Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

not a bot posted:

Since the results are this close, I'm predicting that Orpo and Sipilä will say gently caress you to Rinne to Perskusta will continue.

I predict that this will not happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Heck, Halla-aho would happily offer the prime minister's seat to Orpo, he doesn't really want to do that himself

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

not a bot posted:

Since the results are this close, I'm predicting that Orpo and Sipilä will say gently caress you to Rinne to Perskusta will continue.

This would be so stupid that it probably will be candidly proposed at some point by someone

except they don't really have a secure enough majority so at least KD and Hjallis will be needed (TF and RKP don't really mix) and even then they'd only have 113 vs 87

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Sulphagnist posted:

Heck, Halla-aho would happily offer the prime minister's seat to Orpo, he doesn't really want to do that himself

What Halla-aho needs is some idiots to splinter from his party and continue enacting TF policies in government while TF can focus on gaining opposition credit

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Nenonen posted:

What Halla-aho needs is some idiots to splinter from his party and continue enacting TF policies in government while TF can focus on gaining opposition credit

I knew it, he was playing 4D chess all this time.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Do they settle it with the kruuna and the klaava if the seats are even?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
This poo poo is going down the last vote. We'll have to wait for the final results.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHongI-5H04

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
I really doubt keskusta is willing to take another four years of perskeko since they'd likely again be the only party to take the hit for it.

Would they be in for punamulta though?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Golden Gate Bride posted:

Dude, I hear you, but me laughing/crying about persut here doesnt mean I think the people voting for them are truly human waste. The ignorance of let say 70% of voters concerning basically any issue you can not boil to a single yes/no question is just crushing though. Persut also seem to scratch that gently caress you got mine - itch for a lot of people, and that poo poo is why everything is going päin helvettiä. Surely there are also other reasons to vote for them, and the reasons and issues probably stem from same concers people who vote for example VL have.

But Yeah, solidarity and empathy towards your fellow man is key. I dont think I actually get your point though. Are you talking about same stuff you did in your exhange with Mustajärvi? How is laughing about kok more agreeable than persut in the same context? Or are you just talking about how media handles things?
I'm like 100 posts behind but I wanna reply right away.

I was just shouting into the void. But yeah, media mainly. Also PS politicians do just what humans do overall. They see an untapped market and abuse it. I know this sounds like some zen bullshit but that's how the world works.

And I agree that I'm just as guilty of this same dogpiling. TO BE HONEST I don't know what my specific reasons for my last post were. Maybe leftist parties should acknowledge that only a tiny minority of people are willing to sacrifice their own welfare to support others and use a different marketing strat. I personally like to emphasise that I don't want to be stabbed by a hungry and bitter random fellow in the street, and for that, leftist policies work really well. However, bringing in some weird people from weird countries probably doesn't work to that effect so I guess that's why it's such a hard stance to defend. You have to go into really abstract concepts like the national psyche and you've lost 99% of people at that point.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Thank the lord, koko kansan Teuvo pääsi jatkamaan työtään.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Havana Affair posted:

I really doubt keskusta is willing to take another four years of perskeko since they'd likely again be the only party to take the hit for it.

Persut would take a hit too. The only reason they are this popular now is that Siniset allowed hallis to do a clean break with their government run.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Havana Affair posted:

did you just put faith in kepu

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Gortarius posted:

Do they settle it with the kruuna and the klaava if the seats are even?

quote:

Pääministerin valinta alkaa eduskuntaryhmien välisillä neuvotteluilla hallitusohjelmasta ja hallituksen kokoonpanosta. Neuvottelutuloksen perusteella ja puhemiestä kuultuaan tasavallan presidentti antaa eduskunnalle tiedon pääministeriehdokkaasta. Eduskunta valitsee pääministerin ja presidentti nimittää hänet tehtävään. Muut ministerit presidentti nimittää pääministerin ehdotuksen mukaisesti.

Ehdokas valitaan pääministeriksi, jos hän on saanut eduskunnassa toimitetussa avoimessa äänestyksessä enemmän kuin puolet annetuista äänistä. Jos ehdokas ei saa vaadittavaa enemmistöä, asetetaan uusi pääministeriehdokas samalla tavalla. Jollei uusikaan ehdokas saa yli puolta annetuista äänistä, toimitetaan eduskunnassa avoimena äänestyksenä pääministerin vaali. Valituksi tulee tällöin eniten ääniä saanut henkilö.

So, eduskunta first decides the speaker who then talks with the president. Ultimately it's up to the eduskunta to accept this and in a situation this even it's not out of the question that they reject it.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009

BioMe posted:

did you just put faith in kepu

gently caress

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gortarius posted:

Thank the lord, koko kansan Teuvo pääsi jatkamaan työtään.

Jaa ei päässy eduskuntaan?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Jesus forecast with 90% votes counted: SDP 17,7% and TF 17,5%

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jaa ei päässy eduskuntaan?

No pääsi se. Voi jatkossakin vuokrata saunoja, vetää perseet olalle ja pahoinpidellä naisia valtion kustantamana.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Jesus forecast with 90% votes counted: SDP 17,7% and TF 17,5%

Good lord Rinne is poo poo

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hmm, I wonder if they put a babester like Sanna Marin in charge of these elections if they'd done better...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gortarius posted:

Hmm, I wonder if they put a babester like Sanna Marin in charge of these elections if they'd done better...

She's less poo poo so definitely

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Gortarius posted:

You can ask Li Andersson how well that tactic works.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Elections suck rear end and this country is full of idiot fuckers

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
At least there will be some incredible poetic justice in Kepu and Cock prostating themselves before Halla-Aho and the party they kicked out of the government. Christ, who knew that would become their biggest fuckup?

*sigh*

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Haha and we switched to women's ice hockey in YLE since we apparently won the finals. Priorities after all.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Lmao I am definitely screaming

Less laughing than I anticipated though

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
The Master apparently got the most votes out of any one candidate. :finland:

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Haha and we switched to women's ice hockey in YLE since we apparently won the finals. Priorities after all.

Torilla tavataan! WOOOoooo... :thermidor:

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Saw a ton of boomers at the vote today, had a feeling this is what the next four years would look like.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Turns out maybe we didn't and they're apparently checking it on video right now. A pretty good metaphor for the elections, actually.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Persut are like at the exact same vote % they were last time so the result isn't that surprising

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Ruflux posted:

Turns out maybe we didn't and they're apparently checking it on video right now. A pretty good metaphor for the elections, actually.

Lmao yep, turns out after all that celebration the goal doesn't count and they're gonna play some more!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Tappion kokenut Paavo Väyrynen katosi Helsingin yöhön

hahahah yessss, he only got 700 votes

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

DanTheFryingPan posted:

The Master apparently got the most votes out of any one candidate. :finland:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Andrast posted:

Persut are like at the exact same vote % they were last time so the result isn't that surprising

Yeah the key is that the non-persu vote is fragmented. Kinda like in Sweden there's at least the 80 percent who didn't vote for them.

I also rejoice for Kok ending up 3rd

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
finlandelections.txt

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Obviously senile - why else would he have left Ultima Thule where people love him?

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

DanTheFryingPan posted:

finlandelections.txt

Vittujen vittu asia alkoi kiinnostaa vasta nyt kun tapahtui tämä käänne ja nyt tätä katsoessa meinaa sydänkohtaus tulla

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Tais kadota narun jatkoksi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
lmao, greens got +7,1% more votes than previously in lapland and lost to kepu candidate by 7 votes