Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Talvos how are you this loving stupid, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ImpAtom posted:

I like Super Dragon Ball Heroes but I can't say it's a *good* game. It's more like it hits the part of my brain that likes seeing stupid stuff and numbers going up and like fifteen different transformations in a row and also my protagonist is a bizarre sexified version of Android 19 for some reason

I want it, but not $60 want it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

I want it, but not $60 want it

Yeah, it's a $20 game at tops.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i would spend 40

I spent 60 though and i'll live my life knowing that

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Heroes is an okay game that I wish is taken into consideration with Xenoverse 3 and made more like it in the department of giving out every What-if scenario possible to punchmans in. But then again, that story of Goku game could be better than any possible Xenoverse 3 and I don't know how to feel about a purely DBZ game in 2019/20.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unless the new CC2 game does some cool poo poo it's gonna be kinda lame having a just DBZ game (Especially if it's just Saiyan and Namek saga) this late in the game.

Especially if it's only real claim is gonna be looking nice like we didn't just come off the best looking DBZ game ever made.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe they'll do the thing that, for example, Atlus does where they put the game on sale like a few months after it's been out?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Baal posted:

Unless the new CC2 game does some cool poo poo it's gonna be kinda lame having a just DBZ game (Especially if it's just Saiyan and Namek saga) this late in the game.

Especially if it's only real claim is gonna be looking nice like we didn't just come off the best looking DBZ game ever made.

They can make decent fight mechanics for an RPG that aren't entirely a fighting game style. If they create a good template for future games that involve the rest of DBZ/Super, it could be a net positive assuming it plays alright. Xenoverse has ideas, but not a well crafted engine and means to go about their idea. Also if it is that short, I'm wondering how much they'll put into the game for you to do. If they like make you fully experience all of Snake Way, including HFIL or train up to face a formidable Frieza - well, I dunno. It's still loving weird late in the game but - eh?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No they can't cause the .hack games aren't actually fun to play and are tedious even by the standards of action rpgs, GU is barely more tolerable. CC2 are not known for actual good engines and combat, they are known for good visuals and cool fight scenes and that is what they are ever hired for, hell it's what Asura's Wrath and Ninja Storm both have fanbases for.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So most of DBZ.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a pretty reductive way to look at this series, but to each their own I guess.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Its definitely deeper than PLAYER KILLING IS MEAN plot line, but it can be very visual style over serious fighting substance. That and nothing ever tops Saiyan Saga Vegeta versus Goku.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Talvos posted:

Haha.... pretty standard stuff, huh? Sounds like he's a bit awkward/unlucky and that's got him into trouble a few times. I wish he was like a real Goku.
i wish vic was like a real goku in that he got beat up by buff aliens weekly

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

i wish vic was like a real goku in that he got beat up by buff aliens weekly

Catch is that Goku's into that.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

ImpAtom posted:

I like Super Dragon Ball Heroes but I can't say it's a *good* game. It's more like it hits the part of my brain that likes seeing stupid stuff and numbers going up and like fifteen different transformations in a row and also my protagonist is a bizarre sexified version of Android 19 for some reason

I'm constantly switching between that one and weird robot bug-child.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, it's a $20 game at tops.

Yeah, I've heard some people argue that it's 10~ years of content while simultaneously glossing over the fact that a lot of it is, well, 10~ yr old content.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I definitely want SDBH after watching some story scenes because it seems to do a lot of fun stuff in dialogue but the actual gameplay looks nonexistent and the graphics are PS2-tier (considering they literally are Budokai graphics and all) so I'm not paying $60 for it.

The moment it goes on sale it's mine with less hesitation than Goku facing a strong person though.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Blaze Dragon posted:

the actual gameplay looks nonexistent

Other than doing a bunch of hand-wavey slidey movements to activate abilities, yeah.

To me the fun is in the building of the decks and the things you can set up beforehand.

And yeah, the graphics are nothing to write home about, especially if you're like me and have to lower the resolution because all the bright lights slow the game down to a crawl. Everything else runs smooth as butter on the max settings for me; that is until some mofo decides to create a planet size energy ball. Then it becomes a slide show.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

bowmore posted:

got a recommendation for ya’ll

They wouldn't do it for DT, they won't do it for him.. Goons like fighting people out of existence rather than ignoring them.

Legit question though, I'm going to meet Sean and Chris later this year at a con and I have a shirt with Broly on it that I was going to wear (for reference: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/130494-the-incredible-broly). It has Goku and Vegeta too so it isn't Broly specific. Is this going to get me punched in the face by Goku/Vegeta/All-Might? I just like the shirt and Hulk reference.. (https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/8906/incredible_hulk_1962_1)

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 15, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly think you'll be fine. Like it's a shirt with anime characters from one specific series referencing a Comic-Book cover. I don't even think the grouchy dudes from Just Two Things would give it much guff, to be honest.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
As long as you don't bring he-who-starts-nothing-but-poo poo, I don't even think talking about the Super Broly the character or the movie is off limits. Sabat still has glowing praise for that flick so probably talk more with him. Sean might blow up about it if you pester him too much - or certain people start talking to him again.

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/1116869652532072448
https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/1089389092100624384

If you don't start poo poo about a certain someone you can easily make jokes about Broly and it'll be fine.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If Super 2 really is gonna get announced any day now, presumably they'll also announce the new voice actor for Broly soon too

I don't envy the new guy, he's gonna get death threats

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gripweed posted:

If Super 2 really is gonna get announced any day now, presumably they'll also announce the new voice actor for Broly soon too

I'm not sure if that soon for the latter, since it isn't a simul-dub and we don't even know when Broly will reappear (though it's almost assured he will eventually because...Broly, there's no way Toei won't take the chance to exploit that). Regardless, yeah, someone will have to take the role in the US side of things, but I don't think there's that much of a hurry for it.

In fact, it may be needed first for the CC2 game, since there's no way in hell Broly won't appear in it and that game will most likely get a dub.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh god I just realized that's right, Broly not only likely ate Beets but he was likely wearing his leggings for 30 some years before he was rescued and put in a new black suit. Over 3 decades of wearing some dead guy you canibalized's pants.

I also think they'll wait on recasting when the need arises. If Super 2 starts with Broly all hell breaks loose.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Despite all that dumb bullshit with them re-inviting gently caress Vic, Kamehecon does look like it's a ton of fun.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Crabtree posted:

As long as you don't bring he-who-starts-nothing-but-poo poo, I don't even think talking about the Super Broly the character or the movie is off limits. Sabat still has glowing praise for that flick so probably talk more with him. Sean might blow up about it if you pester him too much - or certain people start talking to him again.

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/1116869652532072448
https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/status/1089389092100624384

If you don't start poo poo about a certain someone you can easily make jokes about Broly and it'll be fine.

Honestly I don't plan to bring it up at all when I meet them, I just pre-planned on being that lame guy in his mid-30's wearing one of my multiple DB shirts to my first convention.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gripweed posted:

They're going to at least need a new one for FighterZ, even if Super 2 doesn't get announced soon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

New Leaf posted:

Honestly I don't plan to bring it up at all when I meet them, I just pre-planned on being that lame guy in his mid-30's wearing one of my multiple DB shirts to my first convention.

This may be me in a year or so assuming more cons don't become Kamehamecon.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The one thing I'm getting from all this is that Japanese VAs are wholesome and fun and the best and the rest... oh dear

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

New Leaf posted:

You will not be the first and you will not be the last to wear just a DBZ shirt to a con, my friend.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

The one thing I'm getting from all this is that Japanese VAs are wholesome and fun and the best and the rest... oh dear
Wellllll... sort of? Like, I'm sure that there are some shithead VA's and such (because every facet of the entertainment industry has monstrous, rapey shitheads), but for the most part, Japanese VA's are usually fairly respectful of their seniors and juniors. Also, if they have one or more recurring parts per season, their schedules are probably going to be rock-gently caress insane, so they seldom get the time to do that. If they don't have a role, then they're probably working a day job because unless you have enough of a name, you're probably not getting paid a whole lot.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Given those times voice actors for the Yakuza video game franchise got effectively unpersoned from the entire industry for drug abuse allegations, I imagine the consequences of loving up are rather more severe over there.

Also, wasn't there some kinda thing where a ton of fans in Japan freaked out because the main voice actress of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya had sex once or something silly like that and she had to quit the industry forever?

You don't hear about a lot of voice actor scandals in Japan but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason is just because the bar for ruining your career is significantly lower.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aya Hirano is still active, thought not as much as she used to be.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Also, wasn't there some kinda thing where a ton of fans in Japan freaked out because the main voice actress of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya had sex once or something silly like that and she had to quit the industry forever?

She hosed everyone in her band but the bassist and yeah she was out of the limelight for years after that. She still had regular voice acting roles afaik (did Fairy Tail ever stop running during that time period, even?)

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Why not the bassist??

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It seems like Japan uses VAs for how we use regular movie stars. Which would explain why anyone cared some girl hosed someone in their band.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheKingofSprings posted:

She hosed everyone in her band but the bassist

:eyepop:

Hadn't heard about that, but drat more power to her. Get it, Dende.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think that blackballing was well deserved. Bassists need some loving too!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

dr.acula posted:

Why not the bassist??

I think he was married or in a relationship?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

a cartoon duck posted:

Given those times voice actors for the Yakuza video game franchise got effectively unpersoned from the entire industry for drug abuse allegations, I imagine the consequences of loving up are rather more severe over there.

Wasn't the Yakuza voice actor not even a regular voice actor but more of a movie actor? Not disagreeing with that the potential to ruin your career is much greater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

mycot posted:

Wasn't the Yakuza voice actor not even a regular voice actor but more of a movie actor? Not disagreeing with that the potential to ruin your career is much greater.

He was in a band too, and that band got its tracks pulled off Spotify just for association.