Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of people have a certain bias concerning Anime-Original stuff in adaptations because they more often than not tend to screw the pooch, but it doesn't necessarily have to be bad. Hell, some of my favorite episodes/tidbits in Gintama are basically the staff from Sunrise/Bamco Pictures goofing about and whatnot.

I actually preferred Season 2 to Season 1 of BBB back when it was airing, but after revisiting recently, the narrative arc throughout Season 1 is fairly good, so now I basically see it like Season 1 is "Main Game" and Season 2 feels kinda like a "Sequel/Post Game" of sorts, if that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I lost interest in BBB once I learned that the manga basically has no main plot (maybe this has changed). I like a show that has monster of the week stuff, but its not very interesting when the story never goes anywhere.

Also, I've started watching the Disastrous Life of Saki K, and have been enjoying it. I think I somehow had confused it with that one manga where the main character is perfect at everything, so I had avoided it. (I also might be psychic because I have been able to predict every one of the eyecatches).

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i really like bbbs1 but i don't end up talking about it much because some people feel really intensely negatively about the anime original stuff and uh, it's all kind of one of my favorite parts of the show even if just for white's scenes and episode 11

discussion gets real awkward and also the op of the s2 thread spent every week making GBS threads about how much he hated s1 so that made discussion of that, not very fun for me

That sukz

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lets go find the op and steal their shoes

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked the episodic, picaresque nature of the manga so having an anime-original plot was more of a con than a pro for me and I never connected with the added characters so they felt out of place. I never even watched the finale since it was about their story and tbh I didn't really care. I haven't made it through S2 yet but will...someday...eventually. Mostly I'm just glad Dark Horse finally put out 8-10 of the manga but idk if there's any hope for the continuation.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i really like bbbs1 but i don't end up talking about it much because some people feel really intensely negatively about the anime original stuff and uh, it's all kind of one of my favorite parts of the show even if just for white's scenes and episode 11

discussion gets real awkward and also the op of the s2 thread spent every week making GBS threads about how much he hated s1 so that made discussion of that, not very fun for me

Episode 11 was one of the best episodes of the show and is now one of my favorite single episodes of anime ever and I even think Black has a lot of good ideas at his core, he's just very underdeveloped. The scene where Leo activates his godsight and sees the real Black saying he wants to live took my breath away

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Lets go find the op and steal their shoes

This

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
All the anime original stuff in blood blockade was boring as poo poo. Durr we've got this hell new york with a bunch of badass monster dudes in it, now let's focus on some anime-disease hospital girl or whatever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

All the anime original stuff in blood blockade was boring as poo poo. Durr we've got this hell new york with a bunch of badass monster dudes in it, now let's focus on some anime-disease hospital girl or whatever.

they're in the hospital for like 5 minutes one episode lol

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i liked the sister as a grounding character for the mc but i didn't care for black at all and the whole last episode was completely unintelligible to me

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

they're in the hospital for like 5 minutes one episode lol
Hell, they even go to the movies in one episode! It's pretty dang cute. :3:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Even the characters got bored of the plot and watched a different movie instead.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I liked the 3 or 4 episodes I watched when it was airing but then the production fiasco happened and I never got back to it. Hype OP and ED though

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Even the characters got bored of the plot and watched a different movie instead.

lol

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
And this is why we don't talk about BBB so much.

For me, it managed to capture a bit of that mix of craziness, seriousness, and genuine emotion that Cowboy Bebop did, so I quite like it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

let us talk about BB instead

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

let us talk about BB instead

I never saw Boss Baby though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
bb stands for backstabbing bastard

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ojisama you're not going to win that battle.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Colonel posted:

Yeah they were really weird about....a lot of things while the show was airing.

GorfZaplen posted:

Episode 11 was one of the best episodes of the show and is now one of my favorite single episodes of anime ever and I even think Black has a lot of good ideas at his core, he's just very underdeveloped. The scene where Leo activates his godsight and sees the real Black saying he wants to live took my breath away

My only real complaint about black is his role in the story kind of forces him to really only have half of his own screentime.

K. Flaps posted:

This is a really funny complaint because one of the few actually interesting bits of lore building season 2 did was....introduce a new even more magical Hospital that featured in the show for the season.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 2, 2019

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Heres a cool thing:

AI assisted coloring for line drawings

https://style2paints.github.io/

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/recursion

That's getting even crazier though...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm gonna be a neo luddite and kill all the ais

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the 2nd one is just a slightly better than normal content aware paint bucket though, its not super special

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
can't wait until we invent an AI that can create art so that humanity can finally come to an end

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

General purpose ai will be invented by a man who wanted to hold hands with an anime character

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

or perhaps even.... a woman

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ironically it will be invented by two people who should really just date each other.

Edit: so it'll definitely be Japanese

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

General purpose ai will be invented by a man who wanted to hold hands with an anime character

Are you shaming me?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DoubleDonut posted:

can't wait until we invent an AI that can create art so that humanity can finally come to an end

https://make.girls.moe/#/

e; Oh lord

quote:

We are releasing a new project — Crypko, in which you can get and trade AI generated anime characters on Ethereum blockchain.

Everything about that sentence is cursed as gently caress

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh Crypko, i can't belive you've run off with all my money again

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: in a billion years the only evidence that humanity ever existed will be an AI that is continuously writing Touhou fanfiction.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/yukimotosyuji/status/1078910628029288449?s=19

:same:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: in a billion years the only evidence that humanity ever existed will be an AI that is continuously writing Touhou fanfiction.

That's a better legacy than we can realistically hope for.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Clarste posted:

"Touhou AC," said Man, "Which is the one true pairing?"

The Touhou AC said, "THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DOUJIN FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER."

Man said, "Create additional doujin."

The Touhou AC said, "I WILL DO SO. I HAVE BEEN DOING SO FOR A HUNDRED BILLION YEARS. MY PREDECESSORS AND I HAVE BEEN ASKED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES. ALL THE DOUJIN I HAVE REMAINS INSUFFICIENT."

"Will you keep working on it?" asked Man.

The Touhou AC said, "I WILL."

Man said, "We shall wait."

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Using the last page of a rokudou chapter is cheating but lmao

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Using the last page of a rokudou chapter is cheating but lmao

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
octopath traveler is pretty cool but i wish that party dynamics between the cast, existed

and also that h'aanit's story wasn't the most boring one for me to start with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A temporary alliance is formed.