Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

arisu posted:

What the gently caress why is Milim flashing her rear end the whole episode? God drat it

Pants are not comfy.
Shorts are like pants.

When you can end continents at a whim, every day is casual tuesday. Or super-casual tueday. Or super-duper-ice-cream-with-a-cherry-on-top tuesday if you really want it to be. Who's gonna stop you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This anime keeps getting more adorable. Although it's real hosed up to tease that Rimuru met an adorable bee that carries around a bucket instead of showing it.

Also I want a Gabiru spin off.

Also also

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Electric Phantasm posted:

This anime keeps getting more adorable. Although it's real hosed up to tease that Rimuru met an adorable bee that carries around a bucket instead of showing it.

Also also

the bee is in the op

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ragna probably has shitloads of wind resistance

don't confirm or deny doomrider7 it's a rhetorical statement

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

exploded mummy posted:

the bee is in the op

I know what I'm saying is Rimuru met this bee already, but they decided not to show it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Padoru Padoru

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Also also

@ work. Will make explanatory write up in other thread later tonight.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I know what I'm saying is Rimuru met this bee already, but they decided not to show it.

I wonder how many insects and worms and stuff Rimuru ate when he was just rolling around eating everything he could in the cave. Maybe he rolled over a bee hive or two then.

Ain't nothing like Raw Demon Bee Honey, Tempest City's top roadside seller.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Heres some goo I rolled around in, Eat It!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/ShopCrunchyroll/status/1087500088715472899
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/01/18-1/your-favorite-smol-slime-is-now-a-smol-nendo

Onean fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 22, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

It still throws me that it's a 37 year old man in feminine androgynous body.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

It still throws me that it's a 37 year old man in feminine androgynous body.

Living his best life. Also I just noticed in the good ED (which encapsulates the whole ethos of the show) that Veldora flies with his arms crossed because of course he does.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gyges posted:

I wonder how many insects and worms and stuff Rimuru ate when he was just rolling around eating everything he could in the cave. Maybe he rolled over a bee hive or two then.

Ain't nothing like Raw Demon Bee Honey, Tempest City's top roadside seller.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Pants are not comfy.
Shorts are like pants.

When you can end continents at a whim, every day is casual tuesday. Or super-casual tueday. Or super-duper-ice-cream-with-a-cherry-on-top tuesday if you really want it to be. Who's gonna stop you?

Write-up is done. It's in the other thread under some spoiler tags.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I kind of got the impression from her that she might be a child that ended up being reincarnated in this world and just... never grew up, mentally, but I guess that's not the case

Which actually makes her kind of unique, then, since we have a lot of characters but none of them were idiot children, that classic anime staple, until now

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

OnimaruXLR posted:

I kind of got the impression from her that she might be a child that ended up being reincarnated in this world and just... never grew up, mentally, but I guess that's not the case

Which actually makes her kind of unique, then, since we have a lot of characters but none of them were idiot children, that classic anime staple, until now

Check my post in the other thread.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

doomrider7 posted:

Check my post in the other thread.

If he wanted to know, he'd read a loving wiki.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Patware posted:

i challenge you to post as though you were only watching the anime

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
With regards to spoiler content I tell people to check on the other thread specifically made for that purpose as it deals with discussing the Manga and LN which are WAY ahead of the manga, if it's not being addressed to you or being posted on here but the other thread, what do you guys care so much to pointlessly spam the same comment over and over with no contribution to any discussion?

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 22, 2019

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

arisu posted:

What the gently caress why is Milim flashing her rear end the whole episode? God drat it

It was so good about it until now too, dammit. It's a typical symptom when you overwork your animators, they will start to sexualize everything they work on.

That or the animators just really like Milim and wanted an excuse to work on her for hours.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Patware posted:

V

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Mordaedil posted:

It was so good about it until now too, dammit. It's a typical symptom when you overwork your animators, they will start to sexualize everything they work on.

That or the animators just really like Milim and wanted an excuse to work on her for hours.

It's fine every now and then. If giving the animators some room to play, it prevents it from slipping into every episode. I just wish they didn't use the character who looks and act like a little child for it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mulderman posted:

It's fine every now and then. If giving the animators some room to play, it prevents it from slipping into every episode. I just wish they didn't use the character who looks and act like a little child for it.
I saw the new figurine coming out for her on a twitter feed and it's just like "dangit japan :doh:"

That's two visual disappointments (The Gelb fight finale, this, and the Ogre's can make a third) to balance out the excellent sound direction shown. Your scales are tipping Slime! Don't let them fall over now!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mordaedil posted:

let me see if I can dig up my post reacting to Milim's initial introduction in the manga...

ah yes, here we go.

Captain Invictus posted:

ohhhhh noooooo they've just added a kid in a thong what are you doooooing

edit: OH NO SHE'S LITERALLY A THOUSAND-YEAR-OLD DEMON LORD TURN LEFT SLIME MANGA NOOOOO

(she turned out to not be a bad character in the end in the manga despite the quickly-remedied thong problem, so let's hope horny animators don't gently caress it up too much)

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jan 22, 2019

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

doomrider7 posted:

With regards to spoiler content I tell people to check on the other thread specifically made for that purpose as it deals with discussing the Manga and LN which are WAY ahead of the manga, if it's not being addressed to you or being posted on here but the other thread, what do you guys care so much to pointlessly spam the same comment over and over with no contribution to any discussion?

This is a thread about the anime and a good 10% of the posts in it to this point are you talking about the LN (directly or otherwise). Your enthusiasm is clear, and I'm not ignoring that you've toned it back with the explicit spoilers. However, as someone who is just trying to enjoy the show as it comes and knows where to find the LN/manga thread should I have the urge, I have one request:

Patware posted:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mulderman posted:

I wish I could be hopeful about it, but it's gotten way too normalized over there. Ah well, this isn't really the place to discuss this, since it's otherwise okay about it.

And to be fair, Shion did get some service too.

Besides that, they really pulled a fast one with the dragonnewts, I think some viewers are going to kinda miss. Also Gabiru turned purple, heh.

I can really feel Kazuma in his voice acting, it's making him even more endearing to me.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/nokiro1/status/1087368604889210880

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Mordaedil posted:

I wish I could be hopeful about it, but it's gotten way too normalized over there. Ah well, this isn't really the place to discuss this, since it's otherwise okay about it.

And to be fair, Shion did get some service too.

Besides that, they really pulled a fast one with the dragonnewts, I think some viewers are going to kinda miss. Also Gabiru turned purple, heh.

I can really feel Kazuma in his voice acting, it's making him even more endearing to me.

Yeah, it's one of those things you just gotta accept will happen. Same with Fire Emblem etc.
Gabiru was amazing. He's a badass winged lizardman now, but he's still a complete goober.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

once again though every time a monster evolves to look more human like the lizard ninjas it's extremely disappointing

lizard sister was way cooler before she was a standard anime

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I honestly don't remember what she looks like now (as in, she was part of a group shot and I don't remember which was her), while her lizard design was pretty distinctive.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Patware posted:

lizard sister was way cooler before she was a standard anime

I know this one’s a losing battle but I preferred Rimuru before he had a human form too.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

I honestly don't remember what she looks like now (as in, she was part of a group shot and I don't remember which was her), while her lizard design was pretty distinctive.

its working

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm fairly sure Gabiru's NANI?! was ad libbed since the VA is renowned for doing stuff like that and it adds a lot of humor

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Agronox posted:

I know this one’s a losing battle but I preferred Rimuru before he had a human form too.
i'm fine with it because it's not a permanent change

I agree with the general "prettying up the monsters is the cowards way" sentiment though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

All Rimiru wanted was to play Daily Life With Monster Girl.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

i'm fine with it because it's not a permanent change

I agree with the general "prettying up the monsters is the cowards way" sentiment though

Yeah the oni were basically ok, but the ninja lizards were changed too much.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I read both the web novel translations and manga for this series, and Milim is one of my favorite characters, and maybe it just didn't hit me as hard when seeing the manga illustrations, but her showing crack the whole episode really skeeved me out, and I've been watching anime since the 90s so I feel like I have a pretty high tolerance for this poo poo.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm pretty sure it was worse this episode than it was in the manga.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Onean posted:

I'm pretty sure it was worse this episode than it was in the manga.

The crack thing? Very much yes. It's still very...ugh to me in that regard. Still think her design is incredibly good and like it EXCEPT for how they decided to go about that. The changes to the lizard people and ogres were perfectly fine with me since they were never that distinct in the manga due to the lack of color and the only lizard woman shown being Souka. Anyway, I like all of the redesigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Agronox posted:

I do like that he mostly just hangs around as a slime and only goes human when oposible thumbs or tastebuds would be helpful.

Drinking dairy after a nice hot soak sounds repulsive though. Good on magic world for not having coffee milk, don't fix thing that aren't broke, Rimuru.