Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Didn't Nighteye give him like a year?

Manatee Cannon posted:

wasn't that specifically about someone killing him

The vision was that he would clash with a villain and meet a gruesome demise. Whether that encounter was supposed to be his fight with All for One or an encounter yet to come is unknown. Since Midoriya promised to help change fate, I think what's going to happen is that he saves All Might from dying horribly to some villain, only for All Might to later die peacefully surrounded by friends and loved ones. Then his ghost eventually pops up in Deku's head and they have a tearful reunion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Andrast posted:

Guess people really like girls with big tits being sad

Though honestly Momo should be cooler than she actually is. Her power is bonkers.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Momo is going to dropout so she can use her powers to smash capitalism.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Electric Phantasm posted:

"You know what, gently caress it." ::walks down Times Square raining gold doubloons from her body::

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

In the next match, Ashido and Uraraka should do all the work while Deku and Mineta stand back and talk about how cool they are.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

She has explicitly said she doesn’t want to do that though

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rhonne posted:

The vision was that he would clash with a villain and meet a gruesome demise. Whether that encounter was supposed to be his fight with All for One or an encounter yet to come is unknown. Since Midoriya promised to help change fate, I think what's going to happen is that he saves All Might from dying horribly to some villain, only for All Might to later die peacefully surrounded by friends and loved ones. Then his ghost eventually pops up in Deku's head and they have a tearful reunion.

This. I think it was mentioned before, but All For One even mentions he was going to kill All Might in a gruesome way during their fight. It might be a lot to read into a specific word, but that's what I got out of it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda hate Nighteye's prediction because all the foreshadowing early in the series was like All Might was going to just physically deteriorate from his injuries until he died, which is a way more affecting subplot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

what a cop

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Everything about Nighteye was just terrible and he should be completely forgotten about in the story. We could have had someone cool like the bunny lady and zero prophecies, the worst plot device in history, but no such luck.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheKingofSprings posted:

She's still in High School she can change.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I kinda hate Nighteye's prediction because all the foreshadowing early in the series was like All Might was going to just physically deteriorate from his injuries until he died, which is a way more affecting subplot.

I bet that, in the end, there will be no way to prevent All Might's death, only how he dies(murdered by Shigaraki vs peacefully dying in bed after years of wear and tear finally catch up to him)

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/kadeart/status/1070243109060018176?s=21

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought deku's tree hair was the best but I was wrong

he still has much to learn from all might

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rhonne posted:

I bet that, in the end, there will be no way to prevent All Might's death, only how he dies(murdered by Shigaraki vs peacefully dying in bed after years of wear and tear finally catch up to him)

Well sure, everyone dies eventually :v:

But will he die before the series is over? Probably. A fully solid image of All Might showing up in OFA-space is a pretty tempting thing to portray.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

She's a super rich bougie who is perfectly content with the status quo. She's the enemy, comrade.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ok, this is objectively superior version.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Well sure, everyone dies eventually :v:

But will he die before the series is over? Probably. A fully solid image of All Might showing up in OFA-space is a pretty tempting thing to portray.

Having it happen while Deku's in the OFA mind-space would be so good

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Will ghost All Might look like the All Might we all know, or will he look like young All Might from the movie?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I doubt Horikoshi can resist doing a All Might Ghost + Deku smash at some point.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
After watching the intro to the movie, I wanted the rest of the movie to also be young All Might jumping between skyscrapers and punching missiles.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shere posted:

After watching the intro to the movie, I wanted the rest of the movie to also be young All Might jumping between skyscrapers and punching missiles.

All Might: The College Years is definitely a spinoff I need to see.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Up on the roof there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

He was dressed all in spandex, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with blood on his boots;
A group of villains he had flung tied on on his back,
And he looked like a a number one hero right on the track,

A wink of his eye and a smile on his head
Soon gave me to know the villains had everything to dread

And I heard him exclaim as he jumped out of sight
"Go Beyond! Plus Ultra!!" yelled the number one hero All Might!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

All Might: The College Years is definitely a spinoff I need to see.

Apparently, there's going to be a bit of that on the Blu-ray.

And I think it's a thing for Momo that she has all this clear potential. She's a super genius with a power that's amazing if and only if you're a super genius, and she even got a filler episode (ignoring questions of quality there) that had her outwitting someone whose superpower is literally being a genius.

She's basically one good chapter away from being really cool, and there's something weirdly compelling about that, like rooting for a team that always chokes in the big game.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Momo could be Iron Man, but one that doesn't need to spend an entire nations GDP to make her armor. Just needs to spend time with Hatsume to find out how robotics work.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Momo could be Iron Man, but one that doesn't need to spend an entire nations GDP to make her armor. Just needs to spend time with Hatsume to find out how robotics work.

I wonder if, instead of popping out a suit and putting it on, she could create a fully formed suit around her body.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I'd think full body power armor would be a poor idea. It makes Momo worse at what only she can do to be better at something everyone can do.

Better to keep working on her shield reflex. She's shown that she can block pretty fast shots (like a punch from Mirio) before they hit, even from odd angles. If she keeps that up, she functionally has defenses without having to sacrifice her ability to produce emergency equipment like flashbangs.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

Apparently, there's going to be a bit of that on the Blu-ray.

And I think it's a thing for Momo that she has all this clear potential. She's a super genius with a power that's amazing if and only if you're a super genius, and she even got a filler episode (ignoring questions of quality there) that had her outwitting someone whose superpower is literally being a genius.

She's basically one good chapter away from being really cool, and there's something weirdly compelling about that, like rooting for a team that always chokes in the big game.

It’s like rooting for the Chargers...

No wonder I like Momo. I just love being disappointed.

Anyways, there’s no point bringing down the other girls in order to prop up another one. They all deserve to do more.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

She's still in High School she can change.

Yeah, and the destabilizing the economy stuff came off as excuses that were drilled into her as a child. Also, she said it as a defense, rather than her actual feelings. She's a sheltered rich girl who always wanted to go to a Don Quixote.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

She's a super rich bougie who is perfectly content with the status quo. She's the enemy, comrade.

you just know one of her ancestors had a lesser version of her power and didn't have those "morals" and totally fuckin made their family rich

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Elfgames posted:

you just know one of her ancestors had a lesser version of her power and didn't have those "morals" and totally fuckin made their family rich

I'm pretty sure if Momo had grown up super poor her family probably would have mysteriously stopped being poor at some point coincidentally around the time her quirk manifested.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I doubt Horikoshi can resist doing a All Might Ghost + Deku smash at some point.

I also can't wait for All Might to possess Deku's arm.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

I also can't wait for All Might to possess Deku's arm.

Liquid Might and Revolver Deku?

Does this mean All for One and Shigaraki are the true heroes of MHA?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

It's going to be a Deku + All the OfA ghosts Smash.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Liquid Might and Revolver Deku?

Does this mean All for One and Shigaraki are the true heroes of MHA?

I was actually aiming for Bionic Commando.

Rhonne posted:

It's going to be a Deku + All the OfA ghosts Smash.

'Gee Deku, why does your mom let you have eight Stands?'

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Six Detroit Smashes. Enough to kill anything that moves

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

With the way Deku keeps breaking his body apart, he's probably more likely to become Raiden than Ocelot.

"Recovery Girl, turn off my pain inhibitors!"

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Rhonne posted:

With the way Deku keeps breaking his body apart, he's probably more likely to become Raiden than Ocelot.

"Recovery Girl, turn off my pain inhibitors!"

"No."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

lowercase16 posted:

Yeah, and the destabilizing the economy stuff came off as excuses that were drilled into her as a child. Also, she said it as a defense, rather than her actual feelings. She's a sheltered rich girl who always wanted to go to a Don Quixote.
Momo go on chapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Fabricated posted:

Momo go on chapo

Momo abandons bourgeois state enforcer training to become a revolutionary Fortnite twitch streamer.