Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wish we more more of a reaction from Shinso when he was told he was getting into the hero course, but I chose to believe this is what happened:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
That was a nice little arc, the breaks and the short chapters were a bit annoying though. I look forward to rereading it sometime. Did Shinso get a chance to use his voice box?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

dazoner posted:

That was a nice little arc, the breaks and the short chapters were a bit annoying though. I look forward to rereading it sometime. Did Shinso get a chance to use his voice box?

Yes. During the first battle.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

I wish we more more of a reaction from Shinso when he was told he was getting into the hero course, but I chose to believe this is what happened:

That's cute.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah, Japanese schools shuffle the students around every year if there's more than one class and there's two at UA so there's definitely gonna be some kind of shake-up. I don't know if the manga is bold enough to remove one of the major players like Bakugo or Todoroki but just about anyone else I could see getting swapped out. There's definitely more than those two that I would rather not leave, of course, those are just the two I think definitely won't leave the core cast.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

will aizawa mr feeny his way to be the homeroom teacher next year

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah, Japanese schools shuffle the students around every year if there's more than one class and there's two at UA so there's definitely gonna be some kind of shake-up. I don't know if the manga is bold enough to remove one of the major players like Bakugo or Todoroki but just about anyone else I could see getting swapped out. There's definitely more than those two that I would rather not leave, of course, those are just the two I think definitely won't leave the core cast.

bakugou or todoroki leaving for a year to come back full badass in year three would be pretty cool

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Elfgames posted:

bakugou or todoroki leaving for a year to come back full badass in year three would be pretty cool
It would be, honestly. And it'd be funny to see some declaration between either pair with the other swearing to Deku that they'll come back stronger than ever when they meet again as if the two classes aren't probably literally next door to each other

But I just think they're both far too marketable to ever leave since every major story event has to involve the class that Deku's in.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dazoner posted:

Besides the first battle, he apparently mimicked Ochako in the last one; Deku was jumping around ahead and then lured off by the sound of Ochako screaming, then later we cut back to the others commenting on how it must have been Shinso since, you know, Ochako was right there with them. Mina even mentioned that she wished she could have seen Shinso making that scream with his listless expression.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dragonatrix posted:

Japanese school years end in March and start in April.

Ah I thought the year would have started soon after the Entrance Exam which was in February. Thanks for the correction.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The class gets all shuffled around in the second year, then they time-skip to the third year where all the 1-A kids end up in the same class again.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Rhonne posted:

The class gets all shuffled around in the second year, then they time-skip to the third year where all the 1-A kids end up in the same class again.

Ojiro is now half cyborg. It's never addressed and he still doesn't do anything.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mulderman posted:

Ojiro now has a cybernetic hand. It's never addressed, except for Todoroki looking at it anxiously. He still doesn't do anything.

FTFY :v:

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It would be, honestly. And it'd be funny to see some declaration between either pair with the other swearing to Deku that they'll come back stronger than ever when they meet again as if the two classes aren't probably literally next door to each other

Kirishima gets transferred to Class 1-B and makes a vow to Bakugo that he'd come back stronger than ever.

Skip to the third year and Tetsutetsu comes back, with no one noticing anything different.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mulderman posted:

Ojiro is now half cyborg. It's never addressed and he still doesn't do anything.

His gi is black and he has a metal hand for some reason

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Put Monoma in Class 1-A and watch all of his boasting and grandstanding over the past year amount to nothing.

Rhonne posted:

Adorable. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what Monoma is like when he's not obsessing over beating those 1-A jerks? Hopefully we'll find out with this Eri visit.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

His gi is black and he has a metal hand for some reason

AfO has a Vader theme. Clearly Ojiro is the traitor, because AfO is his father. :v:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what Monoma is like when he's not obsessing over beating those 1-A jerks? Hopefully we'll find out with this Eri visit.

wait until he finds out who Eri's idol is

I hope we get to see Eri in Aizawa's ridiculous clothes

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what Monoma is like when he's not obsessing over beating those 1-A jerks?

I cannot conceive of Monoma ever not being sociopathically obsessed with 1-A.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The platonic ideal of Monoma

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monoma is great

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Monoma seems quite competent when not off on one of his comedy rants against Class A. It's unfortunate we don't really see him outside the context of the two classes directly competing/him otherwise slinging poo poo at Class A, because it would be nice to see more of him than the one joke ad nauseam.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah when you see Monoma talking with Shinso he seems genuinely interested in interacting with him cause he sympathizes with Shinso's quirk situation; I wouldn't be surprised if Monoma is pretty friendly when he's not obsessed with Class A, if somewhat pompous.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Other class 1-B have said stuff to that effect too a couple times, including Kendou.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Other class 1-B have said stuff to that effect too a couple times, including Kendou.

Yeah. You don't dominate a class like he's said to without something in the positives department.

Monoma's over-the-top, but he seems to value his classmates as equals. Like, he never talks about how great he is, but he does talk a lot about the glories of 1-B. Him failing a test is fine, as long as the class as a whole did well.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Him failing a test is fine, as long as at least two class a students did as well.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

New Vigilantes

We're having a big farewell party for Captain Celebrity at the Tokyo Sky Egg and everyone's invited! Nothing could possibly go wrong!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
No death flags here! This will definitely end in zero tears!

Given the level of buildup, I think this might be a swerve to where All Might gets destroyed by All For One.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Squidster posted:

Given the level of buildup, I think this might be a swerve to where All Might gets destroyed by All For One.

He's already in weak form, though, so the AFO event was prior to the Vigilantes.

Also:

WASHA!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

SKULL.GIF posted:

He's already in weak form, though, so the AFO event was prior to the Vigilantes.
I think he's still running at 100% in Vigilantes, and he transforms into Small Might as a disguise, not because he's forced to. If he'd been critically wounded, our All-might-obsessed fanboy protagonist would have brought that up by now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Squidster posted:

I think he's still running at 100% in Vigilantes, and he transforms into Small Might as a disguise, not because he's forced to. If he'd been critically wounded, our All-might-obsessed fanboy protagonist would have brought that up by now.

The general public never knew about the injuries from All Might's first scuffle with AFO.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Squidster posted:

This is after the fight with All For One as it was only after that incident that he split with Sir Nighteye

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It really sucks, it's not available on Manga Plus for some reason so that makes it harder to read.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is available on the Shounen Jump app I Think.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

New Vigilantes

We're having a big farewell party for Captain Celebrity at the Tokyo Sky Egg and everyone's invited! Nothing could possibly go wrong!

I'm glad that Makoto continues to be the most powerful force in this series. :allears:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It is available on the Shounen Jump app I Think.

that's only in america which I think is the problem here

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's only in america which I think is the problem here

I live in Korea. Both apps are unavailable to my region.

I just downloaded the apk then paid for a subscription. Besides it taking a second or two for the app to realize I am a paying account, and the paid chapters not being available to me after I leave my phone, forcing me to go back to the series list and select the series again, I've had no issues.

If I could find the Manga Plus app I'd download and install that too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Installed Manga Plus but the thing is still region locked for me...

Oh well. That's what my VPN app is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

amigolupus posted:

I'm glad that Makoto continues to be the most powerful force in this series. :allears:

I'm sure they'll be safe, Pro Hero Wash is attending.