Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Evil Canadian posted:

Well BandaiNamco official was the first one to float the rumour so that's pretty dumb of them if they don't intend to do it.

The cool thing about rumors is they aren’t binding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Or they have a selection of viable characters for the winner to choose from.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Wasn't Dizzy added to GGXrd because of a fan vote? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dizzy was a fan voted character, but arcsys provided a selection of characters for fans to vote on. I imagine if Bamco is gonna do that they'll do the same thing, because I doubt they want dude voting for random character like Appule or Frieza Soldier. However, I'm pretty sure every top player has some basic rear end character in mind for who they'd wish for. A lot of the top players aren't really weird with their favorite characters from what I've seen, Kazunoko's even said he wants SS4 Goku who they probably are already planning to put in the game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wish Dr. Rota into the game, you cowards.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Captain Baal posted:

Dizzy was a fan voted character, but arcsys provided a selection of characters for fans to vote on. I imagine if Bamco is gonna do that they'll do the same thing, because I doubt they want dude voting for random character like Appule or Frieza Soldier. However, I'm pretty sure every top player has some basic rear end character in mind for who they'd wish for. A lot of the top players aren't really weird with their favorite characters from what I've seen, Kazunoko's even said he wants SS4 Goku who they probably are already planning to put in the game.

https://twitter.com/sonicfox5000/status/975981143437795329

He wouldn't be an awful addition honestly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I consider Bergamo a basic rear end character even if he does align with Sonicfox's interests

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Bergamo could work, with Basil and Lavender as assists.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bergamo is fine because he was the one person that genuinely tried to stop the genocide of every Universe and only failed because of the evil being that started that endless murder, Son Goku. The only other being that didn't want such a horrible fate to happen is already in FighterZ, twice in fact, so Bergamo should also get his chance.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

put in Jackie Chun

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

The only correct choice is the savior of the universe Mr. Satan.

....I will also accept Devilman.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Bergamo could work, with Basil and Lavender as assists.

Bergamo's entire thing was taking hits to become unreasonably huge then getting loving bodied anyway, I couldn't even begin to think how you'd work anything he does into a proper 2D fighter like Fighterz. Basil's the only one of the three to actually have an identifiable and somewhat unique moveset between his kicks, stomps and his tree of might transformation, but honestly none of the trio de danger have enough going for them to really warrant being a character.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean if GT characters with very limited movesets gets in then they can make up poo poo for wolf boy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's gonna turn big and do an attack for his level 3 and the rest of movelist is gonna be the random energy attacks he did and summoning basil and lavender

He will not be unique or different at all from anyone in particular, but it's incredibly easy to bake up a moveset for him. Bergamo sucks and I'd rather have poo poo tier scrubs than him, but I ain't gonna complain if he gets added.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Plus they have a really stupid name

I’d be willing to bet the winner gets to pick which planned, already conceptualized and designed, new season 2 character gets released first though

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Plus they have a really stupid name

I’d be willing to bet the winner gets to pick which planned, already conceptualized and designed, new season 2 character gets released first though

This seems like the best way forward.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lower HP =more damage

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is no way that rumor is true considering how much effort each character needs to be modeled.

Could be a character for season 3 dlc, DBFZ2 or you get to choose from a list

Not that I think that rumour is particularly believable though

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean if GT characters with very limited movesets gets in then they can make up poo poo for wolf boy.

It's not like SS4 Goku would be particularly hard, considering the three Gokus that are already in the game share a bunch of moves. It'd just be that again, a semi-clone of the Gokus with some of SS4 Goku's flair like the 10x Kamehameha and the Dragon Fist as a level 3.

Which is a good enough reason to include him, really, because the Dragon Fist is awesome.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will swap Goku Black off of my team for SS4 Goku on my team if he has a beam assist and dragon fist because dragon fist is one of the coolest moves in the series

Caros
May 14, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is no way that rumor is true considering how much effort each character needs to be modeled.

I would assume they probably give them a list they can pick from.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
dbs broly was good because all of the lovely side characters were absent

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Relin posted:

dbs broly was good because all of the lovely side characters were absent

Gohan wasn't even mentioned, was he

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i hope gohan is dead and in hfil

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It was funny how Piccolo appeared for like, a second.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
After RoF and ToP I don't ever want to see any of the side characters again unless they actually do something worthwhile with them/have them in gags so I was very happy I saw no sign of random fodder for broly to beat up in the movie to eat 20 minutes of run time

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I finally saw Broly.

That was loving outstanding

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Relin posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Relin posted:

:argh:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Half of Dracula posted:

He wouldn't be an awful addition honestly.

Honestly, Bergamo as the lead, and the rest of the Trio de Danger as his special moves ala Ginyu, he could be a solid fighting game character.

And his level 3 could be he just grows huge and stomps you, ala Jax.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

It was funny how Piccolo appeared for like, a second.

and gokus like "ah, my greatest ally thank you"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Relin posted:

How loving dare you

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I hope Frieza gets comfortable enough encountering Goku without fighting him so he can finally ask who that guy was who cut him in half when he came to earth that one time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Half of Dracula posted:

I hope Frieza gets comfortable enough encountering Goku without fighting him so he can finally ask who that guy was who cut him in half when he came to earth that one time

And I hope Goku explains the whole thing.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Really liked Piccolo in the movie. I think he was handled well.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Goku doesn't understand the Future Trunks stuff at all.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I hope Goku explains the whole thing.

Which leads to Frieza wishing back Cell

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DoctorWhat posted:

Goku doesn't understand the Future Trunks stuff at all.

That's what makes it so funny! I hope he starts drawing diagrams in the dirt.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The sword guy was probably just Vegeta's cousin or somethng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dr.acula posted:

Which leads to Frieza wishing back Cell

Well now that Frieza knows about Fusion, he's gonna need a partner for it....