Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
And does that allow you to run hacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah, i just used cheat engine and i'm speeding around on my alt account. will report in if i'm banned

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Raioner posted:

Anyone still sitting on the fence about this game should really give it a try, its a lot of fun. I started like 4 days ago and I've been running around with zerg vs zerg stuff and ganking and having a blast.

Get in the guild and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Can vouch that raioner has already contributed to end game PVP fighting with us as a healer showcasing his silver-elo league skills in every battle... not bad for having been in game less than a week.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Glut do you guys GvG at all?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i doubt they do, it's boring and unfun

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
whats the official verdict? is the anti cheat working? is the game good and fun?

The tutorial area was like an hour long of bullshit fetch quest garbage and when it finally ended I wandered off to a desert to find cool poo poo but i did not have a level 69 pick axe of mining so i couldnt get good rocks and turned it off.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

Glut do you guys GvG at all?

Well -- its hard to get people who

a.) can commit to scrims/practice
b.) have decent spec
c.) have non-arthritis hands

We currently have 2 teams in the works but inevitably i predict it to fizzle out -- the nice thing is you can scrim in relatively cheap gear in royals now(theyre soft IP capped).

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I guess I'm thinking more of all that new land grab crap. I logged in for 5 minutes and found that there are 3 gvgs total when I looked because its alliance quest online. So I imagine if someone actually does take a territory in mercia they just send in 4 attacks making it impossible.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

dogsupremacy posted:

whats the official verdict? is the anti cheat working? is the game good and fun?

Still unbanned, just closed anticheat in taskmanager during startup and it doesnt prevent cheatengine from letting me speedhack just like before. Made a fresh t4 account and I'm doubling my attackspeed and running at 1.2x speed to gank people with a couple of friends. Will report back.

Matty
Oct 29, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Still unbanned, just closed anticheat in taskmanager during startup and it doesnt prevent cheatengine from letting me speedhack just like before. Made a fresh t4 account and I'm doubling my attackspeed and running at 1.2x speed to gank people with a couple of friends. Will report back.

I wish you wouldn't talk so much poo poo. Even bots don't work on AO anymore lmao

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Matty posted:

I wish you wouldn't talk so much poo poo. Even bots don't work on AO anymore lmao

wtf AO had bots?

Makes sense I guess, though. Gathering wasn't fun and people will automate non-fun.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Matty posted:

I'd like to think my various guides on how to speedhack, zoom hack and the like caused the devs to fix these loopholes. The game used to be plauged by speedhacking botters, less so now.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

I'd like to think my various guides on how to speedhack, zoom hack and the like caused the devs to fix these loopholes. The game used to be plauged by speedhacking botters, less so now.

Couldn't be because of the anti cheat? You're the reason there's less cheating, for sure.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

never seen anyone speedhacking in albion -- weird that you have never posted a video of you doing it.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

I guess I'm thinking more of all that new land grab crap. I logged in for 5 minutes and found that there are 3 gvgs total when I looked because its alliance quest online. So I imagine if someone actually does take a territory in mercia they just send in 4 attacks making it impossible.

GvG being tied to territory conquest is the one thing about the game I think is still badly designed/broken.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Can't wait to read the verdict on this, so I can continue not playing regardless

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FormerFatty posted:

GvG being tied to territory conquest is the one thing about the game I think is still badly designed/broken.

After returning and playing for a few hours. I can see a number of changes they need to make. The game continues to have promise of a ARPG style MMO except it is once again having the work squandered. I feel like I said the same thing in the Round Table. Which I am sure is once again full of try hard top guilds if it even still exists, those whom only PvP and have no ability to imagine something other than PvP.

1) The assumption that players will move to PvP if they put the best stuff in Red is wrong and has been proven so since the alpha of this game, and we are now 1 year after release. Only a subset of people will do this and while the game is enjoying a "brief" hike in players in the short term, the numbers will once again flat line after 3 months because of the same old issues. All the people playing now are simply those who wouldn't pay a box cost because the game could be another disaster. Those players now get to try the game for free.

2) They need to split out PvE and PvP. There is a group of players (RuneScape) and many more who would enjoy a brainless PvE grind and support the game. Currently those players simply quit the game just like the 97% of the starting population after they got ganked by XxxXEliteDudeXxxxXX420 one too many times. Additional revenue could pay to continue to get newly added content and actually start building a staff again at that company.

However, sadly the company has proven to stick to a PvP mentality which simply doesn't work and hasn't worked for nearly 20 years of gaming. What they came up with did not change the mold, and the game was on life support until this (FTP) last ditch effort was done.

Again this post really isn't supposed to be negative, just the reality the developers refuse to admit. Also 5v5 was garbage from the get go, and while it has its place in AO, it isn't in the current implementation, nor will it ever be.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

After returning and playing for a few hours. I can see a number of changes they need to make. The game continues to have promise of a ARPG style MMO except it is once again having the work squandered. I feel like I said the same thing in the Round Table. Which I am sure is once again full of try hard top guilds if it even still exists, those whom only PvP and have no ability to imagine something other than PvP.

1) The assumption that players will move to PvP if they put the best stuff in Red is wrong and has been proven so since the alpha of this game, and we are now 1 year after release. Only a subset of people will do this and while the game is enjoying a "brief" hike in players in the short term, the numbers will once again flat line after 3 months because of the same old issues. All the people playing now are simply those who wouldn't pay a box cost because the game could be another disaster. Those players now get to try the game for free.

2) They need to split out PvE and PvP. There is a group of players (RuneScape) and many more who would enjoy a brainless PvE grind and support the game. Currently those players simply quit the game just like the 97% of the starting population after they got ganked by XxxXEliteDudeXxxxXX420 one too many times. Additional revenue could pay to continue to get newly added content and actually start building a staff again at that company.

However, sadly the company has proven to stick to a PvP mentality which simply doesn't work and hasn't worked for nearly 20 years of gaming. What they came up with did not change the mold, and the game was on life support until this (FTP) last ditch effort was done.

Again this post really isn't supposed to be negative, just the reality the developers refuse to admit. Also 5v5 was garbage from the get go, and while it has its place in AO, it isn't in the current implementation, nor will it ever be.

Errr -- are you advocating that they add safe PVE in this game beyond yellow zones? Isnt that sort of against the whole idea of the game?

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

FormerFatty posted:

Errr -- are you advocating that they add safe PVE in this game beyond yellow zones? Isnt that sort of against the whole idea of the game?

I think he's saying the vast majority of untapped potential market for the game are things like Runescape players who want a safe, rewarding PVE experience. It may be against the whole idea of the game but if your idea isn't working to keep your company afloat maybe it was a bad idea to begin with.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

On the other hand, runescape players are just going to play runescape. You're unlikely to wean them away to a new game regardless of what you do.

"Maybe Albion should be Runescape" doesn't sound particularly feasible. Most of the existing systems would have to go entirely because they just don't function if there's nothing taking player gear out of the back end of the loop because people can do everything in perfect safety.

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010
In as Poofie

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

sheepdemon posted:

I think he's saying the vast majority of untapped potential market for the game are things like Runescape players who want a safe, rewarding PVE experience. It may be against the whole idea of the game but if your idea isn't working to keep your company afloat maybe it was a bad idea to begin with.

Except thered be no reason to play albion vs. a game like POE which is PVE centric, right?

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself
I wasn't agreeing with the guy I was explaining what his point was. I like PVP.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Seperating pve and pvp is dumb

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
this game isnt complete poo poo

cheesehead
Oct 15, 2008
played it for a few hours now and ran out of quests, guess all thats left now is to join a guild?

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
i have tier 4 bullshit how do i play with goons

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
im on the discord but everyone is yelling in spanish

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I'm back on after dropping this for a year. What is the current goon guild? Character name is OlDirtMcGirt if somebody can shoot me an invite.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I typed a bunch of poo poo and then realized it was just a broken record circa 2015. These devs don't learn anything, and the ones that do go sell food which gets delivered to your doorstep.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

this game's biggest issues were a dwindling available playerbase and the removal of small gang viable ganking.

the massive influx of people from f2p helps those issues as there are so many retarded foreigners with 600 ping feeding you infinite gear

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
any of you boys want to fart around? add me bb

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

dogsupremacy posted:

any of you boys want to fart around? add me bb

Link up with the guild -- you can pretty much get pug gank groups with us in alderwood 24x7.
https://discord.gg/YsYTWcb

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The ultimate irony would be if his wife then divorced him and he came back from Albion to find he had no gear in real life either.

Pinchy
Feb 15, 2004

Fishy deep sea businessman.
In as DOngus. Auth for the discord please

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
hello i hope you all have a great time playing this video game while the gettins good

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FireWhizzle posted:

hello i hope you all have a great time playing this video game while the gettins good

i''ve played over the last couple of weeks and the game is full of complete morons feeding me gear, my only concern is that when people wisen up the game is going to go back to the status quo where it's nearly impossible to kill people

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

i''ve played over the last couple of weeks and the game is full of complete morons feeding me gear, my only concern is that when people wisen up the game is going to go back to the status quo where it's nearly impossible to kill people

It's never been impossible to kill people in Albion -- the only time ganking sucked was late NA hours when the zones were kinda empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

Miss you brother -- if you have any interest in tear collecting, hit me up on discord <3