Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well you do you I guess.

You ain’t gonna be watching Super tho.

He probably is.

I can't get the dub legally anywhere but that isn't stopping me from watching it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

:stare:

Man. We are about to go back to pre-netflix levels of piracy, huh? if not higher.

Hope it takes like a year for Dragon Ball Super 2 comes out, enough time for Funi to burn enough to let Crunchyroll in on it..

Speaking of, CNLA took a brief break of a week or so from Super with no explanation as why, but there was a pretty big rumor making the rounds on social media that it was because they got fed up with so many people pirating the show.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you can watch the entirety of Super on Funimations streaming service for 8 bucks a month.
not dubbed. listening to old lady goku in 2018 lol

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Speaking of, CNLA took a brief break of a week or so from Super with no explanation as why, but there was a pretty big rumor making the rounds on social media that it was because they got fed up with so many people pirating the show.

If you're a Latin American service and you seriously get mad at piracy...well, you don't quite get the region you're working in. At all.

I'm more willing to believe the dubbing studio hosed up and didn't get the episodes in time though, since Super's dubbing has been oddly messy. Hopefully this won't affect Broly, since that's the one part of Super I'm definitely watching in LatAm Spanish.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Relin posted:

I assumed they wanted subs as as far as I’m aware crunchyroll doesn’t carry many dubs.

Otherwise I agree

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The Super dub on Funimation's service is current through the entirety of the Future Trunks stuff last time I looked. I keep a paid subscription for MHA, but its been on haitus and since the Crunchyroll split, I don't know where its going to land.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

If you're a Latin American service and you seriously get mad at piracy...well, you don't quite get the region you're working in. At all.

I'm more willing to believe the dubbing studio hosed up and didn't get the episodes in time though, since Super's dubbing has been oddly messy. Hopefully this won't affect Broly, since that's the one part of Super I'm definitely watching in LatAm Spanish.

If you want to believe Lalo Garza, Mario and Rene, the dub for Super is pretty much done and is just a matter of CN releasing it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Huh, I assumed that week off was just to hype up the Ultra Instinto episodes or something.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Funimation took their stuff from VRV so now im just going to pirate it

if you make it easy and somewhat affordable for me to watch your poo poo and give you money I will, if you don't then i wont

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Reminder that Bulma's answer to Trunks telling everyone about the Androids three years before they attack was "hey, we could find Dr. Gero's lab and destroy it before any of that happens" and everyone else was very clear in how they would not do that because COOL FIGHTS (except Krillin, who instead gave the very good point of how, without the Androids, Vegeta would just do the job instead, and they could use the Androids for Vegeta to switch sides like Raditz did to Piccolo).

If people listened to Bulma more often, the Earth would be endangered a lot less.

Without the androids Buu would have stomped, Also Imperfect Cell from the future if he came back would have stomped

Caros
May 14, 2008

Dexo posted:

Without the androids Buu would have stomped, Also Imperfect Cell from the future if he came back would have stomped

They only came to earth with buu because of gohan's power. If gohan doesn't have to punch a bug man, they probably don't want ever get the energy to ressurect buu.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Relin posted:

people do rip and upload the dubbed episodes

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Caros posted:

They only came to earth with buu because of gohan's power. If gohan doesn't have to punch a bug man, they probably don't want ever get the energy to ressurect buu.

They show up in future Trunk's timeline though?

Caros
May 14, 2008

dr.acula posted:

They show up in future Trunk's timeline though?

Oh, right. Forgot that is a thing now.

Uhhh... The future hates trunks?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Caros posted:

Actually, Buu's sphere was hidden and sealed on Earth. Neither Babidi nor Shin ever expected to find individuals like the saiyans on Earth and they were accordingly shocked to find that Gohan had more than enough energy to awaken Buu.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Caros posted:

Oh, right. Forgot that is a thing now.

Uhhh... The future hates trunks?

Future Trunks took care of Buu though. Like it never became a serious problem because he just killed Babidi before Buu got enough energy to awaken? Am I remembering that explanation right?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Future Trunks took care of Buu though. Like it never became a serious problem because he just killed Babidi before Buu got enough energy to awaken? Am I remembering that explanation right?

Pretty much, yeah. No bullshitting or games, just zoom in, stab-stab-stab, arc done.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shin died.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So TFS are doing the top 12 best fights of DB Cember.

I swear to God if 17, Freeza, and Goku VS Jiren doesn't make it to the top 3, none of them have a soul. It's seriously one of *THE* best fights in all of Dragon Ball.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

I swear to God if 17, Freeza, and Goku VS Jiren doesn't make it to the top 3, none of them have a soul. It's seriously one of *THE* best fights in all of Dragon Ball.

Super didn't have as many animation highlights as a series like Dragon Ball deserves, but goddamn if the end of the TOP wasn't one of 'em.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Kild posted:

Shin died.

So Future Trunks completely took care of the problem, no Beerus even.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

TFS apparently really hates Super so I doubt it'll get there. Like on some of their gaming streams you hear them talking about how they didn't even finish watching the ToP.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They do like the final fight but yeah I wouldnt expect it to be high considering their opinion on super as a whole

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
In other TFS news the final two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate Abridged came out but got nuked from youtube but are available on their twitch streamfourstar channel.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So if what I'm reading in more detailed spoilers is true, The Saiyans were half of Frieza's Army? I thought they were just like, a small merc band no bigger than 3,000 Saiyans on call. Barely a Legion of Frieza's Forces, but if almost every Saiyan on Vegeta was half of his army, it really makes Namik saga kind of pathetic because that was probably the bulk of Frieza's remaining Troops that got slaughtered by 2 Saiyans, a half blood pipsqueak, a baldie and a Namikian. Which makes the people that showed up with Frieza on Earth probably King Cold's men.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

TFS apparently really hates Super so I doubt it'll get there. Like on some of their gaming streams you hear them talking about how they didn't even finish watching the ToP.

TFS is dead to me.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

ImpAtom posted:

This is really disappointing. Still excited for their Buu saga though, after how good the last couple episodes of Cell were.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's still funny remembering TFS thought Zamasu was a bad villain because Toei had tried to make a morally conflicted, sympathetic villain and had made him a ridiculously hammy self-marrying narcissist by accident

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 13, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Zamasu was perfect because he was every self insert fan-fiction enemy down to successfully making himself immortal and unbeatable without some deus ex machina.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That really makes me question the nature of their fandom.. Maybe they're too connected at this point and have come to resent the thing that made them who they are.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Crabtree posted:

Zamasu was perfect because he was every self insert fan-fiction enemy down to successfully making himself immortal and unbeatable without some deus ex machina.

I like how yeah the Invincible immortal god still got clowned by Goku...'s weaker buddy Vegeta...'s failson before Goku got his best friend literally God to just wipe him out of existence

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 13, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

New Leaf posted:

That really makes me question the nature of their fandom.. Maybe they're too connected at this point and have come to resent the thing that made them who they are.

I mean they just could have a different opinion let’s not go crazy here.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it is pretty stupid to misread Zamasu as an attempt at some tragic Griffith-esque figure they accidentally hosed up into making a guy who does an evil hug to himself and says he doesn't mind if anyone's actually listening to his speeches because he just loves hearing himself talk

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

oh no, they have a wrong opinion

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm more bothered that Zamasu sees himself as a hero but doesn't even remotely act like one. It could've almost been interesting if he acted like he was trying to desperately do the right thing and the Z Fighters were the true evil in his path. Instead he just acted like literally every Dragon Ball villain ever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think it should come as a surprise to anyone that the people who make the thing you like might have differing opinions on what they like out of Dragon Ball.

And that is fine.

multijoe posted:

It's still funny remembering TFS thought Zamasu was a bad villain because Toei had tried to make a morally conflicted, sympathetic villain and had made him a ridiculously hammy self-marrying narcissist by accident

Yeah, it always came off a bit silly that was their reading on him when the dude is at one point hugging himself and even cries over how nice he thinks he is.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

CharlestheHammer posted:

They probably are tired of being Dragon Ball Joke dub guys and want to branch out into other things that are fully their own/be legit voice actors in the actual dubs for more than a callout. A little bit of the Spock affect.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheLoneStar posted:

I'm more bothered that Zamasu sees himself as a hero but doesn't even remotely act like one. It could've almost been interesting if he acted like he was trying to desperately do the right thing and the Z Fighters were the true evil in his path. Instead he just acted like literally every Dragon Ball villain ever.

That's exactly what he does though. He cries at how he's committing neccesary evils, he's very clear about how he's the one true justice making sacrifices for the world. To give direct examples, he never says that killing Gowasu was good, merely neccesary, and he's clearly very disturbed the first time he kills someone with that Babarian. He's clearly too far gone to realize he is in the wrong, but he's willing to admit he's doing evil for the sake of good, contrast to any other DB villain that's just fully happy with how evil they are and will happily tell you over and over again how Evil they are. Or Beerus, who just doesn't give a gently caress.

You're confusing the anime Zamasu with the manga Zamasu that was as generic of a villain as it gets.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Crabtree posted:

They probably are tired of being Dragon Ball Joke dub guys and want to branch out into other things that are fully their own/be legit voice actors in the actual dubs for more than a callout. A little bit of the Spock affect.

That's dumb, nothing wrong with being the dragon ball joke guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

That's dumb, nothing wrong with being the dragon ball joke guys

No, I'm saying they might be fed up with all the work they've had to do just to get to end of Cell and now people are asking if they're going to do Super. It's cool that they do it, but they might be getting sick of doing that.