Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hobgoblins, maybe. You could boil it all down to the studio and avoid things like the horrible stick woman and her chunk boyfriend's sex lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Beast of Hollow Mountain where you excise the 'Normal Cowboy movie' part and just leave all the weird monster stuff.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dawgstar posted:

Hobgoblins, maybe. You could boil it all down to the studio and avoid things like the horrible stick woman and her chunk boyfriend's sex lives.

Those are the best parts!!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Golden Bee posted:

What movie would make the best 15 minute film? I think the amazing colossal man could be the radioactive test, a bit of his tent pathos, and the Vegas smash and be 100x better.

Laserblast would probably be a lot better condensed down

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You could cut Cry Wilderness down to one second

BANG

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If you cut down Cry Wilderness just the right way, it would be a great reel of stock footage of forest animals.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Angels Revenge would be 12 minutes of straight jiggling, with one minute each devoted to Jim Backus, Alan Hale, and Pat Buttram.

You gotta have at least two minutes of "Shine Your Love"... it has to be 30 minutes in the regular cut right. Or does it just feel like that?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

Those are the best parts!!

I'd be willing to just have in the Club Scum stuff.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

who's the worst protagonist in an mst movie? red, or deathstalker?

Ross from Catching Trouble.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

precision posted:

You could cut Cry Wilderness down to one second

BANG

Paul Rudd has the perfect short version of Mac & Me that he shows when he goes on Conan.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Ross from Catching Trouble.

Yeah. He sucks. Talk about something aging poorly. Those poor animals.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fezz posted:

Yeah. He sucks. Talk about something aging poorly. Those poor animals.

The follow-up host segment must've been so cathartic.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Don't ask, don't tell, but have a hell of a time!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Cry Wilderness absolutely needs and cannot cut Bigfoot in the Mist calling out to Paul like he's in an 80s music video.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

You gotta have at least two minutes of "Shine Your Love"... it has to be 30 minutes in the regular cut right. Or does it just feel like that?

The original cut (done by Mary Jo and Bridget for Rifftrax!) has an "equipping the van" montage, plus a barely there subplot about how the cop member of the group is actually an undercover cop who's been infiltrating drug gangs. Her chief ("McCloud!") wants her to bust the Angels, but she feels there's something different about this group.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Davros1 posted:

The original cut (done by Mary Jo and Bridget for Rifftrax!) has an "equipping the van" montage, plus a barely there subplot about how the cop member of the group is actually an undercover cop who's been infiltrating drug gangs. Her chief ("McCloud!") wants her to bust the Angels, but she feels there's something different about this group.

I've seen this and it's excellent.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Davros1 posted:

Namely, they're not a drug gang.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Angels Revenge is a weird movie because the opening/middle action scene has a bunch of people shooting at each other and nobody getting hurt. Then the end is just everyone murdering everyone else.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Another Bill posted:

I've seen this and it's excellent.

yeah, top-notch bridget and mj, like sherlock holmes: dressed to kill

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, I've got the MJ/Bridget version. It's a rare case where I think Rifftrax can justify the re-do because MJ and Bridget allow a different take on the movie as they're women. (And MJ's bit of loving the afore-mentioned musical number is one of my favourite riffs ever)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If anybody's ever looking for a great MJ/Bridget short I highly recommend "The Maturing Woman."

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord

Dawgstar posted:

If anybody's ever looking for a great MJ/Bridget short I highly recommend "The Maturing Woman."
I love this short, especially the last three minutes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

If anybody's ever looking for a great MJ/Bridget short I highly recommend ANY OF THEM

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something weird I noticed about Riding With Death, the backstory opening actually uses footage from a completely different 70s show about a guy who could turn invisible (which was produced by the same guy.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ajax 99 posted:

I love this short, especially the last three minutes.

I was immediately sold when the title card came up and Bridget tells Mary Jo, "Oh, this'll be good for you!"

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i appreciate bridget and mary jo having their own riff line, they can really capitalize on that midwestern nice in a way that is more savage coming from a lady

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The one MST-related thing that annoys me is how Trace and Frank don't sell their stuff online and the only way to see it is to go to a live show.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

muscles like this! posted:

Something weird I noticed about Riding With Death, the backstory opening actually uses footage from a completely different 70s show about a guy who could turn invisible (which was produced by the same guy.)

You mean the Code Name: Minus One footage? Cause that's the pilot for Gemini Man. It's all the same show but Driscoll got replaced when it went to series. All of the series is available on YouTube if you want to see it uncut.

Edit: You think we could get the guys to do Code Name: Minus One? Personally I need more chill Ben Murphy jokes in my life, I don't know about you.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 15, 2019

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turbinosamente posted:

You mean the Code Name: Minus One footage? Cause that's the pilot for Gemini Man. It's all the same show but Driscoll got replaced when it went to series. All of the series is available on YouTube if you want to see it uncut.

No, the part where they have someone typing on a computer and a weird projector were from the first episode of The Invisible Man from 1975 (starring David McCallum in a truly awful haircut.) It was a similar show by producer Harve Bennett and Steven Bochco but had more expensive invisible man effects. On that one they actually used compositing and chromakey to do their invisible man effects. Unlike Gemini Man which used the much cheaper "string" and "stopping the camera" to do it.

I only know this because I've been watching old TV show openings on YT and saw one for The Invisible Man and then today I rewatched Riding with Death for the hundredth time.

Edit: Since they were basically the same producers they might have just reused the same props and it isn't actually the same footage.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 15, 2019

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

muscles like this! posted:

No, the part where they have someone typing on a computer and a weird projector were from the first episode of The Invisible Man from 1975 (starring David McCallum in a truly awful haircut.) It was a similar show by producer Harve Bennett and Steven Bochco but had more expensive invisible man effects. On that one they actually used compositing and chromakey to do their invisible man effects. Unlike Gemini Man which used the much cheaper "string" and "stopping the camera" to do it.

I only know this because I've been watching old TV show openings on YT and saw one for The Invisible Man and then today I rewatched Riding with Death for the hundredth time.

Jeez must have blanked that out of my memory, I forgot they had to edit in some one pulling up the exposition dump on the computer. I can't remember if some of those computers were actually recycled from the set of one invisible man show to another. Or if they're just both generic futuristic 1970s computer props. It's been a while since I watched Gemini Man and haven't tracked down the David McCallum one. Speaking of, didn't he have the same or a very close looking bad haircut in Sapphire and Steel?

Edit: this is what I get for posting slow. I think I read somewhere the computer props were reused but I dont know where.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 15, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In honor of Tax Day, RiffTrax is running a 15% off everything sale today.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Tried watching Hercules again last night, and it's fine, but still on the bottom of my "big-sweaty-guys-pushing-women-around" rankings. Maybe just too plot-heavy? Jokes had kinda run thin by that point?

Also watched Beast from the Haunted Cave, which feels like an MSTied movie, despite not being one. Corman produced, but not directed, and you could have fooled me.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The coffee table book promised in the Kickstarter is FINALLY being finished, according to Joel.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Edward Mass posted:

The coffee table book promised in the Kickstarter is FINALLY being finished, according to Joel.

I read this as finishing a coffee table he’s been working on for 35 years and quite frankly I’m not going to correct myself

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/jonahray/status/1119085483445723137

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
"I'm different," indeed

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i think you're having trouble acknowledging crow as a sexual being...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

That is one of the coolest carrot cozies I've ever seen.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They're marathoning Reefer Madness on the RiffTrax Twitch channel today. :420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

i think you're having trouble acknowledging crow as a sexual being...

Darn it, you did it again! You turned me on!