Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Beerus gradually acknowledging everyone by name at the ToP was very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The only way Beerus would learn someone's name is if they were either strong enough for him to notice/he was completely dependent on them for his life. I'm not sure if he really knows/cares to remember Shin, but we share a pathological hatred for the same kind of thing that turns up as Shin every now and again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I meant four but somehow I managed to mess up my count. Future son, present son, daughter and universe-counterpart son.

I thought you were counting Goten. Though Goku seems to have stepped up a bit with him.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Goku is giving goten the exact same, ordinary childhood he had. You wander around with your best friend and sometimes a T-Rex chases you.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Goten is basically Vegeta's estranged nephew. Kakarot sure as hell isn't going to be a father to him and the Trunks he and bulma actually created, not the weird time or multi-dimensional children he also has, seems to act basically like brothers so -what the poo poo, I guess the boring kakarot child is mine too? He wouldn't mind also having Gohan at this rate either, but Piccolo is his only true father.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I thought you were counting Goten. Though Goku seems to have stepped up a bit with him.

No one cares about Goten.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pacra posted:

what

did you not watch the incredibleness of every ToP scene with Roshi? They wrote him in really well

lol no they didn't. if it had just been his fight with harvey birdman, it would have been alright. that's not what they did tho

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i agree sexual assault is bad

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
After rewatching the bit, yeah, yeah they somehow did worse than usual with Roshi actively threatening a woman in his buff state that "Its your fault for what I'm about to do to you for getting me horny". No, that's not cool Super.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Tomorrow:

https://youtu.be/POctgTVdmtE
U L T R A I N S T I N T O

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Crabtree posted:

After rewatching the bit, yeah, yeah they somehow did worse than usual with Roshi actively threatening a woman in his buff state that "Its your fault for what I'm about to do to you for getting me horny". No, that's not cool Super.

He's been huffing that black water mist again.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

PSA for UK goons: Broly tickets are now available for booking, (in my area at least) it seems to be getting a very limited run so if you want to catch the film in the cinema you probably want to book sooner rather than later

Veotax
May 16, 2006

My local cinema only has two screenings! You really should book in advance if you want to see it!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
My local has 4 days right now but I don't know if there's gonna be a lot of competition for those tickets in this area, nor that we get as many as the UK gets in Yankee land.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a scattering of seats were already bought up in the weekend show so thanks for the heads up. just over a month to go...and then however long after that until i can watch a subbed version too

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Im gonna travel overseas to see this movie and I will loving like it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im learning japanese so i can watch it before the rest of you

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mi Cara Cuando Ultra Instinto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aw991XTOEI

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm in Korea atm and was seriously considering a detour flight.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

I just rewatched Goku and Frieza defeat Jiren again and man do I love that moment

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Beerus actually puts up with quite a lot from Bulma, especially the whole time travel kerfuffle.

Presumably because he is a cat, and she feeds him.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Beerus understands that Bulma will ruin his life more than he can hers. She is the cat owner that can turn even the fussiest bitch into a "decent" cato.

Also why does Latin American Beerus sound like some guy? Not that English beerus doesn't sound like some guy trying to be gravely than he actually is.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 12, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/YUUSLUG/status/1072653618422169605?s=19

quote:

Kale

Female Broly

Timid and introverted. Doesn't like to battle but hides a terrifying combat potential.

:v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Crabtree posted:

Beerus understands that Bulma will ruin his life more than he can hers. She is the cat owner that can turn even the fussiest bitch into a "decent" cato.

Also why does Latin American Beerus sound like some guy? Not that English beerus doesn't sound like some guy trying to be gravely than he actually is.

Because Beerus Bills is just some guy. Sure he's the personification of entropy and destruction manifested as a grumpy cat but he still puts his puffy pants on one leg at a time

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I dunno, I was expecting something more menacing. At least Whis, Zeno, Freeza and Grand Padre's voices are spot on.

But oh my god, why does Shin sound like that?! Shin isn't supposed to sound like a respectable 30 year old man, he's supposed to be some dumb wispy punk! What the hell, Spanish dub?!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Beerus actually puts up with quite a lot from Bulma, especially the whole time travel kerfuffle.

Presumably because he is a cat, and she feeds him.

Bulma is the strongest and Beerus knows not to mess with her too much.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

food for thought the ToP should have really held off on goku and vegeta actually going super saiyan blue intil far later. Make goku going all out the inciting incident that causes jiren to challenge him and replace goku and vegeta going ssjb to finish off u9 with them both going super saiyan 3(This arc's already full of fanservice so why not add some more). With that change you can then introduce the whole kale and caulifa plotline a bit more elegantly.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Bulma has always been the practical character there to ask questions like, "Why not make the Saiyan space pods change course and go into the sun?" It's why Future Trunks isn't a loving bonehead like his dad is.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Star Man posted:

Bulma has always been the practical character there to ask questions like, "Why not make the Saiyan space pods change course and go into the sun?" It's why Future Trunks isn't a loving bonehead like his dad is.

Reminder that Bulma's answer to Trunks telling everyone about the Androids three years before they attack was "hey, we could find Dr. Gero's lab and destroy it before any of that happens" and everyone else was very clear in how they would not do that because COOL FIGHTS (except Krillin, who instead gave the very good point of how, without the Androids, Vegeta would just do the job instead, and they could use the Androids for Vegeta to switch sides like Raditz did to Piccolo).

If people listened to Bulma more often, the Earth would be endangered a lot less.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Star Man posted:

Yeah, he's only half bone head because he still pissed in causalitiy's eye (with no other options available to him) and seriously believed Vegeta would do the right thing and Kill Cell when he had the chance.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i see dragon ball super on hulu is only available with the 40 dollar a month (!!!) subscription plan lol

really good strategy there funimation

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Relin posted:

i see dragon ball super on hulu is only available with the 40 dollar a month (!!!) subscription plan lol

the what? they have a what?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Relin posted:

This cannot be loving real lmao

e: okay, so it's like a live tv plan hulu offers, and that gets you CN, and That gets you Toonami to watch the DBS dub. Sasuga, Funi.

e: and on their own funi website? i think? idk, i clicked a video and told me to turn off my adblock, so lol

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 12, 2018

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it gets you live television channels, it's basically a cable package, you know the thing that streaming was supposed to replace but is now just becoming again lol

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
hahaha talking to my friend about this got him to cancel his hulu sub (also because he was watching a show but they only had episodes 6-10 and 1-5 had expired).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Relin posted:

hahaha talking to my friend about this got him to cancel his hulu sub (also because he was watching a show but they only had episodes 6-10 and 1-5 had expired).

:stare:

Man. We are about to go back to pre-netflix levels of piracy, huh? if not higher.

Hope it takes like a year for Dragon Ball Super 2 comes out, enough time for Funi to burn enough to let Crunchyroll in on it..

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean you can watch the entirety of Super on Funimations streaming service for 8 bucks a month.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm not paying for two anime streaming services, specially when I do 36 a year for Crunchy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well you do you I guess.

You ain’t gonna be watching Super tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Super is worth it IMO.