Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://twitter.com/shittymario/status/1116492840903659521?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
What the hell, what an odd lot of legos.
https://cnj.craigslist.org/tag/d/edison-various-legos-thousands-of-pcs/6863640581.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ok now i'm thinking of that old Craigslist post about the guy with the model trains.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

That is absolute bizarre

Why are all those pink, yellow and black plastic bits mixed in with the Lego? Im unable to make out what they are.

Also its pretty hillarious that they advertise this as Lego yet 80% of the volume looks like not-Lego.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Anyone in the UK spend the £85 necessary to get the mystery box of star wars items and can tell us what's in it?

Kafila
Mar 27, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Anyone in the UK spend the £85 necessary to get the mystery box of star wars items and can tell us what's in it?

I'm waiting on my delivery, but a bunch of the sets I ordered went on back-order so it might be a week or two before I get it.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Same, will report back if I get one. My Slave 1 is on backorder and it's not clear if they will reserve a mystery box or if they will just go out with other orders that contain in stock items.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
poo poo. Didn't realize the ucs slave 1 was retired. Now the smaller one costs insignificantly less. Wtf...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mitochondritom posted:

Same, will report back if I get one. My Slave 1 is on backorder and it's not clear if they will reserve a mystery box or if they will just go out with other orders that contain in stock items.

Did you order anything else? When I ordered something that was backordered, I also had an in stock item in my cart. They shipped out the thing they had, with all the bonuses, and then sent out the backordered item later.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I've gotten shipments with just bonus items

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wonder if they charge you for the value of the bonus if you later cancel the thing you bought

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
You're supposed to return the bonus item or they will probably refuse the return. That's according to Lego customer service.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lego will tell you that you need to return them but I don't think you get penalized if you don't once or twice.

Doing it all the time, though, will probably get you on some kind of poo poo list.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
If it’s like other call/CS centers I’ve worked in they track all of your Cs interactions and if you’re a repeat offender they’ll throw cold water on that fast but otherwise they’re going to try and keep you happy.

Before the end of last double points event I grabbed one of the Mickey Mouse ideas sets because it said double points. But order was placed 11:20 pacific time. I didn’t get get double points and contacted them about it and they honored it but let me know that they run their promotions on EAstern time and that I shouldn’t let it happen again.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Hey guys, my wife said I could add some shelves in our home office since I’m running out of space. I think she’s a keeper!

I like that print though, so I may have to find another spot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just stash my stuff in nooks all over the house. Too much LEGO in one spot turns into a nasty clutter.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I ordered the Parisian Restaurant and the Diner creator expert sets to go with my growing downtown of the detective office, bank, ninjago city and docks, and yet to be built assembly square.

If you told young me I'd be playing with legos in my 30s he'd believe it. He wouldn't believe it would be Lego city stuff.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I bought the carousel. It's massive and gorgeous and now I've got to buy a power set so it can turn on its own. Only downside is the build is a bit repetitive at the end, lots of build this bit, now do it again 11 times, and the stickers. I hate stickers. Luckily it looks good without them too.

All the kids (and adults too!) I've shown it to so far are wowed by it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Aw yis rebel blockade runner! $200 1,768 pieces. Not UCS?

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-tantive-iv-75244-officially-announced/

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Shout out to this guy, loading the laser missile by hand

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

mitochondritom posted:

Shout out to this guy, loading the laser missile by hand

I think he worked in Chernobyl

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well that pretty much owns.

Lake Scenery (Front View) by ExeSandbox, on Flickr

loving love the pebbles.

And the orange bricks at the foot of the bridge.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Aw balls, I was going to start saving for the millennium falcon but this looks like a very nice distraction

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oooh, that Tantive IV - that's the bees loving knees, must have.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Jimmy Smits!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
is the pod racer available anywhere besides a lego store?

xzzy posted:

loving love the pebbles.

This must be in Forza Horizon

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

xzzy posted:

loving love the pebbles.

Those trees looks so good it makes me nauseous. I've never wanted a close up of a Lego MOC more than i do those trees.

The car looks pretty bad compared to the rest.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just got a handful of lego movie 2 minifigs after manhandling a pile of them at target, and the watermelon/giraffe/crayon minifigs are so good, I love them

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How did the car get there? Driving under the bridge?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Cojawfee posted:

I saw the polybag at either Wal-Mart or Target (or both?) and the whole 20th Anniversary line at Target this past week.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I just got a handful of lego movie 2 minifigs after manhandling a pile of them at target, and the watermelon/giraffe/crayon minifigs are so good, I love them

i have a watermelon and a crayon. need a giraffe. i feel weird standing in wal mart squeezing lego bags at 11pm. i need to lose that weakness

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

I ordered mine off Amazon for like 23 bucks?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm starting to get really curious about what the next expert set will be this summer. Probably another theme park ride.

WtA was a disappointment but the Mustang is awesome. Garage was good, too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ptkfvk posted:

i have a watermelon and a crayon. need a giraffe. i feel weird standing in wal mart squeezing lego bags at 11pm. i need to lose that weakness

The giraffe is pretty easy to feel for, I spent an extra like half hour trying to find one and of course it was the very last polybag they had. But it's a huge piece with two knobbly bits on top, so it's not hard to find.

and shame, shame is a weakness, lose your shame

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

ptkfvk posted:

Lol just visit that people of Walmart website for a few minutes to disabuse yourself of the idea that standing in the middle of the store and squeezing plastic bags makes you anything but Walmart normal.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Habibi posted:

Finally doing it. Our Lego storage system - those metal frames with colorful plastic drawers organizers that are cheap and prevalent on Amazon - that sorted Lego by plate/brick and color was being overwhelmed (no easy feat with about 24 drawers to use), so we're upgrading to a Trofast 12 drawer unit with two of those Akro Mills organizers (one with 24 of the larger drawers, one with 12 of the larger and 32 of the smaller), and sorting by element, instead. <snip>

Oh god. I may need to use three Akro Mills organizers to fit everything.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Sweet. The Jeep or the Explorer are all I really want from a JP license, and that minifig is for sure part of a set with the Jeep. I just hope it's not part of a $300 UCS set.

deoju fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 15, 2019

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Finally, some kinda jeep set has been rumored for the last couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That owns but man, I'd prefer an Explorer over the Jeep.