Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nobody grins evilly like a goat.

This makes how many Satans that Goku and pals have fought now?

None? He's his son's father in law and an incredibly brave and respectable man who was instrumental on stopping a terrible demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Satan has canonically kicked Goku’s rear end.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

This is their first true Satan because I will only acknowledge ultra powerful goats as Satans so in conclusion Hail Satan

hail satan

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I still want to know how hercule handled the fight against the giant monster man after Goku left

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Billzasilver posted:

Satan has canonically kicked Goku’s rear end.

Forgot my tractor! Aaaaah!

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

some of this actually rules, more interesting takes on tuffle baby parasites by taking over U6 saiyans, weird alternate universe god-killing bojack, HOWEVER they have Hit throw a generic purple energy blast and Hit doesn't use energy blasts. 0/10

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Half of Dracula posted:

some of this actually rules, more interesting takes on tuffle baby parasites by taking over U6 saiyans, weird alternate universe god-killing bojack, HOWEVER they have Hit throw a generic purple energy blast and Hit doesn't use energy blasts. 0/10

I like the Twins, they feel a lot like the Androids turned up to 11. Also, its a goddamn travesty that Vegeta didn't continue wearing that outfit because its loving rad, especially with the normal Super Saiyan color scheme.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Not gonna lie it'd be fun to see an arc where Goku and Vegeta just keep getting the DOGSHIT beaten out of them with an endless stream of Super Saiyan drains, anti-spirit bombs, magic bullshit, and plain old raw beatdowns

I want to see Moro winning rapidly simply because Goku and Vegeta just keep getting curbstomped while trying to tie their heads around ways to defeat him that isn't just maximized transformations

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Billzasilver posted:

If this was ten years earlier, vegeta would have literally died rather than learn the fusion dance

tbf that's not just Geets' problem. After Goku introduces the dance, everyone from Piccolo to Krillin to the kids act like it's so awful/embarrassing it might as well involve touching dicks. Toxic masculinity abounds in DBZ (at least in the Buu saga)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If everyone treated it like it was cool you could reverse peer pressure Vegeta being the one to always wanna fuse. Not that, outside of dudes acting weird - in fairness, it kind of is a really weird thing to merge your bodies and soul with someone else. Like this isn't even sex, its literally becoming some kind of Toriyama Chronenburg fighter. The silly dance isn't exactly what creeps them out.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Feb 25, 2019

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

TwoPair posted:

tbf that's not just Geets' problem. After Goku introduces the dance, everyone from Piccolo to Krillin to the kids act like it's so awful/embarrassing it might as well involve touching dicks. Toxic masculinity abounds in DBZ (at least in the Buu saga)

It looks dumb, it has nothing to do with masculinity

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I need some help. I started getting into Dragon Ball again a while back, and finished the Dragon Ball Super anime a few weeks ago. Where do I go now? There's the manga with Moro that seems like it's the "canon" story? There's this strange Super Dragon Ball Heroes anime. That's promotional material for a game, right? And while looking this up, I also found a youtube video translating an apparently different manga where they focused on the 6 universes that Zeno erased before the ToP, and those were back, and Frieza was the GoD of one of them, and they were apparently led by the Grand Priestess, who's the mother of the angels, and they all want to kill Zeno? Was that some hoax or something? I'm really confused.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Torrannor posted:

I need some help. I started getting into Dragon Ball again a while back, and finished the Dragon Ball Super anime a few weeks ago. Where do I go now? There's the manga with Moro that seems like it's the "canon" story? There's this strange Super Dragon Ball Heroes anime. That's promotional material for a game, right? And while looking this up, I also found a youtube video translating an apparently different manga where they focused on the 6 universes that Zeno erased before the ToP, and those were back, and Frieza was the GoD of one of them, and they were apparently led by the Grand Priestess, who's the mother of the angels, and they all want to kill Zeno? Was that some hoax or something? I'm really confused.

If you haven't watched the Broly movie that's the immediate follow-up to Super, then it's the manga with the Moro stuff. Super Dragon Ball Heroes is a spin-off based on a game, it's multiverse garbage. The thing you mentioned in spoilers sounds like fanfiction.

Apparently we should be getting new animated Super stuff eventually, but Toei hasn't announced a date, it's just one of those insider news that has been making the rounds.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Crabtree posted:

If everyone treated it like it was cool you could reverse peer pressure Vegeta being the one to always wanna fuse. Not that, outside of dudes acting weird - in fairness, it kind of is a really weird thing to merge your bodies and soul with someone else. Like this isn't even sex, its literally becoming some kind of Toriyama Chronenburg fighter. The silly dance isn't exactly what creeps them out.

I think a lot of it is pride; both Goku and Vegeta take deep pride in their strength and skill on their own merits, and don't like the idea of basically someone else being able to take the credit for a victory. Of course, it might depend on how the fusion works and feels. (and of course, this is something Steven Universe took and ran with)

And the joke is definitely that the fusion dance is extremely silly.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I saw Battle Angel Alita and Robert Rodriguez should direct a Dragon Ball movie with an exorbitant James Cameron budget that the movie could never hope to make a profit, tbqh

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

I saw Battle Angel Alita and Robert Rodriguez should direct a Dragon Ball movie

I saw some fanart recently that made me think you can definitely do a realistic Goku hair if you tone it down a little.

So with that debacle solved there's no obstacles left to a good DBZ movie.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

I saw some fanart recently that made me think you can definitely do a realistic Goku hair if you tone it down a little.

no deal

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dias posted:

So with that debacle solved there's no obstacles left to a good DBZ movie.

That’s Spike Spiegel

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheKingofSprings posted:

That’s Spike Spiegel

There you go, just give Goku Spike hair.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

The real problem with a real life DBZ movie is, what the gently caress would the plot be?

That's right, what would be a movie-runtime dragonball z plot that is not burdened with poo poo you'd have to know from arcs upon arcs of character building and minor points

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Hair is like The Thing that's iconic for Dragonball as a series so I don't think there should be compromises made on it. The series just does not work well in live action.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Find someone with extremely curly hair when they don't wash a day/its gets long.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh my God remember dragon ball evolution, what in God's name was that

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I mean they could get This Guy but I have a feeling a Black Goku might not be what they want.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man is Dragon ball evolution streaming anywhere or is digging through the DVD bargain bin in a podunk town Walmart my best hope of finding it

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Oh my God remember dragon ball evolution, what in God's name was that

A very truncated version of up to the Piccolo saga of the manga with an attempt to resemble Western society where the manga portrayed old Eastern society, to weird results.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pacra posted:

The real problem with a real life DBZ movie is, what the gently caress would the plot be?

That's right, what would be a movie-runtime dragonball z plot that is not burdened with poo poo you'd have to know from arcs upon arcs of character building and minor points

Probably just start like Z, with Goku being just really strong guy who had a kid and made a few friends over the years, leading up to the fight with Vegeta. Probably can just stick a flashback to Goku vs Piccolo to show why it a big deal he turning good.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Momomo posted:

I mean they could get This Guy but I have a feeling a Black Goku might not be what they want.

But then Goku will fit with the black Saiyan race spearheaded by Michael B. Jordan's Vegeta.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Calaveron posted:

Man is Dragon ball evolution streaming anywhere or is digging through the DVD bargain bin in a podunk town Walmart my best hope of finding it

it was on Netflix iirc

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

The only problem with this dude is that he'd have to pump up a lot to get even half the size he needs to be

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The best live action DBZ movie was Kung Fu Hustle, just do that again.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Rirse posted:

Probably just start like Z, with Goku being just really strong guy who had a kid and made a few friends over the years, leading up to the fight with Vegeta. Probably can just stick a flashback to Goku vs Piccolo to show why it a big deal he turning good.

It took them five movies to finally make a Spider-Man movie that didn't have his origins in it and that's a character with 60 years of existence. Give dragon ball a couple more decades before they can start with the in media res

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The dragon ball live action movie should start in the middle of the Buu saga and provide no explanation for anything

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The real issue is establishing the titular Dragon Balls without them being the focus of the movie. Maybe you just do Raditz Saga but it's Vegeta instead and he's trying to do his Namek thing before Namek?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

heck, do the very first storyline, give me Monster Rabbit in his full glory

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Here's an idea; lets never do a live action dragonball movie because the source material is so much better animated anyway

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Collapsing Farts posted:

Here's an idea; lets never do a live action dragonball movie because the source material is so much better animated anyway

This but for every anime

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you could have made a good death note live action film. Just adapt it as a 90s crime thriller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Have the Watchowskis make it because Speed Racer is the greatest adaption of anything ever.