Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

MikeJF posted:

I'll be honest that sounds like an awesome crossover event.

Yea, it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Memory Hole was a sister project they launched when America's Funniest Home Videos unofficially let them have access to their huge collection of tapes people had sent in over the years. That was around the time when they were focusing more on being an Art Collective and doing live shows and the like so the stuff it puts out is way more aggressively edited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vbI0H6otpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM84MbNDZNI
memory hole ftmfw

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Who in the world OK'd that Dumbo poster? It's unholy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Renoistic posted:

Who in the world OK'd that Dumbo poster? It's unholy.

Who in the world OK'd a movie about a circus elephant? Did they have some kinda chart where they pinpointed 2019 as the last year where they can make money off it before a tipping point gets hit and people start seeing Dumbo as a child-friendly version of Blackfish?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Who OKed a new Tim Burton movie in 2019?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Lol I had no idea it's directed by Tim Burton. :suicide:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My friend actually convinced me to go see the obviously stupid loving Tim Burton Dumbo movie that will be bad with the phrase "Danny Elfman circus score." That's an itch that hasn't been scratched for quite awhile.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I thought Dark Shadows and Miss Peregrine were okay :colbert:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Other Dumbo character posters

Other posters

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

lmao this can't be real

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

Sweeney Todd is the last good Burton film. :colbert:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

Sweeney Todd is the last good Burton film. :colbert:

I think you mean Mars Attacks, or maybe Big Eyes if you're being very generous

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I Before E posted:

I think you mean Mars Attacks, or maybe Big Eyes if you're being very generous

Nope, I absolutely mean Sweeney Todd. Great songs, fun gore, and Alan goddamn Rickman.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

Nope, I absolutely mean Sweeney Todd. Great songs, fun gore, and Alan goddamn Rickman.

The only thing I can agree with here is that Alan Rickman is, indeed, in the film

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Result! Common ground in CD. I'll take it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

There are too few serifs in those movie posters. All the sans serifs look so samey. Bring back serifs.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that's the worst spock I've ever seen

goddamn I wish this show would loving die and burn in hell forever

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hmmm...

Apparently the movie (on Netflix now) is about a zombie apocalypse but features nothing resembling zombies whatsoever.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vegetable posted:

There are too few serifs in those movie posters. All the sans serifs look so samey. Bring back serifs.

The little flicks in the Star Trek logo count :)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teenage Fansub posted:

Miss Peregrine doesn't live up to the promise of its movie poster, which has Eva Green with a crossbow front and centre, which isn't really in the movie outside one scene. The best part is Samuel L. Jackson hamming it up while everyone else takes it very, very seriously.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I seriously forgot Miss Peregrine was a Burton joint.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Can't be much of a legend if one has no idea what this is about.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I think It's based on the same dude as Rocky. The guy who lost to Ali.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I guess their lawyers advised them to tiptoe around the main selling point of the movie.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 9, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I didn't even read that as a boxing glove. I thought it was some kinda like Bloodborne-type leather face mask.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"Hey let's make a film about the same subject as the most famous boxing film ever. Surely people won't spend the entire movie thinking how they could be watching Rocky instead."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's THE REAL STORY except nobody cares about the real story in any way other than its connection to the fake story.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

FreudianSlippers posted:

I think It's based on the same dude as Rocky. The guy who lost to Ali.

Ah, so they made a movie about the guy who already had a movie made about him ... two years ago?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
A lot of people lost to Ali, you never know if it's going to be the same guy

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, I know precisely jack poo poo about that dude, so if he's interesting this might be a good movie.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah but this dude lost a lot less badly than everyone was expecting.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, I know precisely jack poo poo about that dude, so if he's interesting this might be a good movie.

They called him The Bayonne Bleeder because he would end up bleeding all over the place everytime he fought. After he fought Sonny Liston, he needed 72 stitches in his face and while most of the time he wasn't wrecked that badly, dude still did not come out of boxing matches looking pretty.

Dude was a contender, and iirc he was the first person to knock down Muhamed Ali, though Ali claims that Wepner stepped on his foot and threw him off balance. Looking at the famous photo, I'm inclined to agree but Wepner has insisted he actually knocked down Ali legit. He wasn't a complete unknown at the time though, he was the 8th ranked heavyweight boxer when he fought Ali.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Don Gato posted:

They called him The Bayonne Bleeder because he would end up bleeding all over the place everytime he fought. After he fought Sonny Liston, he needed 72 stitches in his face and while most of the time he wasn't wrecked that badly, dude still did not come out of boxing matches looking pretty.

Dude was a contender, and iirc he was the first person to knock down Muhamed Ali, though Ali claims that Wepner stepped on his foot and threw him off balance. Looking at the famous photo, I'm inclined to agree but Wepner has insisted he actually knocked down Ali legit. He wasn't a complete unknown at the time though, he was the 8th ranked heavyweight boxer when he fought Ali.

Okay this movie might actually loving own :stare: I'm picturing it being a bit less Rocky and a bit more Tokyo Fist

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If they go full Raging Bull and have his face look like minced meat by the end of the fight it might be cool.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

If they go full Raging Bull and have his face look like minced meat by the end of the fight it might be cool.

The fact that Raging Bull is your basis of comparison for that tells me you haven't seen Tokyo Fist

It's the Tetsuo: The Iron Man director doing a boxing movie, it has a loving amazing Chu Ishikawa score, and people get hosed the hell up in it

Watch it ASAP

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Tetsuo: The Iron Man

Sold

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
In case anyone isn't, this is what the score sounds like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQyFq5Xdo8

Seriously I loving love Tokyo Fist

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/bakkooonn/status/421370207693594624?lang=en

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Finally, Apollo 18 is getting a sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is Jeffrey Wahlberg Mark's actually talented brother?