Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

His Divine Shadow posted:

In Finland we have hot cooked lunches in schools and daycare. I remember actually quite fondly the food from junior grades 1-6, I went to a small rural school and the cook and a helper made the food in the local kitchen. No reheated lovely food from centralized kitchens. I think it's from here my hatred of centralization of people, political power, kitchens, everything, began.
palpatine-good.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
So uh, is L/C going to give in now that we might actually face a second election? Been seeing some noise about L being in dire straits financially, and with the latest kick in the nuts to Cs opinion polling, neither would stand to perform well.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You're forgetting that C is the only party with money to run an actual campaign this soon after an election.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Looking forward to seeing Alliansen coming up with a coherent regeringsförslag.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

zokie posted:

Looking forward to seeing Alliansen coming up with a coherent regeringsförslag.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
C seeing that poll has to have them concerned about nyval. I expect them to about face and cozy up to Uffe and SD.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Does the system even demand a nyval now that there's a budget?

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Katt posted:

Does the system even demand a nyval now that there's a budget?

After four failed rounds of statsministeromröstningar a new election have to be called within 3 months. Technically you could choose to never do all four votes and not having an election but that's probably bad for democracy.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Fader Movitz posted:

After four failed rounds of statsministeromröstningar a new election have to be called within 3 months. Technically you could choose to never do all four votes and not having an election but that's probably bad for democracy.

What's the count now and when was the last vote?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Dirk Pitt posted:

C seeing that poll has to have them concerned about nyval. I expect them to about face and cozy up to Uffe and SD.

Or rather start acting reasonable, Annie is not going to be statsminister no matter how much she wants it. She needs to realise that she became a media darling because they needed a face for Alliansen when they went after Batra-bot

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Katt posted:

What's the count now and when was the last vote?

2 votes have happened. Last one was last Wednesday I think.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

zokie posted:

Or rather start acting reasonable, Annie is not going to be statsminister no matter how much she wants it. She needs to realise that she became a media darling because they needed a face for Alliansen when they went after Batra-bot

Are Ayn Rand fanboys (who make it into government, I’m not talking about the C goons and people I know) really reasonable? I’ll continue to be pleasantly surprised that they haven’t cozied up to SD, but I fully expect all liberals to turn at any moment.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Looking at what their voters want Janne should cave first, but he promised his kid(s?) not to and as a fellow dad I'm going to have to hope he keeps that promise.

The choice they have is to either join Uffe, which I don't think is very likely, or abstain like with the budget and then keep on abstaining. But that's completely abdicating posts as riksdagsmän, and should lead to an absolute slaughter in 4 years.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
C and L are in a really bad spot. Their right-wing voters hate that the parties can't just swallow their pride and join an Alliance government with explicit SD support, and they also hate that they even considered joining an S government. Their left wing voters, on the other hand, would loving crucify them if they bent over and cooperated with the racists. There's no way they're coming out of this without losing a big chunk of voters, and that likely means slipping below the 4% limit.

If I were the brain trust within C or L, I'd grab any deal I could get to avoid a new election and just ride out the next four years.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yesterday Plague Island, pension cuts and criminalisation of 10-year-olds was put to vote, and all people could talk about was somebody getting triggered by "Den danske sang er en ung, blond pige" at CBS. Two years ago. The PM and Minster of Justice just had to comment on that most important of issues.

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?

Mr. Sunshine posted:

C and L are in a really bad spot. Their right-wing voters hate that the parties can't just swallow their pride and join an Alliance government with explicit SD support, and they also hate that they even considered joining an S government. Their left wing voters, on the other hand, would loving crucify them if they bent over and cooperated with the racists. There's no way they're coming out of this without losing a big chunk of voters, and that likely means slipping below the 4% limit.

If I were the brain trust within C or L, I'd grab any deal I could get to avoid a new election and just ride out the next four years.

I have a hard time seeing how they could come to any other decision than joining up with S (if they act rational that is.) Sure they stand to lose a few of their right leaning voters but they probably stand to gain a few voters from S who are more liberal-minded but can't support a party who will cooperate with M. If they join up with SD I have a hard time seeing them gaining any voters, because most people who support that wouldn't vote for them anyway if they aren't already.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SplitSoul posted:

Yesterday Plague Island, pension cuts and criminalisation of 10-year-olds was put to vote, and all people could talk about was somebody getting triggered by "Den danske sang er en ung, blond pige" at CBS. Two years ago. The PM and Minster of Justice just had to comment on that most important of issues.

And it's on the front page of several newspapers.

It's absolutely insane. Or not, it's obviously very deliberate.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Why does this kind of poo poo not automatically result in impeachment hearings? It's literally state-funded pre-election propaganda that doesn't even try to adhere to minimum standards for methodology. That the press runs with it should be no surprise.

https://www.facebook.com/steffen.groth.77/posts/10217261605483396

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Because no one has the non-gender-specific balls to do anything, because they don't actually care.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Cakebaker posted:

I have a hard time seeing how they could come to any other decision than joining up with S (if they act rational that is.) Sure they stand to lose a few of their right leaning voters but they probably stand to gain a few voters from S who are more liberal-minded but can't support a party who will cooperate with M. If they join up with SD I have a hard time seeing them gaining any voters, because most people who support that wouldn't vote for them anyway if they aren't already.

Well, it is obvious what happens when you join up with S, just ask MP, Fp and C, cause they all have experienced it.
Also, lol, at trying to get a working coalition consisting of S, MP, C and L that needs support (read: is extorted) from V. The train wreck we had during the last 4 years will be nothing in comparison to that.
One funny thing in the whole mess is that V really needs to make sure to extort as much as possible before agreeing to such a coalition, since once it have been accepted they have very little power unless they plan to vote on a M-KD budget supported by SD.

And as for SD, apparently one can put forward a budget that will be tolerated by SD without having actual negotiations with them. Which of course S knows, since they did it 2010, when they made a similar budget reservation as M-KD did now.

As for me, I am just happy to see one of my pre-election predictions coming true, which was to see the amount of poo poo (and shoes) that Annie Lööf would have to swallow.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
https://www.dn.se/nyheter/politik/lofven-beredd-att-kompromissa-om-arbetsratten/

I’m sitting here about to land in Newark and I get this push. Wtf.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Dirk Pitt posted:

https://www.dn.se/nyheter/politik/lofven-beredd-att-kompromissa-om-arbetsratten/

I’m sitting here about to land in Newark and I get this push. Wtf.

Being at Newark is punishment enough in it self without reading long interviews with politicians talking about the regering of their hearts

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SplitSoul posted:

After finally finishing out a completely insane work year, I walked down to our Christmas gløgg gathering yesterday, and the first thing I hear is five secretaries talking about how 'if they don't like our songs, why don't they just go home to heir own country?', 'what a hysterical cow' and 'are we not even allowed to sing a Danish song anymore?' and joking about someone should be careful because they were humming the tune of 'højt fra træets grønne top' that a birch or a fir tree might be offended . These are, unfortunately, pretty normal people - Denmark is completely lost.

The loving immigration/culture outrage machine just works so effectively. And as you say, the loving PM comments on this story and like half the politicians in Denmark, but no one says anything about how they doing more austerity measures in the new finance law, reducing public spending more than they originally intended, in yet another 'starve the beast' attempt. I mean, they're certainly getting there with the hospitals and social services, but who gives a poo poo, some dirty immigrant felt weird about a Danish song 2 years ago, journalist form up! Clear the headlines, get the cameras rolling, what does the PM think about this top story about immigrant CENSURSHIP!!!! of Danish values. Jesus loving, did someone see how efficient the 'baby it's cold outside' thing was at generating outrage and just replicate it here? Literally no one, who wasn't in a choir, knew that song before this, or gave a gently caress about it.

E: oh, and it's a real poo poo song too
Ee: obviously DR did an important background story with the guy who selects songs for the højskole book and he thought it was amazing (obviously) and was very sad that people wanted to get rid of it, which literally no one has wanted to. Except me, from now on.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 21, 2018

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Katt posted:

I told a former coworker about the new budget. Told him how union membership fees would no longer be tax deductible and his response was "good. It's not right that as an SD voter my money should go to the social democrats.

I tried to explain this was not how it worked at all and that he would now be paying additional tax that would go to the rich. He responded with a rant about how he voted Palme and liked the social democrats better then.

He also talked about how more people die from Traffic accidents in Afghanistan than from terror attacks and so it's ridiculous for people from there to claim asylum.

The next rant was about how the people who handle immigrants make billions every year and so it's no wonder that they push for more asylum seeker.

He then said that was was hypocritical for Sweden to accept refugees from Yemen when Sweden sells Saudi Arabia 200 billion kr worth of weapons every year.

That some big expensive dinner was hosted where dictators were invited but SD were excluded.

I wonder if I can track down what particular internet shithole he gets his news from based on his news flow. I accused him of picking up nazi news on facebook but he claims he got it all from Aftonbladet.

Update:

Apparently Lucia has been banned in schools this year to not offend Islamists

Child marriage was made illegal which means it must have been legal up until now. How on earth could child marriage have been legal

Schools no longer end the semester in church in order to appease Islamists.

The conversation went like this

:finland: Schools no longer end the semester in church in order to appease Islamists.

:ussr: Good. Children should be kept out of church to protect them from religious indoctrination

:finland: Yes but they did it because the Muslims

:ussr: Na they did it because Atheists like me made a fuss about it (probably a lie on my part but whatever lets ride this out)

:ussr: You yourself complain about the pingstvänner always bothering you. Surely you don't want the church to get a grip on your grandchildren

:finland: The church is not pingstvänner. Pingstvänner is a new thing. The church is err Luth... Luth

:ussr: Lutheran?

:finland: Yes!

:ussr: Sort of I guess.

:finland: And it's about tradition and not religion.

:ussr: The priest would probably disagree with you. It's still a Christian church and we should try to keep children out of there

:finland: Yes but that's not why the schools are banning it. They're doing it to appease the Muslims!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Katt posted:

Child marriage was made illegal which means it must have been legal up until now. How on earth could child marriage have been legal

It wasn't, but foreign underage marriages used to work like any other foreign civil agreement and were recognized here if they were legally entered into in the country of origin, unless it could be proven that one of the parties were under duress. Of course being married doesn't change any consent laws or anything like that, so as far as I understand it the legal difference is kinda pointless.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TheFluff posted:

It wasn't, but foreign underage marriages used to work like any other foreign civil agreement and were recognized here if they were legally entered into in the country of origin, unless it could be proven that one of the parties were under duress. Of course being married doesn't change any consent laws or anything like that, so as far as I understand it the legal difference is kinda pointless.

Or do like Inger Støjberg and cause suicide attempts when illegally separating refugee couples aged 17 and 19, but be sure not to draw any attention to your middle-aged party colleague who hosed a child and was allowed to run again for the party locally. Also be sure to insinuate that the opposition condones pedophilia when they correctly point out that having no means to appeal violates human rights.

And Danes harangue Americans over the Trump shitshow.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Dirk Pitt posted:

2 votes have happened. Last one was last Wednesday I think.

So at this rate we get a reelection in.... June?

Does the system have any failsafe to keep them from prolonging prime minister votes?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Katt posted:

So at this rate we get a reelection in.... June?

April actually at the latest if Norlen sticks to his self-imposed deadline.

And no, there are no rules to get out of the process short of changing Regeringsformen itself. The process will go on at the pace the Talman decides.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The Sweden and Jewish thing is about that thing at the hospital I guess?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Katt posted:

In 2016?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Those geniuses who tried to burn down a synagogue and manged to burn themselves and get caught perhaps? That could have been two years ago.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

how does that list not have jews as a target in hungary

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hey look which schmucks got new avatars for christmas. Again. :v:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

Hey look which schmucks got new avatars for christmas. Again. :v:

It's a Christmas miracle!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Katt posted:

It's about political parties and politicians, so it could be any of the explicitly nazi parties, or "accidental" anti-Jewish rhetoric by random SD politicians.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mooey Cow posted:

It's about political parties and politicians, so it could be any of the explicitly nazi parties, or "accidental" anti-Jewish rhetoric by random SD politicians.

Aren't SD notoriously pro-zionist?

They even want to move the Swedish embassy from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Katt posted:

it's really easy to be both pro-israel and antisemitic

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Katt posted:

Officially yes, but there are a lot of old nazis out there that get put on SD's election lists that haven't quite gotten the memo yet that they are supposed to act respectable now. Tbh, part of it is also a front to piss off the even-more-nazis so they can point to them and say "see, the real nazis hate us, we can't be that bad".

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
SD straddle the fault line between old racism (hating Jews) and new racism (hating Muslims) although the antisemitism is definitely more fringe and not an integral part of the party’s fabric, like islamophobia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
No they are genius level "the jews are using the muslims to destroy white nations" iirc.