Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
As late 80's Matthew Modine and a lesser Baldwin brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Another Bill posted:

As late 80's Matthew Modine and a lesser Baldwin brother.

And yet, no room on the cover for the best character in the film, namely the grizzled old prospector. <:mad:>

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Just re-watched I Accuse my Parents and I loved it even more than the first time. “I accuse Tojo, and soon Stalin!”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Golden Bee posted:

Just re-watched I Accuse my Parents and I loved it even more than the first time. “I accuse Tojo, and soon Stalin!”

"So long Mrs., uih, 'Lush' was it?"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Golden Bee posted:

Jimmy manages to work that essay contest into so many conversations. One of my all-time favorites.

"I accuse you, Joel! Now, give me the hamburger sandwich and french-fried potato garnish!!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jet Jaguar posted:

Jimmy manages to work that essay contest into so many conversations. One of my all-time favorites.
One of my favorite things about Jimmy is that he meets a cute girl, they get along, she invites him to her house, and he apparently spends the entire night talking about his parents.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Evil Mastermind posted:

One of my favorite things about Jimmy is that he meets a cute girl, they get along, she invites him to her house, and he apparently spends the entire night talking about his parents.

Minor correction: lying about his parents. :allears:

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Cemetry Gator posted:

But it's the Rosdower that I see in my heart.

A Rosdower without hockey hair is no true Rosdower.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

If you flip the sleeve his hockey hair is on the back

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Minor correction: lying about his parents. :allears:

And that's when my mom said to Roosevelt well what about a Lend-Lease program?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
My favorite part is how they bragged about showing it to active service members overseas first during WWII.

Why do they hate America?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I always liked the gruff short-order cook from IAMP.

"I can read your chakras!"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Have you ever worked as a boy before?"

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

He's taken to selling his essays cheap on the street.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

How about a little sugar for Happy Chef here? :quagmire:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

He's taken to selling his essays cheap on the street.

"What're ye doin' in a Cocteau film, boy? Go on home to your mother, there's a good lad."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of wondering if you're supposed to take Jimmy at face value whenever someone offers him booze and he says he's been drinking too much lately.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How about a little sugar for Happy Chef here? :quagmire:

You like my hat? I made it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

You like my hat? I made it.

How do ya like my swingin' church, son? :catholic:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Is it me, or is 12 to the Moon an underrated episode. You got a crazy short coupled with a film featuring beach chairs, invisible glass on the helmet, and a stereotypical treacherous French man.

What is there not to love?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The girl in lovers Lane is a strange movie and it’s worth watching for that reason. But the best line is easily “this is the last time I hire a pimp!”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

“Once again, Bigs saves Danny from a heterosexual experience.”

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Watching the Brute Man episode for the first time, partly because it has The Chicken of Tomorrow in it, which is my favorite short, hopefully the rest of the episode lives up to that short

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Watching the Brute Man episode for the first time, partly because it has The Chicken of Tomorrow in it, which is my favorite short, hopefully the rest of the episode lives up to that short

I just rewatched it for the umpteenth time recently, and I can confirm that it does.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I just rewatched it for the umpteenth time recently, and I can confirm that it does.

Having just finished the episode I agree, and The Brute Man is one of those movies they did where it's actually not a bad movie at all

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Df3j9vCcIM

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Chickens!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

TL posted:

Chickens!

There's no driver...the chickens are escaping!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching City Limits and the first guy that the main character meets when he runs into the biker gang was played by Dean Devlin (yes, that Dean Devlin.)

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The punk who throws spaghetti at his mom in Zombie Nightmare is one of the executive producers of Stranger Things.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Liberal Idiot posted:

The punk who throws spaghetti at his mom in Zombie Nightmare is one of the executive producers of Stranger Things.

she's hiding. behind. a WINDOW!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

Watching City Limits and the first guy that the main character meets when he runs into the biker gang was played by Dean Devlin (yes, that Dean Devlin.)

He was also one of the nerds in "Real Genius".

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

she's hiding. behind. a WINDOW!!

*The Penguin voice* I'd stake my semi-professional reputation on it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Just watched I Accuse My Parents, pretty good, I was surprised at just how unrestrained and vicious they were during the Truck Farmer short though

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A pre-teen works the fields! Her beauty will soon fade.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They make it sound so nice!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm Canadian, what am I doing down here?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Volume XI is out on 6/18

https://twitter.com/MST3K/status/1105976089099145216

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Cemetry Gator posted:

Is it me, or is 12 to the Moon an underrated episode. You got a crazy short coupled with a film featuring beach chairs, invisible glass on the helmet, and a stereotypical treacherous French man.

What is there not to love?

Love this episode!

The invisible space screens are hilarious, and when you go to the moon, bring cats. No space program has heeded this warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Jet Jaguar posted:

Love this episode!

The invisible space screens are hilarious, and when you go to the moon, bring cats. No space program has heeded this warning.

I especially love the part where the moon people demand the astronauts give them the cats for no reason other than they find them intriguing; a plot point that has no payoff and never comes up again.