Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

SteelMentor posted:

Why are all these Slaaneshi tiddy miniatures so loving boring.

The greatest sin here is the idiots who act like they're being scandalous and taboo slapping such flaccid attempts at being provocative on the table.

Yeah. Like, the bar has been officially set at 'making a harp out of a guy's spine/nervous system'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Slaanesh would be just as happy with your wearing an incredibly over-ornate set of robes that conceals you completely but glitters with a thousand colours and a hundred textures. Happier probably, because that meant you did something.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Lone Badger posted:

Slaanesh would be just as happy with your wearing an incredibly over-ornate set of robes that conceals you completely but glitters with a thousand colours and a hundred textures. Happier probably, because that meant you did something.

Heh, look at this tryhard. Going to all that effort when you can just stick a melta up your b-hole and Senpai Slaneesh will notice you.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This guy's got more Slaanesh aesthetic in his tiny piano pinky ring than all the titty cultists combined.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I want to worship Slaanesh by making everything into a terrible play on words. Surely then I will be worthy of his delightful punishments.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Granny?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Surely a six-pack that glorious should not be covered up?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're just subdermal plates anyway

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today's topic: the Thunderhawk Gunship

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

They're just subdermal plates anyway

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I want to make an entire IG army that consists of tanks and ships with droopy cannons.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

The Saddest Robot posted:

I want to make an entire IG army that consists of tanks and ships with droopy cannons.

Oh that's easy. Just buy them straight from Forgeworld.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Filing away "Silicone Six-pack" for next time I need a throwaway username, thanks.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hustlin Floh posted:

Today's topic: the Thunderhawk Gunship

im the limp cannon

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
The Thunderhawk is one of my favourite GW designs, yet I am always confused by the desire of so many nerds to build them at 28mm and attach enormous flight stands.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Most of those are silly at best, but I kind of dig that scratch-built Blood Ravens one.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That BR one is pretty sweet, and the bonus sunflower patch in the background makes me think a cool and good person built it.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The one with the droopy gun actually looks pretty good other than that, I assume it's just last minute damage rather than modelled that way.

The Blood Raven one looks like it's been made out of MDF via some kind of C&C mill / laser cutting, then had the details added on top, which is pretty effective overall.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ugleb posted:

The Thunderhawk is one of my favourite GW designs, yet I am always confused by the desire of so many nerds to build them at 28mm and attach enormous flight stands.

It's the same people who spend 2 hours loading 30-60cm tall titans and a bunch of tanks onto a table 30cm apart, and then spend the next 10 hours rolling bucket fulls of dice without moving them except to take off the destroyed ones. How is that fun?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

It's the same people who spend 2 hours loading 30-60cm tall titans and a bunch of tanks onto a table 30cm apart, and then spend the next 10 hours rolling bucket fulls of dice without moving them except to take off the destroyed ones. How is that fun?

brain damage

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zark the Damned posted:

The one with the droopy gun actually looks pretty good other than that, I assume it's just last minute damage rather than modelled that way.

The Blood Raven one looks like it's been made out of MDF via some kind of C&C mill / laser cutting, then had the details added on top, which is pretty effective overall.

Building it like that makes it really narrow and goofy-looking (moreso than normal) and that little baby tail doesn't help. Plus it still looks like a bunch of stormraven parts smashed together, no matter how they configure it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

brain damage

If you're playing Warhammer that's a given

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
:stonklol:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The natural progression of 8th edition rules

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I thought part of the reason to play Orkz was to see the giant blob or ineffective soccer hooligans and just win by numbers?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Len posted:

I thought part of the reason to play Orkz was to see the giant blob or ineffective soccer hooligans and just win by numbers?

The few times I took my boyz out for a spin, it was this. You want them to get into melee range where they really shine by getting all choppy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Delete all warhammer please

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
He appears to be playing against a fully painted army. That guy must be dying on the inside. :(

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

I never understood the evolution into Napoleonics in space.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Is that a standard 4'x6' board? Because that looks awfully cramped.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

christ this dude should just go find a hobby he likes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

that guy rules and everyone is mad they didn't think of this first

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Cat Face Joe posted:

that guy rules and everyone is mad they didn't think of this first

The logical next step is to buy a box of models in the shop, walk over to a table, put the box down in your deployment zone and start rolling dice to discover when to remove it from the random chance simulation.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Ugleb posted:

The logical next step is to buy a box of models in the shop, walk over to a table, put the box down in your deployment zone and start rolling dice to discover when to remove it from the random chance simulation.

box?!?

it's a movement tray around my jewel like objects of wonder tyvm

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Ugleb posted:

Inverse Warhammer: whenever a unit loses a model, you have to assemble a model from the box and paint it for the game to continue

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Harcore mode

Whenever a unit dies, smash it to bits with a literal warhammer

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

heroic 28mm is a mistake for a game that seems to want players to use so many units

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

The preferred term is "Flexible Movement Tray."