Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

so Liam Neeson dies early or is the villain or is both, right?

the plot involves "a mole inside MIB" so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

This isn't clean and rad and powerful.

When I whip out my copy of Darkman on movie night.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

FoneBone posted:

the plot involves "a mole inside MIB" so...

so it's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Alien?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

DONT TOUCH THE PC posted:

so it's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Alien?

I am actually pretty good with that premise.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress is up with Elasti-Woman’s feet

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Why is Cyborg there? he does the same "I used to do cool stuff with my human but now I have a robot body" shtick as Robotman, but in a way less interesting way.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Why is Cyborg there? he does the same "I used to do cool stuff with my human but now I have a robot body" shtick as Robotman, but in a way less interesting way.

Maybe this is like the Teen Titans Go version who regards being part robot as totally rad.

The character was originally in Doom Patrol before Teen Titans and I suspect he will be in Titans season 2.

Taintrunner posted:

What the gently caress is up with Elasti-Woman’s feet

She has trouble maintaining her normal human form all the time.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Cyborg was created by Marv Wolfman for the New Teen Titans in the 80s.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Beast Boy was the Titan who debuted in Doom Patrol.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's easier to stick a few metal bits on a dude than paint a dude green.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
So far they're 0 for 2 on making live action Cyborg not look like rear end, so I'm beginning to wonder if it's even possible. Doesn't help that his poster is also the worst of the set.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Everyone gets a real poster except for Cyborg.

Must have been down to :59 of the last minute when they decided to add him.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thank u

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Gripweed posted:

Robotman and Cyborg already coexisted on the 00s Teen Titans show by having him be a bruiser a la The Thing or The Hulk compared to Cyborg being mostly gadgets and gizmos and vehicles with some super strength on the side, he'll be fine.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Paper Kaiju posted:

So far they're 0 for 2 on making live action Cyborg not look like rear end, so I'm beginning to wonder if it's even possible. Doesn't help that his poster is also the worst of the set.

There was the version on Smallville too. Though I guess that depends on if you consider "guy in a t-shirt but he's part robot under the skin trust us." As bad or making the best choice for their budget.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I really do not trust DC to get doom patrol right but feel like I have to watch it anyway

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I really do not trust DC to get doom patrol right but feel like I have to watch it anyway

Same. Doom Patrol's only really good when you have a Morrison/Way in charge.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

This one is so good.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

spanky the dolphin posted:

This one is so good.

It looks like a loving joke.

I love it and want it on my wall and I don’t even know what a loving Doom Patrol is.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Fraser looks ravaged by time, but it's drat good seeing him smiling on a poster again.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Robotman is wearing a 'Hello World' t-shirt.

Hello, Robotman!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Why does cyborg look terrible in this version as well? I'm not familiar with the comics, are they just doing a faithful adaptation from a bad design?

e: beaten i guess, but the question stands

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I love it and want it on my wall and I don’t even know what a loving Doom Patrol is.

They're like a weirder X-Men who usually fight surreal and metatextual (at least for comics) villains.
They should be doing stuff like discovering that an evil intergalactic corporation is manipulating events on Earth to create streaming entertainment for the universe, but I'm guessing it's just gonna be weird baddies.

Lizard Combatant posted:

the question stands

He was never in Doom Patrol comics, but that's faithful, if not well executed, It's closer than the JL movie which made the tech all Transformers bitsy and spiky.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 22, 2018

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012
The only question I have is who is playing Danny the Street.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Doom patrol isnt like x men. They aren't handsome awesome people misunderstood for their cool powers, always having that same old bout with magneto.

They are disabled and born wrong or traumatized, too hosed up to go on adventures someone normal could understand.

Grant Morrison understood being an outcast in many ways, and a lot of the comic I feel is ahead of it's time (especially in terms of gender stuff, just look at what it interprets paradise and hell as) but no one else writing that title for years has understood what feeling what not knowing what normal people "have" is. And when they don't get it and try to fake it, or worse just try to be x men, it's pretty painful.

Probably won't be suicide squad levels of squandered potential but who knows

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Doom patrol isnt like x men. They aren't handsome awesome people misunderstood for their cool powers, always having that same old bout with magneto.

They are disabled and born wrong or traumatized, too hosed up to go on adventures someone normal could understand.

Grant Morrison understood being an outcast in many ways, and a lot of the comic I feel is ahead of it's time (especially in terms of gender stuff, just look at what it interprets paradise and hell as) but no one else writing that title for years has understood what feeling what not knowing what normal people "have" is. And when they don't get it and try to fake it, or worse just try to be x men, it's pretty painful.

Probably won't be suicide squad levels of squandered potential but who knows

The Rachel Pollack run immediately following Morrison is underappreciated and I wish it was more easily available.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

I Before E posted:

The Rachel Pollack run immediately following Morrison is underappreciated and I wish it was more easily available.

Honestly I did not like it but maybe I'm the rear end in a top hat there, maybe I just didn't get it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

They're like a weirder X-Men who usually fight surreal and metatextual (at least for comics) villains.
They should be doing stuff like discovering that an evil intergalactic corporation is manipulating events on Earth to create streaming entertainment for the universe, but I'm guessing it's just gonna be weird baddies.

They already have Alan Tudyk playing Mr Nobody, the leader of Brotherhood of Dada, in the show.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

The only question I have is who is playing Danny the Street.

Oh my loving god, I just went and checked and they are bringing in Danny the Street.

Well, I'm loving sold.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hi. I don't know what Doom Patrol is but Brendan Fraser is fat and take that, girls in my memory who won't shut up about Encino Man.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kiimo posted:

Hi. I don't know what Doom Patrol is but Brendan Fraser is fat and take that, girls in my memory who won't shut up about Encino Man.
He looks like poo poo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There's a little teaser but it is more of a fakeout

https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1076168245588254721

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

He looks like poo poo

I mean, that's probably what happens after several long surgeries due to injuries from stunt work, not getting work because he stood up to the guy that sexually assaulted him, and going into a deep depression.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He looks older :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm happy that Brendan Fraser is back. He's good people.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Brendan Fraser looks like the platonic ideal of a race car driver

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

nerdman42 posted:

I mean, that's probably what happens after several long surgeries due to injuries from stunt work, not getting work because he stood up to the guy that sexually assaulted him, and going into a deep depression.

Also divorce and aging added into the mix.

I’m glad to see him doing things as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Proteus Jones posted:

Also divorce and aging added into the mix.

I’m glad to see him doing things as well.

Yeah, it was almost heartbreaking seeing his role in the first live-action GI Joe movie. So small, so insignificant... in such a bad movie. It becomes better when you realize it is essentially a cameo because the director did The Mummy 1 + 2 before, but still... not a good way to disappear from the silver screen for a couple of years.