Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I love how in Bombenhagel the outro solo is the german national anthem tune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Tapping the Vein is my favorite Sodom album.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

the yeti posted:

Listening through Sodom’s discog; what should I make sure not to miss?

Hell yeah I was listening to some Sodom earlier. Yeah that's all I got.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Live in Bangkok. Killed a thousand braincells to that one in high school

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Tapping the Vein is my favorite Sodom album.

I like how Wachturm’s a peppy punk-y track nestled in there amongst the much sharper sounding stuff

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

M-16 is a killer loving album too, and probably the best post-2000 album from one of the big German thrash bands.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Deathlove posted:

thanks, this thread, for helping me remember Bonehunter by giving me the phrase "boner bear" to remember.

anyway, listen to Bonehunter: https://bonehuntermetal.bandcamp.com/

Also listen to Hellripper: https://hellripper.bandcamp.com/album/coagulating-darkness

The upcoming EP is ripper, too: https://reapermetalproductions.bandcamp.com/album/black-arts-alchemy

Ooh, and Inculter: https://edgedcircleproductions.bandcamp.com/album/fatal-visions

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Varg posted:

the song "The Saw is the Law" is peak Sodom

yeah, lol.

Snowy posted:

“I ❤️ Jo Bench”

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam

Dimebags Brain posted:

M-16 is a killer loving album too, and probably the best post-2000 album from one of the big German thrash bands.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to talk about Kreator‘s Gods of Violence:

It‘s awesome. Like they went back in time and made the quintessential 80s Thrash record.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Extremely light release day Friday, you guys already posted Hellripper and Suffering Hour.
The only thing really on my radar is Enterprise Earth's new release is out on spotify, really good deathcore band.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Going to see Hypocrisy and Fleshgod Apocalypse tonight. I'm pumped.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Nice, I'd love to see Hypocrisy

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Got tickets for Overkill/Death Angel :getin:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Man, I'm a bit jealous, I haven't seen Hypocrisy in like 15 years.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

the yeti posted:

Yeah I got my tickets too. That show is gonna be great. I’ve been rocking the new Overkill album a lot. The New Jersey song owns.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Dug up a couple releases off my bandcamp feed
Esgaroth released a new dungeon synth album. Esgaroth is a dude from SoCal that has something like 50 releases between late 2017 and today, and they are all actually pretty good! They are all instrumental other than 1 of the EPs (which is coincidentally the best one) and they seem to alternate between black metal and dungeon synth
Satanic Abortion, don't know this band but I follow their label pretty closely and they seem to always release quality stuff. A few tracks in, very very noisey bm

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

the yeti posted:

gently caress, this sounds so good.

On a separate note:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2019/04/0...OLiVtOxM-1W6wo8

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 5, 2019

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Homeboy on the right is the only one that looks like an actual human

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's an entire band of Skwisgaar Skwigelf.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I did a double take cause I didn’t remember Uncured looking like that when I saw them a few years ago in Cincinnati.

The cinci guys are unkured :rolleyes:

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Uncured is an extraordinarily lovely band name.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
do you think there's any pressure put on the guys in back during band meetings to join the prell twins at the gym

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Dude on the far left works out in the library

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
weird headswap on the far left and far right dudes

oh yeah that's the stufffffff, thanks!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Some grind/PV from today I really enjoyed:
Tulip, synthy grind
Fluoride, grind/PV

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Thought experiment: could there be such a thing as extreme metal with exclusively clean vocals? Where extreme metal equals whatever your own working definition is of 1) death metal, 2) black metal, 3) grindcore, 4) various combinations of those three. I'm excluding doom metal (and sludge, and so on) and thrash because the answer would be trivially "yes". I guess "clean vocals" has to mean "actual singing", too, not just spoken word.

I posit that there could be no such thing. Imagine, for example, Chapel of Ghouls by Morbid *frantically searching through metal archives* Angel, except with clean vocals. Preposterous. Impossible. Now imagine Cween of the Mark by Forefather, ostensibly a black metal adjacent band, except with clean vocals. Easy, isn't it? Probably because it's a European power metal song with harsh vocals and therefore not extreme metal.

Welp, with a sample size of 2, it looks like there's no such thing as extreme metal with exclusively clean vocals. If you thought this post was inane, please know that the alternative would have been an in-depth examination of the drumming on Ritual by Master's Hammer, and relating it to the drumming on Soulside Journey somehow

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Smirr posted:

Thought experiment: could there be such a thing as extreme metal with exclusively clean vocals?

Yes but it would be terrible and I would mock it in this thread.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
isn't that basically what nevermore was?

granted i've never actually listened to more than 30 seconds of a nevermore song because their vocalist always sounded like he was stepping on legos barefoot

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yeah Nevermore did that and they were awesome. All of power metal too if you consider that “extreme”.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Part of what makes extreme metal "extreme" is the use of harsh vocals.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nevermore fuckin rules!!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

the yeti posted:

Listening through Sodom’s discog; what should I make sure not to miss?

In the Sign of Evil and Obsessed by Cruelty are the coolest ones because it's before they learned how to play their instruments properly

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Isn't death metal without grunts just thrash? :confused:

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Siivola posted:

I'm having a hard time imagining what Portal would sound like with Paul Baloff on vocals

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Siivola posted:

no because obviously morbid angel or someone doesn't just sound like thrash

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Vulture Culture posted:

I'm having a hard time imagining what Portal would sound like with Paul Baloff on vocals

It would be the same garbage but with good vocals.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Nevermore fuckin rules!!

Jeff Loomis is probably not human.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Siivola posted:

Listen to Gorguts Pleiades' Dust. Does it make you think hm cool thrash without vocals?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm only a couple songs in, but this is some super good poo poo. Black/death/crust hodgepodge with real good melodic sensibilities.

https://wormwitch.bandcamp.com/album/heaven-that-dwells-within

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I always kinda thought melodeath was mostly thrash metal with death growls and iron maiden choruses.