff on WOL about a week later. Really the whole episode is good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0VUXs19FBY&t=1661s

e: Brent in Seattle at 30:20 :vince:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
This year's Christmas Show will have Filthy & Lance in studio.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Russo defending tequila stuff on WOL about a week later. Really the whole episode is good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0VUXs19FBY&t=1661s

e: Brent in Seattle at 30:20 :vince:

Russo's own mic knows what to do whenever he talks.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

dsriggs posted:

This year's Christmas Show will have Filthy & Lance in studio.

Filthy is gonna murder poor vinny.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Okay, does anyone here have any idea about an episode of The Taz Show where apparently he buried Chattanooga indies? Specifically, he talked mad poo poo about TWE and that's the promotion I work for and I'm wanting to hear what he said since I'm pretty sure he's never been at any of our shows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave burying the Smackdown booking was great stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

98 and 99 nitros had enough of a fun undercard and weirdly funny poo poo going on that it made up for a lot of the Hulk Hogan/nWo nonsense(which was still oddly compelling). Russo just took all the good stuff and ruined it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This was such a good book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Dave burying the Smackdown booking was great stuff.

My favorite part of the latest WOR is how offended he was at the notion that Hogan/Goldberg was the most profitable event in WCW history :allears: