Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

kid sinister posted:

What do the Danish call the fill valve in a toilet?

Translated? That'd be the "Floater."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Tunicate posted:

Season 1 is like 8 episodes, and yeah, its not super great or typical for the series as a whole.
Much like that footing, they should go back and remake it so it doesn't suck poo poo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I remember fondly the look on one of my friend's faces when I told them about the rigid metal conduit I was using and how I had to use a six-inch rigid nipple for something.

Nothing like talking about P-traps and Ballcocks to strangers with a straight face

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

hehehe

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

gently caress trenching through red dog.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

PurpleXVI posted:

Translated? That'd be the "Floater."

Huh. The old English name for the entire valve was the "ballcock". We called the thing on its arm the "float". Eventually too many people snickered at "ballcock" and now it's "fill valve".

Now we call turds "floaters".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My favourite cock is the sounding cock with 2" test cock.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

My favourite cock is the sounding cock with 2" test cock.

Always get such disappointing results with the 2" test cock.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

Always get such disappointing results with the 2" test cock.

With sounding, it's not the length that counts but the depth.

e: I've said this before but I guess I need to say it again just so I don't do it in future: do not BIS "sounding cock". It'll get you the correct part but also a lot of incorrect parts.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: I've said this before but I guess I need to say it again just so I don't do it in future: do not BIS "sounding cock". It'll get you the correct part but also a lot of incorrect parts.

You're not my real dad you can't tell me what to do

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Ever had to smooth freshly laid concrete?

What I would have given for one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9V3Ww6fhLs&t=148s

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Ever had to smooth freshly laid concrete?

What I would have given for one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9V3Ww6fhLs&t=148s

The ride on "wopcopter".

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/748194707411468288?lang=en

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I'm at a loss.
I would have just propped a 2x4 against something then raised it to catch the handle, which is what I *thought* the guy bringing the board over was going to do.
I guess those things need a tethered kill switch like a PWC or ATV.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Did the cops shoot the house?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Took me a minute.
Somebody didn't brace their framing properly?

Queen Combat posted:

I like this better.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Skipped ahead and suddenly the thing had jackets on the end of the handle like it was trying to anger the workers into charging. Lost it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Queen Combat posted:

The cops tried to frame it.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Darchangel posted:

I'm at a loss.
I would have just propped a 2x4 against something then raised it to catch the handle, which is what I *thought* the guy bringing the board over was going to do.
I guess those things need a tethered kill switch like a PWC or ATV.

They do. They get disabled immediately in the name of efficiency.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

This looks like one guy could somehow hear the soundtrack so he dressed it up like an evil nun.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Trabant posted:

The cops tried to frame it.

:vince:
:golfclap:

insta posted:

They do. They get disabled immediately in the name of efficiency.

Of course.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Hah. Nobody wants to take a dive on the wet concrete but that's going to be exactly what needs to happen.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The full thing is on YouTube with the actual audio and not whatever lovely music that is. It's pretty great.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Javid posted:

The full thing is on YouTube with the actual audio and not whatever lovely music that is. It's pretty great.

It's so, so much better with the running commentary.

"You have now angered the machine."

"It is now blinded and mad."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KvxOuC7Bhc

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

MisterOblivious posted:

It's so, so much better with the running commentary.

"You have now angered the machine."

"It is now blinded and mad."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KvxOuC7Bhc

Oh my good Lord it is better.

pack it in already
Jul 16, 2009

If you're familiar with the music, it makes a moderately funny joke. It's video game boss music for fighting a one-winged angel who is associated with a slender weapon far too long to be practical and a flowing black cloak.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

looks alot like grover's neighborhood, just sayin

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

looks more like Granos' neighborhood to me

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Got under my house into the crawlspace for the first time to replace my dryer vent duct... I was quite clogged and I couldn't see to get it cleaned out.

Found some surprises... Instead of making a short straight run from dryer location to exterior vent (distance of about 12ft, straight shot inside the same joist cavity), they used a 25ft piece of flexi-duct that was just haphazardly throw down on the ground and looped around some pipes for good measure. Bonus: They used duct tape to "attach" it to the dryer side, and nothing on the vent side. It had come partially detached from the dryer side.

Another surprise I found... There is a sump pit and pump right by the crawlspace door. I always assumed the sump actually worked, but to be honest I never tested it. However I discovered the pump wasn't actually plugged in! The cord snakes off into the darkness down a joist, but then just ends! No outlet or wiring anywhere near it!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

stevewm posted:

Got under my house into the crawlspace for the first time to replace my dryer vent duct... I was quite clogged and I couldn't see to get it cleaned out.

Found some surprises... Instead of making a short straight run from dryer location to exterior vent (distance of about 12ft, straight shot inside the same joist cavity), they used a 25ft piece of flexi-duct that was just haphazardly throw down on the ground and looped around some pipes for good measure. Bonus: They used duct tape to "attach" it to the dryer side, and nothing on the vent side. It had come partially detached from the dryer side.

Another surprise I found... There is a sump pit and pump right by the crawlspace door. I always assumed the sump actually worked, but to be honest I never tested it. However I discovered the pump wasn't actually plugged in! The cord snakes off into the darkness down a joist, but then just ends! No outlet or wiring anywhere near it!

Hello, and welcome to home ownership, previous owner bonus edition.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I paid for 25ft of ductwork and I’m using 25ft of ductwork god dammit

stevewm
May 10, 2005
The bad part... there was no previous owner. I am the first. The builders left it that way.

I laughed for a solid 20 minutes at the sump pump cord... I mean.. they ran it across to the other side of the house, even clipped the cord to the joist every few inches. But then it just stops, plug hanging in the air. No outlet or indeed any electrical wiring at all anywhere near it. The pump is even plumbed into the exterior drain. Someone went through all the effort, and never plugged the drat thing in.

It is most definitely not the first "surprise" I've found.

Whoever did the electrical was apparently on a meth bender or something that week. Backstabs all around, wires just twisted together with no wire nuts, ground wires cut so short they where nearly unusable, etc... I removed all the outlets and switches in the entire house a year or so ago just to make sure they where all done properly... Several where not.

stevewm fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 12, 2019

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I paid for 25ft of ductwork and I’m using 25ft of ductwork god dammit
*exterior vent assembly sits in the yard 12ft from the house*

well, that's got rid of the bend, and nothing wasted

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Ryan homes?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

My Lovely Horse posted:

*exterior vent assembly sits in the yard 12ft from the house*

well, that's got rid of the bend, and nothing wasted

Nah, just hide it in big pvc pipe and make a grovershed whistle

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/CursedArchitect/status/1116825822017359877

I know CursedArchitect is cheating but this one just floored me. What the gently caress.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That is such a good account.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
That's some sort of art piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/CursedArchitect/status/1116825822017359877

I know CursedArchitect is cheating but this one just floored me. What the gently caress.

The Sims is looking good.