Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
oh ya i forgot the most important picture

https://twitter.com/kuvosa/status/1076690574508359681

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Bimmi posted:

I really missed out on the Bandai Scopedogs, but such as it is.

https://hlj.com/1-20-scale-atm-09-st-scopedog-ban949841

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

V2 Salty Butter expansion pack with magic problem solving joints.
http://schizophonic9.com/re5/mg_v2assaultbuster.html

New joints on left, old on right. Looks pretty good though the puke gold bits kinda clash with the regular yellow bits. That kinda makes me glad I laid down the cash for the full color matched set.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I'm a little sad they didn't also fix the red elbow stickers but, seeing as my V2's hips snapped after falling onto the same surface it was standing on, I'll count this as a win. A... Victory, if you will.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Not sure how I didn't find this thread when I was gathering stuff to get started, but I'm nearly two Gunpla deep at this point. This is coming from zero experience in models, so my panel lining is kinda garbage.

H.G. Leo currently guards the ladies...

...whereas my Jegan is still in the hangar. He's all thumbs.

Anyhow, I'm here looking for impressions/recommendations for my next buys.
  • I have an MG Zaku II ver 2.0 on the way.
  • I tend to like Zeon-esque models and mass production types.
  • Custom/variants with lots of features are cool, but I hate super spiky designs, so most hero suits aren't my bag.
  • After putting together the Jegan, I think I prefer the form factor of 1/144. But space isn't a huge problem just yet.
Any suggestions based on this -- whether they're next steps or something to wishlist?

And I currently have these in mind for impending purchase. If anyone can speak to these from personal experience or reputation, I'd love to hear it:
HG Byarlant
HG Zaku Half Cannon
HG GM Ground Type

Fakeedit: Bonus shot!

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 27, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Fakeedit: Bonus shot!

"Hey, man, be cool - Let's be cool! You wouldn't shoot a robot with no hands, would you? :ohdear:"

Xaerael posted:

The great experiment to see if I can infect my sister and/or brother in law with gunplaitis via petit beargguy exposure starts today.

I call it Gunplus Disease, myself. Because you just keep adding another, and another, and another...

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Kraven Moorhed posted:

And I currently have these in mind for impending purchase. If anyone can speak to these from personal experience or reputation, I'd love to hear it:
HG Byarlant
HG Zaku Half Cannon
HG GM Ground Type

I can't speak for the Byarlant but the other 2 are great. Also anything from the HG Origin range is highly recommended.

Kraven Moorhed posted:

…but I'm nearly two Gunpla deep at this point.

I think I'm somewhere around 200… get out while you still can :gibs:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
So me and the wife got around to sorting out some of the poo poo we brought back from Japan earlier this year and I totally forgot she found me this.

It's some kind of orchestral piece, haven't run it through a translator yet, but its totally chill and amazing.

Its got a wicked insert too.

Oh and a big totally awesome poster as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

Its got a wicked insert too.

Well that sure is the face of a man who knows he's a few seconds away from death by Vacuum Exposure :stare:.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well that sure is the face of a man who knows he's a few seconds away from death by Vacuum Exposure :stare:.

That's not the face of a man , and exposure to vacuum was not the issue

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

I forgot Char rode a horse, what the hell is wrong with me? And why isn't it red?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gripweed posted:

That's not the face of a man , and exposure to vacuum was not the issue

Well, fine; Ruin my dark humour with stupid things like facts.

See if I care :colbert:.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
I got some metal detail pieces, what’s the best way to get them to stick to the plastic?

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Null of Undefined posted:

I got some metal detail pieces, what’s the best way to get them to stick to the plastic?

Super glue or epoxy glue

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Symetrique posted:

Super glue or epoxy glue

I tried using some super glue I had around but I was having trouble getting a small enough amount that it doesn't end up everywhere. Would super glue gel be better for this?

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Null of Undefined posted:

I tried using some super glue I had around but I was having trouble getting a small enough amount that it doesn't end up everywhere. Would super glue gel be better for this?

Put a drop of it on a scrap piece of foil or something and then apply it with a toothpick or a needle.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Symetrique posted:

Put a drop of it on a scrap piece of foil or something and then apply it with a toothpick or a needle.

Cool thanks

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I guess the next build fighter grand process MG is the wing mixed with the nu? I heard the stormbringer MG was pretty awesome.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

A late Christmas present just arrived and I find myself with the RG Unicorn.

That's a lot of loving decals goddamn.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Gorefiend posted:

A late Christmas present just arrived and I find myself with the RG Unicorn.

That's a lot of loving decals goddamn.

If thats not enough for you:

The RG FA Unicorns decals.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I built the MG Jegan in one sitting last night, goddamn that is an amazing kit. Will post a pic after panel lining it.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I finished the ZZ Ver. Ka the other day and overall it was pretty good. The transformation is done really well and in a way that doesn't compromise it's MS structure too much. If anything it was almost a little too solid as I managed to snap one of the foot pegs just by testing the ankle pivot. I managed to fix it with some CA and metal rod and I sanded the relevant joints for good measure. Posability is… as expected? The giant backpack locks the torso to the waist so you're just left with arms and legs which makes dynamic poses a little difficult but thats the price for being such a big boi I guess.

Today though I snapped together the RE/100 Jagd Doga. It too is a big boi, though it does the best it can being a RE. The joints are simple but smooth and string enough for keeping poses but the polycaps do nothing to damp wobble which sort of makes it feel cheaper than it is, and I think that's what a lot of the negative reviews have latched onto. It's still good though, and the vernier inserts really top it off nicely. The funnel display rods are a nice addition too and seem coat effective enough that we can hopefully see something similar with other future releases. Posability is again as expected, the cuff flares get in the way of the gun and the leg flares limit what you can do with the legs. It's all a little too bombastic for its own good but then again the exact same thing is true for the Sazabi Ver.Ka.

So there we have two big bois with wildly opposing views on joint stiffness.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Marx Headroom posted:

I forgot Char rode a horse, what the hell is wrong with me? And why isn't it red?

Its in Texas Colony not Three Kingdoms Colony.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I made one of the robots I got for christmas

https://imgur.com/a/TTvycd1

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Aww yiss, GunEZ got here this morning and I couldn't resist building it straight away (sorry backlog). As an RE this thing is pretty much perfect in every way.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUV7T33oGFs

Prime92 going through the boxes for the Super Nova/Model Heart Wing Zero Custom. Man I'm hoping this is as good of a build as the Heavyarms was.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Finally managed to finish the GM Guard Custom I picked up a few weeks back once life stopped getting in the way. The re-colour stickers or whatever you call them came out better than I expected, definitely not going to use all the detail stickers next time though, those were a mother fucker and looking at the pictures I realise that a bunch of them (including the bigger ones) ended up wonky.

Also picked up an Action Base a little while back so here's a random pose with the other two sets I've done while Shockwave looks on.

Got the Moon Gundam for Christmas so I'm probably going to do that next. Thinking of trying my hand at a Real Grade, either the Bigduck or this red guy I can't think of a bad pun for.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
The Bigduck is my favorite build so far and every time it catches my eye I think "drat that looks good" but you absolutely need an action base because that thing was not designed to stand on its feet

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Agreed, the RG bigduck is pretty great. I'd go so far as to say it's even better than the master grade version. The swing out handle on the dober gun really makes a difference in terms of posability.

As much as I want Mr. Sotherby, when I see the price tag I just think of all the MGs I could get for that and I already have the Ver. Ka anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

RG bigduck

Now I want a Wiseduck Tech Romancer kit :sigh:.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
RG Tallgeese is a solid kit. Probably the best Ive built so far. Sazabi is supposed to be as good as well.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Puddin posted:

RG Tallgeese is a solid kit. Probably the best Ive built so far. Sazabi is supposed to be as good as well.

This is next for me after I finish the RG Unicorn.

I just finished the HG Gusion Rebake Full City and I kind of hated that kit. The stickers were real bad and it really does not like having the scissors attached to the back it seems.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gorefiend posted:

This is next for me after I finish the RG Unicorn.

I just finished the HG Gusion Rebake Full City and I kind of hated that kit. The stickers were real bad and it really does not like having the scissors attached to the back it seems.

That's because the Big Scissors should be in the middle of snipping shut around a Graze's waist! :goonsay:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

PG Banshee FAA is COMPLETE. Light is turbo lovely right now, and the bastard is too big for my usual photo setup, so photos will have to wait till tomorrow now.

Tricky kit, lots of parts, tons of tough painting descisions, It looks loving awesome though. Well worth it.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Looks like Bandai finally remembered they promised to HG every Gundam.

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1079663491038887937?s=19

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
There's already an HG Destiny though

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BizarroAzrael posted:

There's already an HG Destiny though

People want a HG that doesn't suck.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

Looks like Bandai finally remembered they promised to HG every Gundam.

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1079663491038887937?s=19

Give us more HGCS kits already, I want a decent Buster Gundam! :argh:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

TaurusOxford posted:

People want a HG that doesn't suck.

It will still be of the Destiny though..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Enjoy.

(Backdrop is makeshift because loving HUGE)