Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
This chapter made me think back to the legend that Phos originally heard from Ventricosus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The creepy before the storm?

https://mangadex.org/chapter/529756

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
wanna try those pastries

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well that's unsettling

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ahahaha aechma you fuckin weirdo

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Dangggg Cairngorm's foot in that last panel is a mood

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
aaaaaaaaaghghghg

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's very important to pass the time meaningfully

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Every chapter bleak as the last

God how is this going to conclude

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The incurable optimist in me wants Aechma to be basically on the level.

and then not disappear with the rest of the ghosts because he's found something to live for.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if everyone is acting in good faith, i'd wager that events still won't turn out well.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
New Chapter!
Well Phos managed to get Adamant to boot up at least, progress!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That's some progress I guess?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
what happened to you Bort, you used to be cool

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Bort was never cool because she was mean to Diamond :colbert:

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Bort's still cool look at how creative they were with their hair!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think bort is more than halfway justified under the circumstances

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
sorry i mean BORT :clap: DID :clap: NOTHING :clap: WRONG!!!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Okay, so Adamant is, uh, booting up? And Phos was the one who could trigger it? Perhaps because Phos is the closest to what could be considered "human", at this point???

Goddammit, this could go absolutely anywhere

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Speaking of cool, I noticed Rutile during my reread and they have definitely lost theirs completely, that is not a face Phos wants to wake up to next chapter.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wasn't rutile face shown in page 7? at the bottom middle panel. That's who I assumed it was

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

A guy I follow on Twitter linked to this Thai artist with incredible Houseki fan art.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Richmond_Lee/status/1109882387276529665

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

boredsatellite posted:

Wasn't rutile face shown in page 7? at the bottom middle panel. That's who I assumed it was

Yeah it was, and they are looking quite unhinged, and not who I'd want in charge of putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Rutile will put together phos just to ask them questions and to break them part again

it won't be pleasant

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Rutile is hella nuts because someone else managed to fix their perfect comatose gem buddy and now they don't have any reason to be indebted to Rutile

Or, alternative, more benevolent interpretation:

Rutile knows that Achmea didn't really "fix" Padparadscha, he corrupted/changed them, and it's driving Rutile mad how they could let that happen after all the centuries spent trying to fix them

Honestly, I'm tending towards #1 here. But I guess we'll see. I'm also still convinced there's SOMETHING going on with Padparadscha - they definitely know a lot more than they let on, they're the only gem around which is still stronger than Phos (monstrously so!), they're somehow similar to Phos (remember when they heard of Phos' gold arms, and remarked how "we're the same, then"?), and I kinda suspect Achmea DID fix them with superior moon technology, but they're cooperating somehow.

This entire premise and situation is so incredibly weird, it's downright impossible to predict anything here, I love it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boy howdy kids, your old pal phospholite has gotten themselves in one doozy of a pickle

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
boo Earth gems you suck

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

The seeds of doubt have been sown!

Phos' malicious ideology has already begun taking hold!

Will nothing stop this accursed IDEA-HAVER from poisoning innocent gems' minds left and right?!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Phos did everything wrong

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Torquemadras posted:

Rutile is hella nuts because someone else managed to fix their perfect comatose gem buddy and now they don't have any reason to be indebted to Rutile

It's more like their life's meaning, effort and work were just rendered meaningless. They became a doctor to save Pad but all the years, centuries of regret, pain and loss meant nothing. But some loving nobody took Pad to the Moon and gets them fixed.

There's an element of obsession of being the one to fix Pad but also the fact that they were rendered as utterly unimportant in the overall picture.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wanna bet that it will take a few hundred years until our shiny idiots on Earth decide to dig up Phos and meanwhile all moon gems will go full Cairngorm, making this whole mess even more of a shitfest?

And I am not sure I am liking Cinnabars new deal of Yay! I'm useful. Also - gently caress Phos.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
phos did nothing wrong. defend phos at all costs

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
phos disrupted a completely static dis-functional society built on lies and secrets and none of the gems will ever forgive them for it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wow Phos is always so relatable by being the biggest gently caress up ever.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Phos was buried in the cliff with red soil. Is this where she gets the last of the 7 treasures?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
new chapter
well poo poo
some really effective body horror this chapter

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Looking awfully Bloodborne there, Phos :ohdear:

But the true horror is no chapter next month