Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Cersei sent the golden company and the Lannister army to Winterfell without dragonglass or valyrian steel or dragons to get immediately wiped out by the Night King and leave every inch of the south undefended against either a Night King victory or a Targaryen victory.

Yes, D&D are that dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
My mom assures me these leaks are real, because she watched the actual episodes today.

Arya steals qyburns face, poisons Cersei and then slits her throat
NK fucks up the Vale. Sweetrobin dies.
Drogon kills Visyerian
Dragon fire doesn't affect WW, does affect whitey
Brienne dies, but not before banging Jaime
Dany has baby girl
Dany dies in child birth
Golden Company guts dragonstone, takes dany body to Urine
Bran wharfs into dragon, burns kingslanding to the ground

Oh wait, now after spending the day crying about various aspects of this, and showing me her goosebumps... now after I Start grilling her, she shows me the "video" and it's a bunch of still screens, with narration in a robot voice.

After I explained that it wasn't real she said "oh, I guess I have a hard time telling fiction from reality online", and that ladies and gentlemen, is why donald trump is president today.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

wasn't cersei's whole plan last season to wait until the North & Daenerys were exhausted fighting the Others, then mop 'em up

also wasn't the whole tension with Dany last season this idea that if she helped the North, Cersei would have time to consolidate the South against her
seems like the golden company should be, doing that

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Nope. They're getting zomb'd by NK while the south is defenseless.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cersei isn't smart, but the writers are even not smarterer.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

The fact that GRRM is a fan of a perpetually underachieving football team is at the heart of ASOIAF.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I believe Absolute Fucker is the term you are all grasping for. I think he does poo poo like this when everyone is excited about HBO stuff. I mean, he _could_ drop a teaser, or a new chapter, or really anything to remind us how much we like the books, but nah. Just another chum bucket of "get hosed".

Solice Kirsk posted:

You know what would surprise the hell out of me at this point? If the show ends with Dany completely mad kinging all of the people that got her there and killing Jon to make sure to keep the thrown. Everyone hates/fears her. She still has a dragon to nuke her enemies. And her foreign armies are loyal only to her, all the great houses have been eliminated, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

Ending it in a worse position than it started would be pretty cool.
really too much to hope for.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I think she's going to do something barbaric as a ruler (or in the climax of an important battle) and step down from power due to guilt; at least that's what I thought the books were leading up to with her character.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just want to refer back to something pages back and say it's extremely weird how they had Arya flunk out of Assassin school only to come back to Westeros to be one of the best fighters on earth, able to stand up to Brienne of loving Tarth even though the actual first sword of Braavos, Syrio Foreskin, died to Meryn loving Trant. They might as well have just had her be a prodigy because that's how it shook out anyway.

Point is: The Hound is the best character on the show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I just want to refer back to something pages back and say it's extremely weird how they had Arya flunk out of Assassin school only to come back to Westeros to be one of the best fighters on earth, able to stand up to Brienne of loving Tarth even though the actual first sword of Braavos, Syrio Foreskin, died to Meryn loving Trant. They might as well have just had her be a prodigy because that's how it shook out anyway.

Point is: The Hound is the best character on the show.

I went back and watched the scene where he murders the poo poo out of the Brotherhood bandits and it's just solid gold.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think the prevailing thing with The Hound is that Rory McCann is so charismatic that he could act through anything they give him and it turns out to be good.

Nikolaj is also charismatic as gently caress and he's also managed to salvage Jaime through some major tripe.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Grevling posted:

Yeah, but do you think medieval nobles were a bunch of nihilists who knew they were an oppressive class and didn't care? Didn't they truly believe that they deserved their position because they embodied some sort of ideal?

They believed, from their writing, that God said they should be in charge, and whatever oppression that took was in the name of doing God's Work. Projecting some concern for themselves as oppressors onto them does a disservice to their attitudes, they often write about considering the peasantry as much a part of the land as the beasts in the fields, and as such simply property to be husbanded for revenue.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 25, 2019

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

I loathe GRRM for a myriad of reasons but him somehow supporting the Giants AND the Jets is definitely high on the list.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Trolling people on Twitter about how hes not finished the books yet is a particularly oval office move from the fat gently caress.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

hitchensgoespop posted:

Trolling people on Twitter about how hes not finished the books yet is a particularly oval office move from the fat gently caress.

There are roughly 576 hours left before he's irrelevant forever. Dude's gotta go out with a bang, and this is all he's got left in the tank now.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

nine-gear crow posted:

There are roughly 576 hours left before he's irrelevant forever. Dude's gotta go out with a bang, and this is all he's got left in the tank now.

I mean, this is the only bang he's gonna be getting any time soon.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

people never talk about Hodor anymore

only two years since his death...
do people truly forget so quickly?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

people never talk about Hodor anymore

only two years since his death...
do people truly forget so quickly?

Oh, I got a feeling Kristian Narin is gonna be hearing “hold the door” everywhere he goes for the rest of his life. Poor gigantic bastard...

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Liquid Communism posted:

They believed, from their writing, that God said they should be in charge, and whatever oppression that took was in the name of doing God's Work. Projecting some concern for themselves as oppressors onto them does a disservice to their attitudes, they often write about considering the peasantry as much a part of the land as the beasts in the fields, and as such simply property to be husbanded for revenue.

Do you have any book recommendations about this? It's really interesting to me.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Remember when he did this? The Long Wait Is Over!!!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh, I got a feeling Kristian Narin is gonna be hearing “hold the door” everywhere he goes for the rest of his life. Poor gigantic bastard...

he's a brony and therefore deserves it

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

nine-gear crow posted:

He's not your bitch. At least he can sleep soundly with that knowledge and a full belly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lol the GOT writers had someone say "you're not as smart as you think you are" and said :hmmyes: ctrl+s and then went to bed without a hint of awareness

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's a kickin' rad jacket

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

((Comments permitted, but ONLY on the NFL and the draft. Off topic comments will be deleted))

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

((Comments permitted, but ONLY on the NFL and the draft. Off topic comments will be deleted))

Can't believe there are 99 bootlickers who actually commented on the dumb NFL stuff instead of just flooding with "BOOK WHEN!" and pissing him and his assistant off by forcing them to delete every comment

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if they really want to catch GRRMs attention and get some spoilers they need to write something like

"i'm a 12 year old girl teehee"

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1121144033995296768

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lol

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Must be a bitch trying to ride those coattails of a popular fantasy series when all you really have is a generic fantasy setting.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kind of like Star Wars, the universe of GOT they've set up isn't actually that interesting and a lot of it was that the characters were interesting so if you can't write those characters or are unable to use them at all, you have nothing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
And much like Star Wars the idea for a new series only gets better the further away from the original timeline you get.

Star Wars either needs a KOTOR trilogy or Thrawn trilogy. Get away from the god drat Skywalker years.

Thrones needs either an Asshai or Old Valyria prequel. gently caress Westeros and anything after Aegon's conquest.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Thrawns already canon in the cartoons or whatever so idk how possible it is for him to get movied. The TLJ guy is supposedly getting his own trilogy but who knows in a post-Solo world.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
that's good to hear, that the stowaway Porg is getting his own movie trilogy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Stowaway Porg sounds so much like a ASOIAF name I had to think about it for a while

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

wasn't cersei's whole plan last season to wait until the North & Daenerys were exhausted fighting the Others, then mop 'em up

also wasn't the whole tension with Dany last season this idea that if she helped the North, Cersei would have time to consolidate the South against her
seems like the golden company should be, doing that

Hey, when you find that magical mercenary company that will take a job across half the world to help a losing side against -motherfucking dragons-, and are willing to work for a notoriously fickle and unstable employer on the eve of a long, brutal winter, you might as well just throw them into the frozen wastes to check out the undead abominations up close. Gotta see if there's anything they _won't_ do.

Maybe the Golden Company are the real Unsullied

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I just want to refer back to something pages back and say it's extremely weird how they had Arya flunk out of Assassin

It really only makes sense if the Waif took her face.

Liquid Communism posted:

I mean, this is the only bang he's gonna be getting any time soon.

I'm pretty sure he gets some freaky strange at those cons

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

PittTheElder posted:

Good god I hope the Golden Company doesn't go anywhere North of the Neck, that would just be insanely stupid. I guess that would be par for the course for these writers though

have you been watching the show? they're gona try and kill dany too because ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ginette Reno posted:

new thread title?