Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Does anybody have any experience with the RG Unicorn Full Armor? I know the regular RG Unicorn is a great kit, but how does it hold up with all that extra stuff on top of it?

Mine stands fine (at least, in destroy mode, I find the feet are slightly less stable in unicorn mode). All my action bases are in use, so I haven't thrown it up on one to see how it flies while wearing all of the shields (and bazookas). I haven't spent a whole lot of time posing it, so I don't know how much the joints will loosen up, but the regular RG Unicorn's have stayed pretty stiff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Kuvo posted:

Is a spray like this safe to use on gunpla plastic? Will I need a primer first?

Should be fine, test it on a spare part or some runner beforehand to make sure. You can probably get away without primer (which you'd want to use a lacquer for anyway, just because of how aggressive the solvents in lacquers are) for black, but less opaque colors (red, yellow, white, etc) you'd definitely want a primer layer to make sure things looked consistent across different colors of plastic.

edit: primer is also pretty important if you're after a perfect glossy finish, smooth surfaces before paint make for smooth surfaces after.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Finally.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

The Nu announcement was posted already but drat that sazabi

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

RG Nu!! I'm so excited!!

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Holy piss, this is the best worst stupidest most amazing PB item ever.

They're releasing the 4 custom Maganacs and for all you die hards/people with serious head injuries: A 36 pack of Maganacs so you can faithfully recreate the 40 Maganac battalion. :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1119160025178492928?s=19

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I love the Maganac but not enough for 40 variants but I'll unfortunately shill for the rest of the OZ grunts

Give me Arieses and Cancers and Pisceses and Tauruses bandaiiii

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Even bandai can't be stupid enough to ignore how popular Wing was in the USA. Why PB the lot of them? I know I'm building at least 3 different layouts. I did the same with the Ez-SR and the Foxhound, sadly the Fox was a PB and I had to pay a premium for it.

e: Better yet, release the weapon loadouts separate ala IBO or the BF custom kits, make them all available.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ka0 posted:

Even bandai can't be stupid enough to ignore how popular Wing was in the USA. Why PB the lot of them?

Altron, Sandrock and Heavyarms say hi.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Altron, Sandrock and Heavyarms say hi.

Also, the Magnac Corps? Pretty far down on the list of people's favorite Wing designs. Making it a mass release in the first place was a surprise.

If the Leo's alt versions are P-Bandai, this didn't have a chance to begin with.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Mine stands fine (at least, in destroy mode, I find the feet are slightly less stable in unicorn mode). All my action bases are in use, so I haven't thrown it up on one to see how it flies while wearing all of the shields (and bazookas). I haven't spent a whole lot of time posing it, so I don't know how much the joints will loosen up, but the regular RG Unicorn's have stayed pretty stiff.

OK I bought one

Puddin posted:

Finally.

That's kind of frustrating because I'm very excited for the Nu and will buy it, but I still wish they would do some RGs of suits that aren't Gundams or Chars. I'd be so psyched for a RG Gouf

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The RG Gouf and Ground Gundam have been on the table since the RG line first launched, but theyve never come to fruition. There's pictures out there of a preview for the Gouf RG mechanical design but nothing else.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
It's the same issue I have with the PG line where I really don't care a whole lot about any protagonist gundams.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I need to find the latest product survey for pbandai where I let them know how much I hate their stupid service. That'll show them.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Anything particularly cursed about the Eva Unit-01 PG or would that be a good kit to pick up on sale?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

Anything particularly cursed about the Eva Unit-01 PG or would that be a good kit to pick up on sale?

The black rubber suit it has is a nightmare to work with

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

How cheap are we talking?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Midjack posted:

How cheap are we talking?

$75.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If you really like Evangelion I’d probably do that but the rubber is unbelievably annoying to work with. Peep this review: https://youtu.be/BzX5MVxXF4M

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Kotobukiya Frame Arms White Tiger with oil panel lining and light weathering. Ill be working on weapons this weekend.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Midjack posted:

If you really like Evangelion I’d probably do that but the rubber is unbelievably annoying to work with. Peep this review: https://youtu.be/BzX5MVxXF4M

After getting home and watching this review: yeah, this seems like it would just make me bitter and I'll pass. Thanks! I don't think I'd considered youtube would have gunpla reviews.

For some reason.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

END ME SCOOB posted:

After getting home and watching this review: yeah, this seems like it would just make me bitter and I'll pass. Thanks! I don't think I'd considered youtube would have gunpla reviews.

For some reason.

The Koto Evangelion kits are pretty good. MG sized but are pretty nice to build.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

That Gobbo posted:

Kotobukiya Frame Arms White Tiger with oil panel lining and light weathering. Ill be working on weapons this weekend.

Nice nice nice

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

The Koto Evangelion kits are pretty good. MG sized but are pretty nice to build.

I have the Koto Eva-01 and can confirm it is a Good Kit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

For some reason.

There aren’t many worth watching, so don’t feel like you’re missing out. :v:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Midjack posted:

There aren’t many worth watching, so don’t feel like you’re missing out. :v:

Didn't someone dress his cat as a Gundam and then review the cat?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Has anyone made the HG Mazinger kits? I just found out about them and they look rad.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Finished the White Tiger today. Anyone know a good cloth to use/cut up for a black backdrop? I have the AmazonBasics photo booth for reference (love it except it only comes with white backdrop).

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Aaaand time to buy that photo booth. Looks amazing.

Any tips for protecting my paintjob? I'm clear coating with pledge future but even after a few days of drying and curing if a joint rubs or plastic touches plastic I'm losing my paint. Easy enough to fix by hand rushing the color over but it's incredibly annoying given I want to do multiple poses and I want a "new" kit look and not a weathered one.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Lacquer top coats are what you want for the best protection.

Build it up over a few light coats and it should be good.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

That Gobbo posted:

Finished the White Tiger today. Anyone know a good cloth to use/cut up for a black backdrop? I have the AmazonBasics photo booth for reference (love it except it only comes with white backdrop).

I like the Frame Arms line and had my eye on White Tiger but I don't like the head. I'd want to swap it out or customise it heavily.

You did a really good, subtle job here.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Azubah posted:

Has anyone made the HG Mazinger kits? I just found out about them and they look rad.

I've built Great and it is indeed rad, not to mention huge by high-grade standards. Lots of panel-lines to break up the silhouette of what is originally a 70s design I believe. (or as I describe it, a robot made from balls and cylinders)
It doesn't need much paint to look good either. I only painted the yellow on the cockpit (I think there were stickers for that), the eyes and the mouth vents.

In addition there is a stand, two swords and a bunch of different hands including fists, holding hands for the swords, open palm and a pointing hand. The backpack and the cockpit (a tiny fighter jet with removable nose) can be removed as well.

That said, it's not the most flexible figure around. I've got the pointing arm about as far out to the side as it goes and the left leg's hip and knee are at their limits as well. It's also lacking in effect parts for rocket punches or thunderbreaks. So if that's what you want, you'll have to buy a Mazinger Z to borrow effects parts from.

maninthesuit fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Apr 21, 2019

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Picked up and subsequently built the Maganac today. It's not quite the stickerless masterpiece the Leo was, it has stickers for the front/back faces of the shoulders but the rest of the dark yellow/orange bits are all proper inlay. I won't be buying the 36 pack but I'll totally get all the named customs.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 21, 2019

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
https://twitter.com/koba26332043/status/1119902010281644032?s=19

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
That rules but it's missing the ability to fire its tiny funnels in 10 different directions and get lost under a couch

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Gunpla battle, start up

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

And here I am trying to make one tiny led work.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Please enjoy this FMP M9, because I did not.

It's not a bad kit to assemble, but the way it's built makes painting it a gargantuan pain. Plus its gimmicks are going to scratch the hell out of raw plastic, let alone anything with paint on it.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
1) any FMP kit is a good kit :colbert:
2) I love the hell out of the poses you put it in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Never not put your robits into ridiculous poses.