Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Rustam is going to with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

or Yuri.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

I attack calf slicers off of shin to shin versus a kneeling opponent, and every so often I have to weigh future children versus a submission.

edit: In sad news, I have an actual job now and have to go to night classes and it sucks I feel I have nothing for energy. How do people do this?

People make excuses, not show up, and make slow progress.

I just got a job too, but the new bjj school has an expansive schedule so I'm going to try out morning classes.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Defenestrategy posted:

edit: In sad news, I have an actual job now and have to go to night classes and it sucks I feel I have nothing for energy. How do people do this?

Since my school does exclusively night classes, a few things I picked up

a. if you can nap, nap beforehand
b. your body will adapt if you give it time
c. if you are body tired, go. Your body will wake up. If you are head tired, don't go.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
always go though

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If you're head tired just reap knees until satan gives you strength

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Since my school does exclusively night classes, a few things I picked up

c. if you are body tired, go. Your body will wake up. If you are head tired, don't go.

Are we talking about the difference between being sleepy and, what, stressed? Fatigued or sore from a previous work out? I do gym morning bjj evening, and the answer for me way to squeeze in another hour of sleep.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Are we talking about the difference between being sleepy and, what, stressed? Fatigued or sore from a previous work out? I do gym morning bjj evening, and the answer for me way to squeeze in another hour of sleep.

Like, if you are alert but dont have a lot of energy, I call that body tired. If you are slow to respond, or think, or just kind of dazed, I call that head tired.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok, gotcha. Yeah if that happens go to bed, you're dead on your feet and exhausted.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I'm always head tired

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
I like rolling head tired, you figure out what you've really got engrained. Hate learning new 18 step inverted helicopter butterfly saddle entries when I'm head tired, I just tell my partner I'd rather not waste both our time and rep something similar but simpler on my turn.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Wangsbig posted:

I'm always head tired

:same:

If anything I feel like going to train when I’m mentally worn out is actually the best thing I can do as it’s one of the few times during my week when I can shut out and take a break from the normal stress of the rest of life.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

I like rolling head tired, you figure out what you've really got engrained. Hate learning new 18 step inverted helicopter butterfly saddle entries when I'm head tired, I just tell my partner I'd rather not waste both our time and rep something similar but simpler on my turn.

For me it feels like I am risking my or my partners safety

I only rolled head tired once and got in a lot of bad spots because I couldn't protect myself

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The worst for me was rolling on accutane. 20 minutes in and all the tendons in my body are screaming and I would feel like I escaped a car accident for the next week

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think we are, or maybe just I am, conflating "so tired you cant keep your head up while sitting down" and "can't think because stressed out".

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I dunno, I just feel really sleepy and just can't really shake the groginess. Someone passes my guard, and I curl up and just kinda take a nap while my opponent does a ton of work, gets tired or frustrated, and then I lazily hit a reversal like four minutes into a five minute round.

edit: May start getting up at 5:00 to hit the 6:00am class before work like a savage, might be better.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 6, 2019

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I have always felt better throughout the day when I start my day training. I hate having to plan my eating and errands etc around getting to class at 6, much easier to just wake up and go.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

I always feel gross before my 7am class and then in class I feel fine and after class I feel great, not hungry but I eat anyway, coffee being a must.

Love doing an early class!

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I'm working ft and 1 class hour short of being a full time student. In the past I was doing that and traveling weekly sun - Thur.

... Some days you pull half guard, wiggle around a little, get stomped and go home.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yep. I show up, do class, get 3-4 5-6 minute rounds of rolls in, and head home to see my girlfriend.

Train when you can because what you can is better than nothing.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Managed to almost knock myself out or have my partner drive my head into the mat today as I rolled for a kneebar. Good times.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Xguard86 posted:

... Some days you pull half guard, wiggle around a little, get stomped and go home.

Erryday

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

your jiu jistu motivation of the day

https://deadspin.com/colorado-runner-kills-mountain-lion-with-his-bare-hands-1832365312

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mata Leão da Montanha?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Im super mad they dont describe the choke hold he used to kill a lion because I want to know what chokehold he used on a lion

Like, was it a guillotine? Was it a rear naked choke?

Did he manage to get top control and apply an ezekiel or cross collar

how did this man choke out this lion

tell me

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Pretty sure he just beat it to death with a rock.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

JaySB posted:

Pretty sure he just beat it to death with a rock.

The official medical report shows the lion died of suffocation

That dude choked out a lion

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Lions and Mountain Lions are not the same thing. I'm sure it was an RNC or he smothered it with his jacket. No one would pull guard or attempt a frontal attack on an animal that has knives for hands, feet and teeth.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

JaySB posted:

Lions and Mountain Lions are not the same thing. I'm sure it was an RNC or he smothered it with his jacket. No one would pull guard or attempt a frontal attack on an animal that has knives for hands, feet and teeth.

What if he had a really strong lockdown game

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 8, 2019

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
homeboy mobn sprawled right over that big cat

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Probably shoulder of justice from side control.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Im super mad they dont describe the choke hold he used to kill a lion because I want to know what chokehold he used on a lion

Like, was it a guillotine? Was it a rear naked choke?

Did he manage to get top control and apply an ezekiel or cross collar

how did this man choke out this lion

tell me

There's a bar in Jackson Hole with a stuffed bear that was killed by some trapper or something with his bare [bear] hands. The little plaque says he choked it to death, but describes how he jammed his fist down the bear's throat, suffocating it. I took it more to mean that the bear tried to eat the trapper, arm-first, and choked on its meal.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Just make sure if you're RNCing a mountain lion that you don't cross your ankles because they all 100% know the ankle lock counter

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If you start by heel hooking the mountain lion it can't claw you when you take its back.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

What are some good joint locks I should go for if I cant get the choke on a lion.

I feel like you could get a decent kimura

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What are some good joint locks I should go for if I cant get the choke on a lion.

I feel like you could get a decent kimura

A crucifix with hip pressure on their back would rip both of a quadriped's front legs straight out of their shoulder socket.

Or so I hear.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

twister

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know some of ya'll are gonna try this poo poo out on your pets

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dave Grool posted:

I know some of ya'll are gonna try this poo poo out on your pets

I hit rolling back takes to RNC on my dog all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Someone post the jiu jitsu pitbull