Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

tbf there's probably a chud who will buy it for more

helping a guy do cons and then being surprised when you get conned? pikachu face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Disney is a case study in the phrase "what the market will bear"

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

mod saas posted:

Disney is a case study in the phrase "what the market will bear"
Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

we should have an honorary gang tag for anybody who has had a wedding for less than $3,500 and has receipts to prove it
Counterpoint: We should permaban anyone who self-posts about what their wedding cost, because nobody loving cares.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The hordes of " :qq: I -d-d-don't want to hear about your w-w-wedding :qq: " posts are the only reason I don't like Wedding Chat. It's super interesting to me that some people can spend <$3,000 on a wedding without permanently alienating their friends and family.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nocheez posted:

Noooooo one cares about what you spent on your wedding.

NOOOOO ONNNNE.

Not even in the Bad With Money thread?

Dik Hz posted:

Counterpoint: We should permaban anyone who self-posts about what their wedding cost, because nobody loving cares.

I'm sorry.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
If my entire wedding ceremony is in the BWM thread, is the :20bux: when we get banned during the reception count as GWM?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Dik Hz posted:

Counterpoint: We should permaban aneveryone

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The hordes of " :qq: I -d-d-don't want to hear about your w-w-wedding :qq: " posts are the only reason I don't like Wedding Chat. It's super interesting to me that some people can spend <$3,000 on a wedding without permanently alienating their friends and family.

If you have a funny BWM wedding story then by all means go ahead and post it here.

If you have an anecdote about how you cleverly saved money on your thrifty wedding then by all means go ahead and post it elsewhere.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm between weddings at the moment

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

How much should I budget for any additional weddings after the first? It's gotta be like at least 15% less per, right?

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Because it's a family tradition and they went to their honeymoon there, do you need any other explanation other than that Disney has successfully commercialized family vacations that are now regarded as a generational tradition to be handed down from parent to child

GWM have a poo poo childhood with parents that never take you on vacations or buy you anything expensive.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

we should have an honorary gang tag for anybody who has had a wedding for less than $3,500 and has receipts to prove it

Does an alternating queue of strippers and champagne still count towards the final budget if it was on the wedding night but not technically part of the wedding ceremony?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TVsVeryOwn posted:

How much should I budget for any additional weddings after the first? It's gotta be like at least 15% less per, right?

Safe bet is no more than 69% of what you would pay for a marquee, top-tier wedding.

Blarfy Bovine
Jun 3, 2007

2 - 3 = negative fun!

Fun Shoe

CmdrRiker posted:

Does an alternating queue of strippers and champagne still count towards the final budget if it was on the wedding night but not technically part of the wedding ceremony?

Yes, but once past midnight you can count it as a different event, right? But only if they alternate.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

TVsVeryOwn posted:

The parental contribution is typically much less on the second one though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
gWm is constantly fleecing your friends with a new wedding every two years to get that grift gifts because their freeloaders are expecting a three course meal anyway

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

gWm is constantly fleecing your friends with a new wedding every two years to get that grift gifts because their freeloaders are expecting a three course meal anyway

Counterpoint: the food always sucks anyway

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Zauper posted:

And that they only stole $50k, and only from one person? If everyone is right about how easy it is, wouldn't they have stolen more money / from more people?

The $50k is just from the person that posted about it online.

I’m not commenting on the initial fuckup, but there’s really no way of knowing how much (if any at all) was stolen due to this.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Alan Smithee posted:

None of my close friends have gotten divorced/remarried yet. I gotta feel like the expectations go down on wedding #2 right?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

CmdrRiker posted:

GWM have a poo poo childhood with parents that never take you on vacations or buy you anything expensive.

Trips and toys don't make a childhood good or bad.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

Then how else am I supposed to prove to my peers and neighbors that I love my kids!!!

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Doc Hawkins posted:

Too many of either can absolutely ruin a childhood. (or a child)

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
BWM: Spending 23k (possibly more) for this

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I just got flashbacks to playing Doom as a kid.

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

There's a Utah teapot hidden somewhere in that room, I just know it.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ignoring the right half of the first picture, I want that shower so bad.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god he finished it

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Uterine Lineup posted:

BWM: Spending 23k (possibly more) for this

Let's be precise: it was spending 23k to remodel this...

Enchanted Hat posted:

For anyone who doesn't remember, this is the much more :females:-unfriendly "before" picture:

...into that. With the specific goal of increasing the house's sale price to couples, because wives would insist to their husbands that "this is the one" once they saw the bathroom.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Residency Evil posted:

I just got flashbacks to playing Doom as a kid.

Thank you for putting into words what I was thinking but couldn't articulate.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Doc Hawkins posted:

...into that. With the specific goal of increasing the house's sale price to couples, because wives would insist to their husbands that "this is the one" once they saw the bathroom.

Assuming there was also a shower I would think the before was probably way preferable for any human, male, female, or nonbinary.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

big .wad

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

I was hoping it was 23k for the "artist"'s rendering.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

therobit posted:

Assuming there was also a shower I would think the before was probably way preferable for any human, male, female, or nonbinary.

what about Guy Fieri

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Dr. Eldarion posted:

what about Guy Fieri

Since there is no neon yellow and no flames I am gonna say the after picture ain't doing anything for Guy.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

those are computer renders and you can't convince me otherwise

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

can't breathe. it's the loving World of Coke bathroom

it's the goddamn secret recipe vault

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 28, 2019

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
23k is actually a bargain for a bathroom remodel that dramatic. Possibly GWM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I'm betting that the rocks around the tub don't drain into anything and just retain water so what's left of his floor joists can just rot away completely.