Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/GoteborgsPosten/status/1094905403761221632

Looks like making an enemy of literally everyone finally caught up to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

https://twitter.com/GoteborgsPosten/status/1094905403761221632

Looks like making an enemy of literally everyone finally caught up to her.

Can someone explain this kerfuffle or provide a nicely comprehensive smary of who hosed up?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Aktuellt is airing a segment on it in like 3 minutes.

EDIT: Moods are at an all-time high:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 11, 2019

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/danielswedin/status/1095066480222392325

Drama intensifying.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Haha, this is so loving stupid I don't even..

Have you made a phone call to the swedish health care system outside of office hours in the last 6 years? Congrats, that phone call has been recorded and uploaded to an open cloud server facing the internet. Today it was taken down because a magazine wrote an article. It's been accessible to anyone with the address (or Shodan) for all this time.

:psyboom:

https://computersweden.idg.se/2.2683/1.714787/inspelade-samtal-1177-vardguiden-oskyddade-internet

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IT-security is by far one of the heaviest casualties of New Public Management.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

IT-security is by far one of the heaviest casualties of New Public Management.

Well I think the retention of employed staff in all disciplines is very loving bad and getting ever worse, so.

In short, a pox on Irene Svensonius and all her ilk.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
IT is really fuckin bad, and from reading the article I think this happened because the people making the call centre software didn't think that the calls could contain sensitive information. And then they went ahead and sold it to someone handling sensitive information.

I've pointed out extreme security breaches to clients who have shrugged their shoulders. In some cases they know and want it to be that way, because the lack of security allows them to do something easy and convenient. Luckily it's never been putting people in risk, only themselves

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
It was a private company that leaked the calls right?

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Subcontractor of a subcontractor

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

zokie posted:

typical

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

zokie posted:

Based in the military ruled democracy of Thailand no less.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

Based in the military ruled democracy of Thailand no less.

No that part apparently kinda-ish makes sense (after asking around). If you're going to run a night-call service then it's cheaper to just fly the workforce 12 hours away and have them working swedish nights at whatever-countries day. Of course, passing sensitive information across borders whether through phone-lines or the internet is a massive exposure to risk in a different way.

zokie posted:

It's just such staggering incompetency. Every additional organization introduced into the security mag-pie is in itself a security risk. :psyduck:

And it's not like there aren't other ways to do this. Västra Götaland Regionen is the biggest provider of 1177 calls, and they just operate their own call center in-house. You know, like someone sane would.

Also for those that haven't seen, this is the website of the company who sold the telephone solution to Medicall:

https://twitter.com/mansj/status/1097515992908029957

Avgå alla.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Also for those that haven't seen, this is the website of the company who sold the telephone solution to Medicall:

Avgå alla.

quote:

– Vi har kollat upp detta med vår it, och det du säger är helt omöjligt, säger Davide Nyblom, vd på Medicall.

Men jag har ju filerna framför mig nu?

– Jag har kollat med vår it och det kan inte hända.

Vill du att jag ska spela upp en fil?

Här lägger Davide Nyblom på luren.

Only good, competent IT all around.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Beeswax posted:

Only good, competent IT all around.

They don't even pretend to have an it-department.

http://www.medicall.nu/vanliga-fragor.aspx

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Seriously though, this website is buck wild. The pictures at the top of the front page actually pop out like a gallery, rather thank linking to stuff.

https://www.voiceintegrate.com/se

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

No that part apparently kinda-ish makes sense (after asking around). If you're going to run a night-call service then it's cheaper to just fly the workforce 12 hours away and have them working swedish nights at whatever-countries day. Of course, passing sensitive information across borders whether through phone-lines or the internet is a massive exposure to risk in a different way.

Yeah sure that argument can be made, I would just prefer if it was another country, like australia or something.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Beeswax posted:

Seriously though, this website is buck wild. The pictures at the top of the front page actually pop out like a gallery, rather thank linking to stuff.

https://www.voiceintegrate.com/se

Vi är en svensk teleoperatör, tillika ISP (Internet Service Provider) och har utvecklat och driver en modern webb och IP-baserad "kommunikationsfabrik" tillsammans med olika integreringstjänster för dator och internet-tjänster.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Cynic Jester posted:

Vi är en svensk teleoperatör, tillika ISP (Internet Service Provider) och har utvecklat och driver en modern webb och IP-baserad "kommunikationsfabrik" tillsammans med olika integreringstjänster för dator och internet-tjänster.

Min favorit är ShiftPlanning, där någon översatt namnet och lagt till en "kontakta oss för mer information" i slutet av leverantörens engelska säljtext. :effort:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

It's just such staggering incompetency. Every additional organization introduced into the security mag-pie is in itself a security risk. :psyduck:

And it's not like there aren't other ways to do this. Västra Götaland Regionen is the biggest provider of 1177 calls, and they just operate their own call center in-house. You know, like someone sane would.

Avgå alla.

Wait, does this mean VGR calls were not affected by this disaster?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

MiddleOne posted:

Avgå alla.

:psyduck:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kan vi etablera "offentlig-privat samverkan" som en svordom?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Kan vi etablera "offentlig-privat samverkan" som en svordom?

Maybe as a slur? loving O-PS

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Appropriately enough, Ygeman is now responsible for digitalization.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Could be worse, your collapsing healthcare system could have invested several billion in a brand new all-in-one IT system that was to make most of the secretaries superfluous, but in reality bogged down doctors and nurses in endless paperwork, errors, and half-finished functions. It also does funny stuff like print the wrong dose on your medicine. It's now being scrapped in favour of the much cheaper one every other region uses, because of course.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Cardiac posted:

Appropriately enough, Ygeman is now responsible for digitalization.

No, that was just a joke.

Right?

:suicide:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

A friends wife was outraged after the whole thing but she rebuffed my efforts to blame the system and instead talked about how they will soon catch the guilty people (the ones who revealed it)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

According to a lying sleazebag on the news the reason for the unsafe medical calls storage was because someone had accidentally connected the server to the internet. Oh there was a socket for a cable and someone had thought a cable had fallen out and connected it. Yeah. Because there would totally be a random internet cable just lying directly beneath it. Obvious lie and bullshit. But given their competence they could reasonably have people who just plug in random cables and have no idea what a server is for. Idiots. How would they even get the data to it if it's totally offline anyway?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's comically clear they have no idea what they're talking about.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Poil posted:

According to a lying sleazebag on the news the reason for the unsafe medical calls storage was because someone had accidentally connected the server to the internet. Oh there was a socket for a cable and someone had thought a cable had fallen out and connected it. Yeah. Because there would totally be a random internet cable just lying directly beneath it. Obvious lie and bullshit. But given their competence they could reasonably have people who just plug in random cables and have no idea what a server is for. Idiots. How would they even get the data to it if it's totally offline anyway?

Also it's not really in any way appropriate or legal to have all that data on an unsecured server EVEN IF it was not connected to the internet. Random employees have no right to access any of the files on their intranet either.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SplitSoul posted:

Could be worse, your collapsing healthcare system could have invested several billion in a brand new all-in-one IT system that was to make most of the secretaries superfluous, but in reality bogged down doctors and nurses in endless paperwork, errors, and half-finished functions. It also does funny stuff like print the wrong dose on your medicine. It's now being scrapped in favour of the much cheaper one every other region uses, because of course.

Cou.d be even worse. Could have about a third, if not more, of the politicians in parliament actively working to undermine the hospital sector. Constantly reducing the budget of those hospitals, despite society never being wealthier as a whole, to 'starve the beast' with the intended purpose being to lower the hospital quality so much, that public opinion goes against nationalized healthcare and supports privatization - as already partially happened with schools. This is done, despite knowing that privatized healthcare is, in almost all cases, more expensive and of worse quality than public, but because they think that a society were people are scared of losing - or being to unable to afford - healthcare, is better for economic growth, and because they want people to be serfs and indentured servants to the wealthy and capital.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Link!!

Potrzebie posted:

Also it's not really in any way appropriate or legal to have all that data on an unsecured server EVEN IF it was not connected to the internet. Random employees have no right to access any of the files on their intranet either.
This. They gonna get smacked with a GDPR-sized brick in the face if there's any justice in this world.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Cou.d be even worse. Could have about a third, if not more, of the politicians in parliament actively working to undermine the hospital sector. Constantly reducing the budget of those hospitals, despite society never being wealthier as a whole, to 'starve the beast' with the intended purpose being to lower the hospital quality so much, that public opinion goes against nationalized healthcare and supports privatization - as already partially happened with schools. This is done, despite knowing that privatized healthcare is, in almost all cases, more expensive and of worse quality than public, but because they think that a society were people are scared of losing - or being to unable to afford - healthcare, is better for economic growth, and because they want people to be serfs and indentured servants to the wealthy and capital.

Don't forget the sitting PM who deliberately and for years vastly overpaid private hospitals to bring down public waiting lists.

Just google Sundhedsplatformen, should be enough to keep you entertained for days.

Also, I thought the GDPR made it easier for states to retain and cross-reference data on citizens without consent?

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Feb 20, 2019

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I don't know about that, but what it did is introduce actual consequences which the directive PuL came from did not.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

SplitSoul posted:

Don't forget the sitting PM who deliberately and for years vastly overpaid private hospitals to bring down public waiting lists.

Just google Sundhedsplatformen, should be enough to keep you entertained for days.

Also, I thought the GDPR made it easier for states to retain and cross-reference data on citizens without consent?

Don't know about easier, but with the generally established legality/legitimate use clause states can pretty much write their own rules in regards to what they retain and cross-reference. Then again, they could do that before, so...

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
To me the Voice Intergrate site tells me they spend more time on the development part rather than making it look snazzy.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The point of GDPR is to go after Google/Facebook/Amazon. States can (and do!) add loopholes in the law for their own services. If you've got conscientious people working on these things you will find that they'll try to prioritize adopting some of the best practices outlines in GDPR law, but they won't have any real legal pressure to perform that work on any set timetable, nor will they explore alternatives to keeping your personal information if they feel they have a reasonable use for requiring it.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Is this going to be something that can stick to Ygeman and make him go away?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Pitt posted:

Is this going to be something that can stick to Ygeman and make him go away?

What, no.

He, like many S broilers before him, sticks like a leech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Yeah, GDPR should gently caress up these people good and hard. My wife works in school, and they can get fined up to 20 million SEK if a child's personal information is somehow made accessible to people who should not have that access, even if the data is only available on secured, internal networks.