Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sir Trump the Donn'nold, Purveyor of Piss, Defender of the Golden Tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

^^^^
Ser Donaldo. Have to make it subtle, you know.

syscall girl posted:

which makes bran the builder donald trump

Nah, Bran actually did what he set out to do. And there were legit threats at the time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Maester Bannono: "Lord Donaldo, the Golden Company is threat..."

Lord Donaldo: *licking his lips* "Golden, you say?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ned spends the majority of the first book tying to decipher what Jon Arryn's dying words, "The yearn is strong" meant, only to discover too late he meant "The urine is strong..."

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Orange of skin... :aaa:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Melania, third of her name.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

counterfeitsaint posted:

The Bad Thread, ladies and grrms

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

house sigil : two crossed yellow streams over a red hat

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

counterfeitsaint posted:

Lmfao perfect

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Grab her by the maidenhead.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yeah, the wall literally never kept anything out and the exact moment someone wanted to go through it they did.

Like you can't say "haha, this wall in Texas works. Look at how few people in Madagascar are coming over it" when people in Madagascar are clearly not trying, meanwhile everyone else is just using ladders and tunnels to get past your dumb poo poo wall.

Also, they can take a boat around it... just like in real life.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

tadashi posted:

Also, they can take a boat around it... just like in real life.

not to be too serious but the wall's intention was to keep out the ice wights

the honest fact though was it was about the wildlings after all

basically everyone was scared and confused and looking for an other to blame

much unlike reality

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

syscall girl posted:

looking for an other to blame

:thunk:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

i see that you saw what i did there

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
if you're a knight you can get away with it- Gregor Clegane

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

if you're a knight you can get away with it- Gregor Clegane

Gregor Clegane PI

get it right

Colonel Sanders Clegane makes a good bucket of chicken though

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
When North of the Wall sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending wildlings that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing cannibalism. They're bringing giants. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

When North of the Wall sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending wildlings that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing cannibalism. They're bringing giants. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

i was just going to say, and I think it's D&D HBO not grump who put in the cannibalism bits about Thenns

so it's sometimes okay to feather up someone

if they drive like this

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

idgi

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

targ = trump

i think

incestuous blond idiots

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

She’s the third wife, after Ivana and Marla

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

syscall girl posted:

i was just going to say, and I think it's D&D HBO not grump who put in the cannibalism bits about Thenns

so it's sometimes okay to feather up someone

if they drive like this

iirc the Thenns are supposed to be the wildling clan most like the southerners, with more of a civilized society. D&D decided to merge them with another clan who is cannibalistic lmbo

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

syscall girl posted:

I know the book at least describes some group of wildlings in passing as cannibals, but their cannibalism isn't shown to the reader that I can recall.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
GOT is very Trumpy when you think about it. A story about a governmentally incompetent group of meatheads who depose a peaceful, if flawed, ruling class via an implausible campaign and a completely faked heroic backstory of the installed ruler, who then proceeds to let the whole kingdom get raked over by lovely grifters and calamity while he indulges vices and complains to his friends about how nobody likes him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
All it's really missing is a massive plague of blue mini-ravens carrying weirdly worded bitchy complaints from Robert to every single person in the kingdom all day long.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Kylaer posted:

I know the book at least describes some group of wildlings in passing as cannibals, but their cannibalism isn't shown to the reader that I can recall.

The Skagos islanders are supposed to be cannibals where Rickon goes and hangs out with the unicorns or whatever else stupid rear end poo poo there is that was smartly cut out of the show. I just wish they would have done more with it other than lol there goes that bolton kid again. oh you.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
This is the quote I remember, I searched "ice river cannibals" on Google and found it:

quote:

Beneath the trees were all wildlings in the world; raiders and giants, wargs and skinchangers, mountain men, salt sea sailors, ice river cannibals, cave dwellers with dyed faces, dog chariots from the Frozen Shore, Hornfoot men with their soles like boiled leather, all the queer wild folk Mance had gathered to break the Wall.

Memorable line, at least for me. But it's the only mention I can remember about cannibals among the wildlings.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kylaer posted:

This is the quote I remember, I searched "ice river cannibals" on Google and found it:

Memorable line, at least for me. But it's the only mention I can remember about cannibals among the wildlings.

Hornfeet

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sneaky edit.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Martian posted:

Sneaky edit.

I've been caught

so uh how about those ninjas in ASoIaF?

huh?

:ninja:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

syscall girl posted:

Gregor Clegane PI

get it right

The fat eunuch frowned without comprehension, but before he could speak Clegane was explaining: "KINGS GUARD NEED VICTIM. SOMEONE TO BLAME FOR THREE MURDERS."

Littlefinger, speaking in a brittle excited voice, interrupted Clegane. "Two, only two murders, Ser Clegane. The Sweetling undoubtedly killed your partner."

"...UH, YEAH, THE SWEETLING. MM-HM. HIM THE KILLER. NOT ME."

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

less laughter posted:

She’s the third wife, after Ivana and Marla

thanks, that is clever.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The fat eunuch frowned without comprehension, but before he could speak Clegane was explaining: "KINGS GUARD NEED VICTIM. SOMEONE TO BLAME FOR THREE MURDERS."

Littlefinger, speaking in a brittle excited voice, interrupted Clegane. "Two, only two murders, Ser Clegane. The Sweetling undoubtedly killed your partner."

"...UH, YEAH, THE SWEETLING. MM-HM. HIM THE KILLER. NOT ME."

"Commissioner Clegane, we have new evidence that the horse head found in Ser Loras' bed may have been put there by a known crime syndicate."

*looks at notes*

"Starts with a 'c' cor cor leo..."

*carefully uses greatsword to lift the sheets*

"It was the horse what did it. Pyromaniac horse. Case solved"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

syscall girl posted:

"Commissioner Clegane

It was night. Commissioner Clegane stood on the wind-swept rooftop. The spotlight was lit, projecting a shape on the clouds above. A signal.

"Commissioner." A silky, enticing voice. Clegane was no longer alone. A very handsome man with an air of mysterious, attractive danger had appeared from the darkness. Like a predator you wanted to be preyed upon by. And who definitely never ineffectually cut off an adolescent girl's ear in a panic.

"DARKSTAR...MAN. NEED YOU. THERE MURDERER ON LOOSE." He held up a card, spattered with blood. "THIS CLUE."

Darkstarman held the card to the light. It was a business card.

"This name..."

"YES?"

"It's your name."

"YES."

"I... should go."

"YES."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

It was night. Commissioner Clegane stood on the wind-swept rooftop. The spotlight was lit, projecting a shape on the clouds above. A signal.

"Commissioner." A silky, enticing voice. Clegane was no longer alone. A very handsome man with an air of mysterious, attractive danger had appeared from the darkness. Like a predator you wanted to be preyed upon by. And who definitely never ineffectually cut off an adolescent girl's ear in a panic.

"DARKSTAR...MAN. NEED YOU. THERE MURDERER ON LOOSE." He held up a card, spattered with blood. "THIS CLUE."

Darkstarman held the card to the light. It was a business card.

"This name..."

"YES?"

"It's your name."

"YES."

"I... should go."

"YES."

Olyvya Beenson awakens in her west king's landing park chambers.

The sunlight dangles seductively on her needle of justice.

"Gods I wish I could do something about rape in this universe of Dick Wolves but as a product of rape I am so conflicted

Enter Ser Stabler

"This sick gently caress just did a Myrish Swamp on an unsuspecting woman. I don't know what kind of animals would do a thing like that but by my daughter's name I will find and beat him and then prosecute him to the fullest extent of the small council

"Ser Stabler please use your rational mind, I will beat the offender senseless as soon as I uh, get rid of this -- hey who put this strongwine in my bedchambers

:doink:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well now I'm just mad that Ice T has never been on GoT

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Like a predator you wanted to be preyed upon by.

This is so goddamn awfully beautiful.

Ice T sucks and would be perfect for the show.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

redo seasons 3-whatever with Ice T as dario. blue beard and all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I heard Danarys' civilization is even more grand than the brave new westerosi world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So I started reading (a friends copy) of Fire and Blood.

Got about a 100 pages in before I realised.

Wait. Why the gently caress am I reading 700 pages of fake history.

No sane answer coming to mind, I have abandoned this endeavour.