Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

MG ka Saz progress. All "red" bits are painted, just the dark red to decal and varnish up.

It's really loving shiny. Usually that's a problem, but it's what I'm going for this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xaerael posted:

I keep having the same conversation at events I attend, and I'm curious what the opinion looks like when it's answered by a larger group.

If you could force BanDai to PG one model, providing it's not much bigger than any PG currently in production, what would you choose?

For me, it's the Hyaku Shiki. I've always adored it's design, and it's V2 MG release is still one of my favourite kits ever.

I agree that the Lupus (with that great eye-bleed effect from the LEDs somehow) and the God Gundam would be rad, but I'd also put the Turn A on the list. Light up Moonlight Butterfly, full internal missile bay/cow transport, swappable cockpit... yeah.

Outside of main suits and into the realm of never-gonna-happen, the Kapool would be amazing.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Xaerael posted:

I keep having the same conversation at events I attend, and I'm curious what the opinion looks like when it's answered by a larger group.

If you could force BanDai to PG one model, providing it's not much bigger than any PG currently in production, what would you choose?

For me, it's the Hyaku Shiki. I've always adored it's design, and it's V2 MG release is still one of my favourite kits ever.

Ryusei-Go hands down. Although if they did Man Rodi, that would start a long cycle of PG Rodi variants(Hakuri, Labrys, Landman, Spinner). Rodi could become the new Astray with dozens of equipment options, rainbows of colors. Just think of all the engineering and innovation going into bringing that chunky boi to life. Remember that RG Astray demo where the frame perfectly mimicked human movement. Well this time the human is someone from my 600 pound life. Every teaser silhouette would be impossible not to guess right.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
PG Sazabi would sell like hotcakes. It's pretty much the best looking kit out there.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sazabi posted:

Ryusei-Go hands down. Although if they did Man Rodi, that would start a long cycle of PG Rodi variants(Hakuri, Labrys, Landman, Spinner). Rodi could become the new Astray with dozens of equipment options, rainbows of colors. Just think of all the engineering and innovation going into bringing that chunky boi to life. Remember that RG Astray demo where the frame perfectly mimicked human movement. Well this time the human is someone from my 600 pound life. Every teaser silhouette would be impossible not to guess right.

Ah, but which Ryusei-Go?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Ah, but which Ryusei-Go?

Ryusei-Go III (Shiden), then Bandai can sell me a Ride and Orga P-Bandai release.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Darth Walrus posted:

Ah, but which Ryusei-Go?

Flauros would be magical. But I'd settle for Shino's magenta mobile worker if Bandai wanted to monkey paw me.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
PG Flauros with the massive cannon backpack and articulation would be amazing.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

MG ka Saz progress. All "red" bits are painted, just the dark red to decal and varnish up.

It's really loving shiny. Usually that's a problem, but it's what I'm going for this time around.

Ferrari candy red is the only way to go with that kit imo

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

It's a tad too dark for Ferrari, which is better.

Whole thing is gonna look fantastic.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

My December P-Bandai order got delayed half a month because of a free fanclub pin badge offer, but it's finally here.

The Assault Buster box is particularly nice. It's printed on all sides like a retail box except they didn't put it to retail because..... ??????

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
gently caress I want that Victory. I wish it was easier to get P-Bandai here in Aus.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

RillAkBea posted:

The Assault Buster box is particularly nice. It's printed on all sides like a retail box except they didn't put it to retail because..... ??????

I'm not getting my assault buster expansion pack until February, though of course it'll go right to my backlog. You'll have to give your thoughts when you finish building it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

gently caress I want that Victory. I wish it was easier to get P-Bandai here in Aus.

Sometimes you get lucky. There's a few retail stores that get the odd P-Bandai item in.

floatman
Mar 17, 2009
There's a Perth shop called little robot that stocks P Bandai items.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I was in Hearn's Hobbies in the Melbourne CBD today and they have a few P-Bandai kits. Insane markup though. Much cheaper to use Gentei Kits or similar even with shipping factored in.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bill Posters posted:

I was in Hearn's Hobbies in the Melbourne CBD today and they have a few P-Bandai kits. Insane markup though. Much cheaper to use Gentei Kits or similar even with shipping factored in.

Hearn's pricing isn't too brutal for regular Gundam kits at least, and their selection has gotten surprisingly good in the past few years.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hearn's pricing isn't too brutal for regular Gundam kits at least, and their selection has gotten surprisingly good in the past few years.

Very true, they have a decent selection of non-gundam bandai kits as well.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

floatman posted:

There's a Perth shop called little robot that stocks P Bandai items.

Thank you, I'll add it to my list of browsing!

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Frontline Hobbies in Newcastle, NSW has a big range but their website is terrible. They're also pretty expensive. They get p-Bandai stuff too.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Monaghan posted:

I'm not getting my assault buster expansion pack until February, though of course it'll go right to my backlog. You'll have to give your thoughts when you finish building it.
I probably won't put it together right away myself either.

Looking inside the box though, for the full box version, there's a giant combined sheet of waterslide decals as well as a combined sheet of stickers. The instruction manual is an all new printing with full color covers, decal guide and centre fold which also features a fully translated interview with Katoki himself.

Also, while the exp. parts match the original Ver. Ka, the full box has a new color scheme. Red and blue are now a little darker and richer, frame grey is now almost black, all yellow parts are matte gold plated and the white has become a very light blue grey.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

I probably won't put it together right away myself either.

Looking inside the box though, for the full box version, there's a giant combined sheet of waterslide decals as well as a combined sheet of stickers. The instruction manual is an all new printing with full color covers, decal guide and centre fold which also features a fully translated interview with Katoki himself.

Also, while the exp. parts match the original Ver. Ka, the full box has a new color scheme. Red and blue are now a little darker and richer, frame grey is now almost black, all yellow parts are matte gold plated and the white has become a very light blue grey.

You're making me consider getting that full kit instead of just the expansion. The base kit sounds much nicer now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Who wants to spend over 400 dollars on a 1/72 scale GP-02? http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/MECHANICORE-MAS-20-Gp02-Gundam-model-kit

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

See I was just looking at my collection today wondering if it wasn't getting out of hand, if I should cut back a bit on my hobby spending… then I see this and I'm like well at least I haven't gone that far. :eyepop:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You could get the 1/60th GP-02 action figure for under a hundred bucks

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
But then you didn't build it????

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That Gobbo posted:

But then you didn't build it????

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

you can also have the joy of having nothing on the kit fit together properly and wanting to to shoot yourself!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I would have one already if I hadn't come down with a bad case of homelessness in the last year. My SD pre-order probably still exists.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Local stores do some great stuff.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

https://imgur.com/gallery/8iUx246

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

I...kind of already did....

It's a sickness...

Should be shipping this month, finally. Only a year after pre-orders opened!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

This was a really cool kit to build, I hope it's the new baseline for HGs.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The Quibly Damned is baller looking as hell in person and the box is pretty funny but this ancient Quibly elbow joint can eat all the dicks. My right arm can barely support the horror hands as long as you never touch it again.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Azubah posted:

This was a really cool kit to build, I hope it's the new baseline for HGs.

Looking at your build got me to stop being lazy and actually panel line my kit. Looks so much better now.

My RG Tallgeese arrived on Thursday and I'm fighting the urge to start on it since I found a site to buy some single-bladed nippers from and I'm waiting for those to arrive. Maybe I'll finally do that Build Gundam Mk II that I brought a few weeks back to keep my hands busy. Once those are done I think I'm going to have to hold off on buying anymore kits until I move in March, don't know where I'm going to end up or how much space I'll have for all this poo poo. Might even have a ventilated space for some painting.

Although I did end up watching some of the original Gundam anime recently and now I kinda' want to build a Zaku.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The RG Zaku II is still a great kit, so if you want a Zaku, I recommend that.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So I'm taking a break to have dinner while building the HGBF Build Gundam MKII and I didn't realise they recycled kits that are more than a decade old for this series. The original runners are dated 2002 with the new ones being 2013. I guess this lets me see how HG kits have evolved, because the articulation on this thing is crap compared to the other kits I've made.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Veotax posted:

So I'm taking a break to have dinner while building the HGBF Build Gundam MKII and I didn't realise they recycled kits that are more than a decade old for this series. The original runners are dated 2002 with the new ones being 2013. I guess this lets me see how HG kits have evolved, because the articulation on this thing is crap compared to the other kits I've made.

Haha yeah. Sometimes it's real bad. Like the Tristan is I think the worst example of this, but most of the build fighters/divers line is a mashup of old kits with knew parts.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Stopped in at my local hobby store, and drat.

That's some expensive plastic.

Ended up buying an Ez8 to build my first kit in like, eighteen years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Stopped in at my local hobby store, and drat.

That's some expensive plastic.

Ended up buying an Ez8 to build my first kit in like, eighteen years

HG or MG Ez8? Either way, have fun, and welcome to the thread.

one of us, one of us, one of us...