Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

asterioth posted:

Gamestop's got a sale going on right now with some good prices:
https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-model+kit,28zu0,13162-6

RG Sinanju $21

MG Jegan $23

MG 00 QAN[T] Full Saber $33

High Grade UC 1/144 Dijeh $12

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Laevatein Ver.IV $23

HG Guard Frame $10

RE/100 Jagd Doga $27.50

Edit: Apparently if you have a store nearby that has them they're 75% off there

I do... I have one near by that has them... Someone stop me I just opened up the Astaroth, I don't need more...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Hello page 666

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
That is some stellar pricing. Hop on all of those.

For reference the MG 00 QAN[T] Full Saber here in Aus goes for around $100

Puddin fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 21, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

ver. anemone

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

God drat that looks good

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

It looks like the builder was unbound by the weight of gravity when he or she assembled it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Scut posted:

Crossposting from the scale model thread. This is the first scale model I built in a couple decades. I had read about how easy the Bandai kits are to assemble and it seemed like a good idea to go easy on myself until I'm up to speed. Add me to the giant list of people swooning over how high quality these kits are, for virtually pocket change. I wish I could get Maschinen Krieger kits this easily.

I gave my LEO NPD a custom paint job and experimented on some chipping and weathering. Turned out pretty nice.

I'll be sure to come back and post bulky, rusty, monstrosities that will horrify you all once I get my kitbashing skills together.

This looks really great - thanks for sharing it here!

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Anyone have experience with the Gaia flat clear or GX114? Wondering how they compare to Vallejo's Mecha matt.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Puddin posted:

That is some stellar pricing. Hop on all of those.

For reference the MG 00 QAN[T] Full Saber here in Aus goes for around $100

Jesus Christ that price is pretty much double the US $55 dollar price :stare:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scut posted:

Crossposting from the scale model thread. This is the first scale model I built in a couple decades. I had read about how easy the Bandai kits are to assemble and it seemed like a good idea to go easy on myself until I'm up to speed. Add me to the giant list of people swooning over how high quality these kits are, for virtually pocket change. I wish I could get Maschinen Krieger kits this easily.

I gave my LEO NPD a custom paint job and experimented on some chipping and weathering. Turned out pretty nice.

I'll be sure to come back and post bulky, rusty, monstrosities that will horrify you all once I get my kitbashing skills together.

Excuse me, this thread is for actual Gunpla kits, not your hand-pressed and half-rusted painted tin replicas, thankyou :goonsay:.

If you want to really go down the Gunpla kitbashing rabbit hole, your next stop should be the HGBC line of accessory packs :unsmigghh:.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hell yeah, new Kshatriya kit gets announced when we're on the Kshatriya page

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Gripweed posted:

hell yeah, new Kshatriya kit gets announced when we're on the Kshatriya page

So what’s up with these three kingdoms kits? Is this a manga or something?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Solkanar512 posted:

So what’s up with these three kingdoms kits? Is this a manga or something?

51 episode anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhYLtTAt58A

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Speaking of Kshatriya: http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/metal-build-nz-666

For anyone who has 260 US dollars to spare on a 1/100 scale "metal build" figure.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I want a MG Kshatriya so bad

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Oh, they finally released the Metal Build Kshatriya!
... oh god I can't justify that, I'll just build the HG

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Yawgmoft posted:

You and me both buddy.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

I'd settle for the RE they teased.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

asterioth posted:

Gamestop's got a sale going on right now with some good prices:
https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-model+kit,28zu0,13162-6

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed a Guard Frame, Dijeh, an astromech droid, and a Gamestop-exclusive Haro.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/haropla-haro-shooting-orange-clear-version-only-gamestop/165717

How does Gamestop of all places get an exclusive kit?

Edit: Sinaju, 00 & the Jigen are sold out now.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Moai Ou posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed a Guard Frame, Dijeh, an astromech droid, and a Gamestop-exclusive Haro.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/haropla-haro-shooting-orange-clear-version-only-gamestop/165717

How does Gamestop of all places get an exclusive kit?

Edit: Sinaju, 00 & the Jigen are sold out now.

It's not completely Gamestop exclusive, in Japan it's been sold as an event exclusive as well.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

New 30 Minutes Mission stuff is up along with a fairly detailed video of how they're constructed. (Exactly the same as the Leo pretty much)

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/30minutes_missions/

And a little bit of info on the RG Crossbone too. Apparently the red accents on the head are decals :smith: It has a fully docking core fighter and opening mouth vent though.
https://bandai-hobby.net/site/road-to-40th/

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

New 30 Minutes Mission stuff is up along with a fairly detailed video of how they're constructed. (Exactly the same as the Leo pretty much)

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/30minutes_missions/

Not a bad preview, but you'd think they'd actually show some stuff that plugs into the accessory tabs.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

yes hello here's my wallet gimme this in mg

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ignimbrite posted:

yes hello here's my wallet gimme this in mg

coward, I’m holding out for the perfect grade

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Taintrunner posted:

coward, I’m holding out for the perfect grade

Every grade of that would be perfect.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Midjack posted:

I'd settle for the RE they teased.

You really couldn't do it justice in RE grade.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I finished putting together MG Buster Gundam today and I liked it a lot. In parts it reminded me of the Wing MG series and I really enjoyed putting those together too. It's definitely pushed the rest of the SEED original five up on my to buy list.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

EthanSteele posted:

Every grade of that would be perfect.

What suit would be the best to use as a custom kitbash for Perfect Cell?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Arcsquad12 posted:

Master Gundam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyGqFic-wnU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arcsquad12 posted:

Perfect Cell would be a good starting point

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

Perfect Cell would be a good starting point

And then turn him into Mecha Perfect Cell.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Has anyone ever built a model kit of any of the modern BattleTech designs? I know for a while in the eighties and nineties you could get imported Dougram and Votoms kits under like a Robotech license deal but I want, like, a good, articulated Atlas that I don't have to glue and would look at home next to mah Gundams.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

The Muffinlord posted:

Has anyone ever built a model kit of any of the modern BattleTech designs?

Depends. Do you own a high-quality 3D printer? If so, I can point you in a good direction.

If not, your only option is getting a "museum scale" miniature from Iron Wind Metals. All would require glue and likely cleaning up of some sort (I believe they're primarily resin kits (I'm wrong they're solid pewter)).

Edit: They're about 1:125 scale. I can't say I'd recommend IWM's museum scale miniatures though. The proportions feel a little off on the Atlas.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 22, 2019

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did those new Battletech tabletop minis with sculpts based off the MechWarrior Online designs ever release? I remember seeing the box art for one of the planned boxes.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 23, 2019

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
3D printed stuff is probably your only bet. The Battletech line has been mired in such a mess you'd have a hard time finding anything.

You can track down stuff that was made for the original series that Battletech repurposed but you're probably out of luck having them look good without a lot of work. I think Macross is really the only series that's still active with model kits, but it's nowhere near as developed as Gundam is (most things aren't) and it's not always Bandai-designed so quality will vary. The other problem is that Destroid stuff is generally going to be older because the series gets more and more transformable fighter-laden over time, with Destroids primarily featuring in Macross Zero and the original series/movie.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I saw two different boxes of a new battletech release in my hobby shop that had miniatures based on the newer mechwarrior online designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did those new Battletech tabletop minis with sculpts based off the MechWarrior Online design ever release? I remember seeing the box art for one of the planned boxes.

The new boxed sets did release, but the designs aren't based on the MWO designs. There's an Awesome, a Catapult, a Commando, and then some resculpts of the "safe" reseen, the BattleMaster, Shadow Hawk, Locust, Wolverine, and Thunderbolt. They're also the best quality plastics BattleTech has ever had.

I included an MWO-style Annihilator, an MWO-style Awesome, and an old (lovely) CityTech Timberwolf for comparison. The Annihilator and Awesome were both acquired through a third-party retailer. There's no official way to get models of the MWO sculpts but they're generally pretty nice.

If you're wanting a big showpiece model you're really going to want to just rip the model out of MWO and 3D print it.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 23, 2019