Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone got a side-by-side comparison of different artists' Dragonball designs? As in, 'Goku as drawn by...'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really enjoyed All Systems Goku guys trying to suss out how Gohan surpassing Goku isnt the end

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

multijoe posted:

https://twitter.com/Datkiddeus/status/1091197716506574853

I don't even know what this is from but extreme lmao

it's a classic, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4yDVKidRqA

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Anyone got a side-by-side comparison of different artists' Dragonball designs? As in, 'Goku as drawn by...'

There was definitely one buried deep back somewhere in this thread, but damned if I remember where

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
DB bootleg toys at Mexico's City Toy Museum. Pictures by Vegeta Latam Dub Actor.
https://twitter.com/renegarcia900/status/1092854583532183554
https://twitter.com/renegarcia900/status/1092854709424193536

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is that a bootleg SSJ3 Vegeta next to the distressingly dark haired SSJ3 Goku?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Insectos

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

Is that a bootleg SSJ3 Vegeta next to the distressingly dark haired SSJ3 Goku?

If you mean the SSJ3 between SSJ4 Goku and Mr Satan, that is just a SSJ3 Goku with Blue Pants.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If you mean the SSJ3 between SSJ4 Goku and Mr Satan, that is just a SSJ3 Goku with Blue Pants.

No, no, look in the back

The two giant ones with the super dark gold hair- is that a bootleg of a SSJ3 Vegets? He doesn't look like he has eyebrows

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

I really enjoyed All Systems Goku guys trying to suss out how Gohan surpassing Goku isnt the end

It's kinda sad really how they keep saying (rightly) that that should be the logical end point for the story but WELP.

Also kinda sad that the eyecatches (that I'd never seen before) apparently spoil Vegito. So like even if you somehow managed to avoid the games and mountains of other content the internet throws at you, the show itself spoils its own big plot moments.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

No, no, look in the back

The two giant ones with the super dark gold hair- is that a bootleg of a SSJ3 Vegets? He doesn't look like he has eyebrows

Ah! no, that is just a regular Vegeta that lost his paint apps :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
There's a Krillin in the front row there that I always saw at toy stores and never wanted. It's like Buu-saga hair Krillin with a machine gun. Made absolutely no sense. https://toywiz.com/dragon-ball-z-series-6-krillin-action-figure/ I think everyone in that line had guns.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Could we have a Broly voiced by Christopher Walken? I feel like that would really work.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Give me Broly voiced by Dave Batista.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Definitely. Broly needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Bumper Stickup posted:

Also good.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Captain Baal posted:

Vic sounded completely fine in the movie though? It's actually probably the best he's sounded voicing that character. Like the dude's a shitbag, but it's not like Broly has been lacking a voice in English that could yell or talk, he's just been lacking one that isn't a gross pervert.

Also Bin Shimada exists

Bin was amazing, his softly spoken Broly was great, but his screams were out of this world. The anguish when his father was killed was devastating, but the very last bout against Gogeta when he was at full power was unbelievably powerful. I love his work.

Vic seems so flat with his yelling in comparison.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Definitely. Broly needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

Don't spoil the next movie

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I mean he IS louder and angrier. And he’s friends with the Z crew now. And... Bulma has a time machine...

...poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Funimation has removed Vic from their Morose Mononokean simuldub this season, so I think that's a pretty tacit confirmation that they're in the market for a new Broly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Funimation has removed Vic from their Morose Mononokean simuldub this season, so I think that's a pretty tacit confirmation that they're in the market for a new Broly.

Thank god. The more that comes out the more frigging creepy the guy sounds.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

BYYYYEEEE

Talvos
Mar 21, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Thank god. The more that comes out the more frigging creepy the guy sounds.

I am clearly missing something on this. From the list of proofs I've seen, the huggy-kissy stuff is a little creepy. But, nothing I would expect this level of outrage for. Then, the allegations for the homophobia are a huge stretch. Is there something more going on here?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Talvos posted:

I am clearly missing something on this. From the list of proofs I've seen, the huggy-kissy stuff is a little creepy. But, nothing I would expect this level of outrage for. Then, the allegations for the homophobia are a huge stretch. Is there something more going on here?

The huggy kissy poo poo has been going on for 15 years or so, and he'd give his number to UNDERAGED girls and be absolutely lovely to con staff.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And the homophobia is not a "huge stretch," it's a clearly demonstrated behavior over those 15 years.

Talvos
Mar 21, 2005

Burkion posted:

he'd give his number to UNDERAGED girls and be absolutely lovely to con staff.

Ah, there it is. Wow, did he really hit on minors? Why didn't anyone report him to the police?

Waffleman_ posted:

And the homophobia is not a "huge stretch," it's a clearly demonstrated behavior over those 15 years.

Can you direct me to some examples? Most of what I found involved not wanting so sign yaoi or saying that he didn't think a character was gay.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Talvos posted:

and the people who have known him for years finally not putting up with his poo poo isn't some kind of hint to what kind of guy he is?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think he ever took it to anything that would be explicitly illegal.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

At this point basically every notable va is openly poo poo talking the guy, he's done

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Talvos posted:

Ah, there it is. Wow, did he really hit on minors? Why didn't anyone report him to the police?

Can you direct me to some examples? Most of what I found involved not wanting so sign yaoi or saying that he didn't think a character was gay.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lVWMh40jSWsQaqKXvTsb4IFhUQ4mHZhT6S7Ywk9tV-o/mobilebasic

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Talvos posted:

He refused to sign fanart depicting a character he played as gay, claiming that he did not want to sign non-canon works as the character was not gay. However, the big thing is that he signed a lot of fanart in his time. So that explanation seems like a pretty weak excuse for just not wanting to sign a gay thing.

Which like, in the grand scheme of things isn't horribly bad, but it's still kinda lovely.

Talvos
Mar 21, 2005

Saagonsa posted:

He refused to sign fanart depicting a character he played as gay, claiming that he did not want to sign non-canon works as the character was not gay. However, the big thing is that he signed a lot of fanart in his time. So that explanation seems like a pretty weak excuse for just not wanting to sign a gay thing.

Which like, in the grand scheme of things isn't horribly bad, but it's still kinda lovely.

Seems to me, he was trying to be non-confrontational for not wanting to sign stuff like that. I don't see anything wrong with that. Heck, if you tried to get a voice actress to sign some off-brand fanart of their character, I bet the fan would be accused of harassment.

Wow... Some of that is beyond creepy. Why did they continue to invite him back to conventions with behavior like this?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because Vic was a name in the business with friends and connections and no one throughout the last 15+ years was about to rock the boat and risk losing their jobs trying to cut Vic out of anything. Especially in the american voice acting industry at one point where finding quality people who are readily accessible was a difficult thing for a long time and Vic was always readily accessible and always a good actor and voiced characters people liked a lot.

poo poo has changed a lot in the past while and it's good people have come out to talk about it now so poo poo like this can stop happening.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Talvos posted:

Wow... Some of that is beyond creepy. Why did they continue to invite him back to conventions with behavior like this?

The fact that he was friends with the guy who ran Funimation and was EXTREMELY popular as a voice actor.

The voice actress for Bulma HAS called him out in the past, but no one would listen or do anything about it. Or could do anything.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Burkion posted:

The fact that he was friends with the guy who ran Funimation and was EXTREMELY popular as a voice actor.

The voice actress for Bulma HAS called him out in the past, but no one would listen or do anything about it. Or could do anything.

Sean Schemmel has been making GBS threads on him forever too.

One of the other main things is that Vic had a huge obsessive fanbase, voicing Edward Elric will do that. So if you said anything bad about Vic you'd be shouted down by all of his fans.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Talvos posted:

Seems to me, he was trying to be non-confrontational for not wanting to sign stuff like that. I don't see anything wrong with that. Heck, if you tried to get a voice actress to sign some off-brand fanart of their character, I bet the fan would be accused of harassment.

Huh? He did sign fanart though. It was pretty specifically fanart depicting the characters he voiced as gay that he took issue with.

Like if it was a blanket policy of "no fanart" it'd be fine, but that's not really the case.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Relying on conventions to change anything is hilarious too. Having had an ear around the convention scene around Dallas/Fort Worth for a while now, it's a goddamn miracle some of them are even able to come back each year somewhat competently. Asking them to actually follow up or do anything about lovely guests? Good luck.

In any case, glad to hear it. Now what's this I hear about pre-production starting up with Dragon Ball Superer?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gonzo McFee posted:

Peter Jackson's the Namek saga is split into three films and somehow lasts longer than the original run.
No go unless Film 1 ends right when Goku finds the end of Snake Way

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Dragon Ball Super GT: This time we're both going to be safe and just say gently caress it, End of Z is not canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Should’ve put Uub in the tournament of power