Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I love the last one where you've got it hanging on a wire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

That's a drat good Graze Schwalbe pose. I'm stealing some of these

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

grassy gnoll posted:

Never not put your robits into ridiculous poses.

You have excellent tastes.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Good posin' all around

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
https://bandai-hobby.net/site/nextphasegunpla/

RG Nu is 4500 yen. Hopefully it comes with funnel stands.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Oh I guess the Double Fin Funnel is already gonna be a P-Bandai according to that link

Not really surprising at all I guess

When will someone reproduce that complete Fin Funnel wheel in 1/144 scale

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

LibrarianCroaker posted:

they made it less chunky :(

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
It's so katokian. I wonder if they'll include a booklet of decals too.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i'm not a detail super-expert but I can't really parse the difference between the MG ver. Ka and that one

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Do I suck at looking at things, or are there similar design elements in that version of the Nu that you also see in the Narrative and Unicorn? Not specific pieces but rather overall shapes. The lower legs and the skirt armor, for instance.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
They're all linked.

Unicorn disappears at the end of UC:0096, narrative is a new test bed, which leads to the Nu.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Puddin posted:

They're all linked.

Unicorn disappears at the end of UC:0096, narrative is a new test bed, which leads to the Nu.

Other way around. Nu is 0093. Narrative looks to be based off the Nu.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Argas posted:

Yeah, I thought I was off, just going off memory.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Argas posted:

According to official materials Narrative was a test bed for Nu's psychoframe.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

RillAkBea posted:

According to official materials Narrative was a test bed for Nu's psychoframe.

So the narrative was a testbed for the Nu, which since the Ver Ka. was implied to be the first time psycho frame was used throughout the MS which made it a testbed for the Unicorn.

Sure why not.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm not crazy about how they've changed the Nu to fit better in that development line. I guess we'll never get a modern kit of the real Nu Gundam

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Gripweed posted:

I'm not crazy about how they've changed the Nu to fit better in that development line. I guess we'll never get a modern kit of the real Nu Gundam

No amorphous blobs please.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Yeah, this RG Nu design is kinda disappointing. I guess I’ll reserve judgement until we see it next to the RG Sazabi.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I can't believe my feelings for a TV wing zero have doubled now. ; (

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I think the RG looks fine, but the Ver Ka is just that good that it's hard to be wowed by another take on that style for the Nu.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Ka0 posted:

I love the Grimoire. I want to see the end results when it's done.

Long time coming and not "done" yet but here is the pre-decals, pre-matte Grimoire missing the custom backpack. Taken with a potato phone on two sheets of printer paper and edited in Google Photos and basically drenched in Future. So far I feel okay about it!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Zodack posted:

Long time coming and not "done" yet but here is the pre-decals, pre-matte Grimoire missing the custom backpack. Taken with a potato phone on two sheets of printer paper and edited in Google Photos and basically drenched in Future. So far I feel okay about it!

The Graze shoulder pads give it a very distinct sillouhette as most of the Grimoire is round and not angular at all.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Yeah, the idea was a bit more heavy armor without getting too crazy. The backpack has the Gabaldy rebake scissor and mortar, so it should look a lot chunkier when that is done

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The RG Unicorn Full Armor has an upsetting number of decals that are slightly larger than the surface they're suppose to be applied to.

Also just a ton of decals in general. A dozen decals for each of the 6 gatling guns

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

Anything particularly cursed about the Eva Unit-01 PG or would that be a good kit to pick up on sale?

I know you've already been dissuaded, but I bought one like 15 years ago for $90, and it's probably one of the worst kits I've ever built. The mechanics are HG-level, the bodysuit is a pain, and the range of motion for everything is just awful. It pre-dates PG RX-78-2 by a year, but it shows none of the design chops of that kit. I hope whoever was involved in designing that kit was sent to Revell's SnapTite department, where they deserve to stay for eternity.

In another tack, I started using Molotow's Liquid Chrome paint pen instead of chrome stickers on some kits, and it's pretty good. For some reason, though, they only have silver chrome, no other tints. Is anyone aware of any other good chrome paint pens in gold or other colors?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

looking good

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Now release the PG you cowards.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Do 7-11 in Japan still release recoloured gunpla?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Do 7-11 in Japan still release recoloured gunpla?

I don't think they've done that for a few years now, sadly. Pretty sure they've done most of the really big-name Gundams and Zeon mecha anyway at this point, haven't they?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
My wife picked up a 7-11 strike freedom gundam last year at the 7-11 inside the same shopping complex as gundam base

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Another one down. Felt like one of the older MGs I build when I first started due to the tubes in the legs, right down to opening the leg up and doing it right.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I've always meant to ask, what are the Hazel's kicking rad kneepads for?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Pyroclastic posted:

I know you've already been dissuaded, but I bought one like 15 years ago for $90, and it's probably one of the worst kits I've ever built. The mechanics are HG-level, the bodysuit is a pain, and the range of motion for everything is just awful. It pre-dates PG RX-78-2 by a year, but it shows none of the design chops of that kit. I hope whoever was involved in designing that kit was sent to Revell's SnapTite department, where they deserve to stay for eternity.

In another tack, I started using Molotow's Liquid Chrome paint pen instead of chrome stickers on some kits, and it's pretty good. For some reason, though, they only have silver chrome, no other tints. Is anyone aware of any other good chrome paint pens in gold or other colors?

You could always do clear colors over it. If you want a crazy bright reflective gold, put down a black gloss enamel base coat and use Mr. Metal Color gold (same goes for the other colors in the Mr. Metal Color line). Once it's dried, you can buff it to a crazy high shine.

If you have a Dremel, the cotton buffing wheel is perfect for the job. I use it all the time with that method.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Booourns posted:

looking good

Bandai, just tell me how you plan to keep the funnels from falling off all the drat time, that's the only thing that matters.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Space buoyancy.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ka0 posted:

It has bigass thrusters on the front and back of the legs, so the big knees are just there to facilitate those.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Pyroclastic posted:

It pre-dates PG RX-78-2 by a year, but it shows none of the design chops of that kit.

So that one still holds up? Cool. It's the next in my backlog.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

So that one still holds up? Cool. It's the next in my backlog.

Well, it's pretty primitive compared to modern PGs, and I haven't really dug into it in a while (though I need to since I got those replacement ankle polycaps), but the detailing is still excellent. It uses die-cast bits and a fair number of screws to secure some things, which I kinda think modern PGs could use (since some of them have such gigantic structures that they struggle to keep aloft or hold, like wing binders or fuckoff huge swords and guns). Mechanics-wise, you're probably looking at an MG from 10 years ago, but with more opening hatches. It doesn't have all the fancy sliding armor modern kits do, so the articulation is a bit constrained.

But it was leaps and bounds over the MGs and HGs of the era.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Mostly finished up the backpack so I can go into a final assembly before I decal and matte coat it. Still not great with Future and figuring out gloss coating but for a first kitbash I'm very satisfied.

Also please feel free to laugh at my great four sheets of printer paper + one lamp photo booth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zodack posted:

Mostly finished up the backpack so I can go into a final assembly before I decal and matte coat it. Still not great with Future and figuring out gloss coating but for a first kitbash I'm very satisfied.

Also please feel free to laugh at my great four sheets of printer paper + one lamp photo booth

That looks impressively gladitorial. I think I actually like it better than the original custom Rebake. I think it might need a bigger shield to complete it though, maybe?