Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
There we go, much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That Evil Dead poster is hot hot hot. Also, Craig Frames on Amazon I've had great success with on some dal nice frames for a good price.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That’s the stuff.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There should really be a special place for it in the OP

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That was the tagline for Altered States?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Teenage Fansub posted:

That was the tagline for Altered States?

That's an alternate I think. The original tagline is way more unwieldy.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

But way better.
Believe it or not, that's a shortened version.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 6, 2019

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I finally watched altered states the other day, man I had to wait a drat long time to finally see a monkey man run amok.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One for 'Bee

And two for my 'Man

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 6, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm guessing the Chinese Bumblebee poster is invoking designs from the 50's or 60's. Is there any point to that?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm guessing the Chinese Bumblebee poster is invoking designs from the 50's or 60's. Is there any point to that?

I guess China has movie poster hipsters too?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Why is Daniel Radcliffe doing this? I mean, I know he has a poo poo ton of money and can do whatever the gently caress he wants, but why does he want this?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He's been Mr. Odd Indie Projects for years. He'd probably say yup to costarring in anything with Buscemi.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 6, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The guy did a movie about a farting corpse on which he played the farting corpse.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe Buscemi really wanted to work with Daniel Radcliffe. Radcliffe has balls. We know that because he had them out on stage each night during Equus.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

His farting corpse movie and indie things have been good or at least sort of interesting. I watched the trailer for this and it just looked like a mediocre TBS sitcom. Steve Buscemi is awesome, but I don’t know.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

His farting corpse movie and indie things have been good or at least sort of interesting. I watched the trailer for this and it just looked like a mediocre TBS sitcom. Steve Buscemi is awesome, but I don’t know.

It's from Simon Rich who previously did the excellent show Man Seeking Woman so it will probably have plenty of fun flare.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

quote:

A surrealist remake of Alejandro Jodorowsky's 1973 film, "The Holy Mountain," consisting entirely of borrowed clips from countless dog films.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Hot take: Everything is Terrible was a lot better when it was more about finding, preserving, and curating weird media content rather than being the internet equivalent of those sketches at the beginning of the tape trader compilations that you fast forward through to get to the good stuff. Memory Hole is one of the most frustrating channels in existence because they have access to this obscene wealth of rejected America's Funniest Home Videos tapes and then they ruin it with like five different noise filters and spooky_droning_electronic_ambience_loop.wav and a bunch of bad cuts and jump scare zooms instead of just letting it exist.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I don't know anything about them or any of that but I love the concept of deciding The Holy Mountain was not sufficiently surreal and also needed to be 100% dogs.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I don't know anything about them or any of that but I love the concept of deciding The Holy Mountain was not sufficiently surreal and also needed to be 100% dogs.

They've been finding and posting weird old media for about a decade now and were way ahead of the curve with the current VHS nostalgia/irony boom, they were arguably the ones who originally popularized Surviving Edged Weapons on YouTube and if something winds up on a show like Best of the Worst there's a very good chance they posted it years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGvdVXxFkY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txoCOebILZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK6gPjY56cQ

They also ran that pop-up instagram experience where they built a fake 90s blockbuster full of Jerry Maguire VHS tapes.

Memory Hole was a sister project they launched when America's Funniest Home Videos unofficially let them have access to their huge collection of tapes people had sent in over the years. That was around the time when they were focusing more on being an Art Collective and doing live shows and the like so the stuff it puts out is way more aggressively edited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vbI0H6otpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM84MbNDZNI

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

How can you post EIT stuff without posting their greatest find ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnZhi5gaX8g

or their best compilation:

https://vimeo.com/8260528

Also, I got high one Christmas with a friend and watched DWPW.

It's about as close a remake of the Holy Mountain as you could humanly get with spliced dog footage

Then if I remember correctly at some point it goes off the rails in a totally different way from Holy Mountain and becomes its own weird thing. I wonder if I can still dig up my order info and redownload it.

Also looking this poo poo up makes me realize I've been watching them for at least a decade now.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

Hot take: Everything is Terrible was a lot better when it was more about finding, preserving, and curating weird media content rather than being the internet equivalent of those sketches at the beginning of the tape trader compilations that you fast forward through to get to the good stuff. Memory Hole is one of the most frustrating channels in existence because they have access to this obscene wealth of rejected America's Funniest Home Videos tapes and then they ruin it with like five different noise filters and spooky_droning_electronic_ambience_loop.wav and a bunch of bad cuts and jump scare zooms instead of just letting it exist.

Co-signing that. I'm here for Duane and the Canadian guy with a corvette going "gently caress you" to a cop and the vacuum infomercial where they're talking about dust mite feces, VHS creepypasta is stupid as poo poo, boring to watch and agonizing to not fast-forward through

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Only found out about this 2018 movie today:

Would never have guessed that was [meant to be] John Cusack

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 6, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Agent Cody Banks 2049

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Guy Mann posted:

Absolutely. One of their editors was much much better about letting the content speak on its own and their uploads were much better as a result.

This is probably my favorite, the shining star of their week of boredom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEfgSwd3uNU

E: Every time I watch this I start losing it exactly halfway through.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 7, 2019

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

spookygonk posted:

Only found out about this 2018 movie today:

Would never have guessed that was [meant to be] John Cusack

Did some intend to make this 15 years ago and just got around to it?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You can tell from the second poster that they shoddily tried to remove the shadow on the right side of her face (her left) on the first one, which makes her eye look really strange.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Cusack looks like Tom Cruise in Minority Report when he uses the melty face disguise.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

He looks like Michael Cohen.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Does John Cusack have some kind of weird-rear end Nic Cage-level "gonna buy a bunch of dinosaur skulls" spending addiction or something? It seems like he's been doing nothing but absolute bottom-tier DTV stuff for like five years straight now.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Fart City posted:

Does John Cusack have some kind of weird-rear end Nic Cage-level "gonna buy a bunch of dinosaur skulls" spending addiction or something? It seems like he's been doing nothing but absolute bottom-tier DTV stuff for like five years straight now.

No, he's just an alcoholic and terrible to deal with.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bird in a Blender posted:

Did some intend to make this 15 years ago and just got around to it?

Looks more like they did make it 15 years ago and just got around to releasing it.

Shame to hear about Cusack's personal issues. He's done a lot of movies I liked.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

So that’s what happened to Kim Possible when she grew up. Makes sense.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

:stare: I, uh... Good Lo- :barf:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Strange, now I'm ok with them going extinct.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kitala posted:

So that’s what happened to Kim Possible when she grew up. Makes sense.

I'll be honest that sounds like an awesome crossover event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Starring Steve Buscemi as Mads Mikkelson.