Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I don't know if Johnson is going to actually fight Rowboat, but he's certainly going to be a huge dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Vadoc posted:

I wonder what the odds are of the Dark Angels deep dark secret they've been trying to keep will finally get spilled in this conflict.

gently caress, I hope it's super anti-climatic reveal. Like Bobby G just goes "Wait, poo poo Lion, I've known about that since the loving Heresy. We have bigger poo poo to worry about then half your legion being dicks. Hell, have you seen how many successor chapters have fallen to chaos? At least you kept half your legion in line unlike those other pricks."

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

bunnyofdoom posted:

gently caress, I hope it's super anti-climatic reveal. Like Bobby G just goes "Wait, poo poo Lion, I've known about that since the loving Heresy. We have bigger poo poo to worry about then half your legion being dicks. Hell, have you seen how many successor chapters have fallen to chaos? At least you kept half your legion in line unlike those other pricks."
Depending on where you look that's the cover-secret for the REAL secret, which is that the Lion's half fell and they're just hoping that nobody has noticed in the last 10k years as they try to hide it by being Extra Non-Heretical.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

"Bro, I woke up 300 years ago and dad was a corpse on a throne, everyone was worshipping him, and then the universe split into two. I hadn't even had a cup of goddamn coffee yet and I was being expected to fix this poo poo. I've been too busy trying to get this poo poo into a semblance of order to even think straight. And I still haven't even had my goddamn coffee. How the gently caress did you get a cup?"

Vadoc posted:

I wonder what the odds are of the Dark Angels deep dark secret they've been trying to keep will finally get spilled in this conflict.

:golfclap:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Yes..I meant to do that. Haha.. :sweatdrop:

Now someone needs to paste the Lion's head over Ajit Pai's stupid face with that oversized stupid coffee mug of his.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

PSA for those who haven't noticed and might have been waiting.

Plague War (The Second Dark Imperium book) finally has an Audible release today, as does the new Deathwatch novel Shadowbreaker.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

how many primarchs do we got to wake up before one of em finally figures out how to make lady space marines

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Just realised my personal headcanon just evolved that the two missing Primarchs are women, who both went ‘Jesus you all suck’ and ditched the Imperium entirely in favour of exploration, and with any luck will return all Golden Age tech and just take over a section of the galaxy, ruling it sensibly.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

how many primarchs do we got to wake up before one of em finally figures out how to make lady space marines

My personal headcanon for that is that there are lady space marines, just that after going through the process of becoming a space marine, they're virtually identical to regular space marines, what with the whole "Being taken as pre-pubescent children" thing, just that there are less of them because most girls that want to grow up to be brutal killing machines for the Emperor are gently persuaded to join the Adepta Sororitas because of the significantly lower risk of horrible death before finishing basic training.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Randalor posted:

My personal headcanon for that is that there are lady space marines, just that after going through the process of becoming a space marine, they're virtually identical to regular space marines, what with the whole "Being taken as pre-pubescent children" thing, just that there are less of them because most girls that want to grow up to be brutal killing machines for the Emperor are gently persuaded to join the Adepta Sororitas because of the significantly lower risk of horrible death before finishing basic training.

Oh hey mine too.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Randalor posted:

I had this conversation about three hours ago. The general consensus was it works like Fallout supermutants - it doesn't matter how they start out, the only difference after the implants is slightly different waste recycling systems in the armour.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Edit: Wrong thread

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

I'd bet on that GW had some internal debates about bringing in fem-marines with the Primaris stuff.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Cawl found some old notes written by Malcador, went "heeeey...."

I mean, the Mechanicus has plenty of precedent in taking both sexes and turning them into post-human abominations pinnacles of progress.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got some serious Anarch vibes from the latest episode of Game of Thrones. If I was a conspiracy nut who wasn't aware that scripts and books are written way in advance, I'd say someone took some inspiration from Abnett's scene set in the undercroft. However the actual answer is the usual "everything has been done before and the more you see the more things repeat themselves, intentionally or not."

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Pyrolocutus posted:

Why wouldn't Gullie just say "look, I talked with dad, you should talk with dad," then they gallivant off to Terra and sit in the throne room for a while until poo poo is sorted out?

I just feel like anything that outright sets the Lion against Guillie is going to be contrived as poo poo given the dire state of things. He's already lived through the Heresy, why is he going to turn without really sorting through things first?
That would rather hinge on whether Dad had anything to say beyond "...".

Rooty Bobooty's then like "The Imperium collapses if they realise that Dad's been reduced to a total vegetable from the strain of doing what the Golden Throne still just about forces him to do in the Immaterium, we have to keep this secret" where as Lionel's like "Um, we should probably just sign the forms and let them take Dad off life support", they have a fight which has to be forcibly shoved out of the throne room by the Custodians, there's your civil war.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Warthur posted:

That would rather hinge on whether Dad had anything to say beyond "...".

Rooty Bobooty's then like "The Imperium collapses if they realise that Dad's been reduced to a total vegetable from the strain of doing what the Golden Throne still just about forces him to do in the Immaterium, we have to keep this secret" where as Lionel's like "Um, we should probably just sign the forms and let them take Dad off life support", they have a fight which has to be forcibly shoved out of the throne room by the Custodians, there's your civil war.
Dark Imperium was pretty clear on the Emperor still having an intellect just that he's been stripped of an humanity that he ever had or at least stripped of the need/want to put on airs of having any to begin with.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Deptfordx posted:

PSA for those who haven't noticed and might have been waiting.

Plague War (The Second Dark Imperium book) finally has an Audible release today, as does the new Deathwatch novel Shadowbreaker.

Hell yes, even got a new Audible credit two days ago.

Are the first dark imperium book and plague war linked in any way?

I went for the first book of the Fabius Bile series with my last credit instead of Dark Imperium, not sure of I need to read that first.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Guyver posted:

Dark Imperium was pretty clear on the Emperor still having an intellect just that he's been stripped of an humanity that he ever had or at least stripped of the need/want to put on airs of having any to begin with.

Which sounds like an excellent reason why a Primarch other than Rootaboot might say "This is Not loving Right, I'm bringing back the Imperial Truth and overthrowing this abomination".

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Warthur posted:

Which sounds like an excellent reason why a Primarch other than Rootaboot might say "This is Not loving Right, I'm bringing back the Imperial Truth and overthrowing this abomination".

Embrace Chaos. Strangely apt if it's the Lion coming back.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
There’s also the element that The Lion won’t trust Guilli, because he won’t be sure whether he knows about the history of his Legion - Even if he is true & trustworthy, which is a big if, he can’t be sure what reception he’ll receive from the Imperium.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013
Then Russ bursts through the gate drunk, headbutts them both and starts to piss on the throne. The Khan arrives shortly after on his bike, says "nah" and roars off again. Magnus slips quietly by, dusts the remains of the Emp off the throne, sits down and collapses the entire goddam sector into a black hole to be done with it.

Turns out the Emperor was Alpharius all along...

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

There will probably be a schism as the lion wakes up and see’s the imperium is an extreme fanatic cult and goes wtf. Guili’s like it’s cool bro I was put off at first too but then I read this bible and the lion will freak the gently caress out about it and assume it’s all Guili’s fault.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Z the IVth posted:

Embrace Chaos. Strangely apt if it's the Lion coming back.

Thing is, the Imperial Truth isn't embracing Chaos - it's a stance that Spirituality Is Evil, Religion Will Be Stamped Out, Stop Feeding The Warp.

If anything, a Primarch who still believed in the Imperial Truth's most natural allies are the Necrons.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Warthur posted:

Thing is, the Imperial Truth isn't embracing Chaos - it's a stance that Spirituality Is Evil, Religion Will Be Stamped Out, Stop Feeding The Warp.

If anything, a Primarch who still believed in the Imperial Truth's most natural allies are the Necrons.

I'm saying that if he plunges the Imperium into a civil war right when there is a gigantic warp rift in the middle of the galaxy and Chaos gribblies crawling out of every sewer, he's doing exactly what Chaos wants.

i.e. Chaos.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dog_Meat posted:

Then Russ bursts through the gate drunk, headbutts them both and starts to piss on the throne. The Khan arrives shortly after on his bike, says "nah" and roars off again. Magnus slips quietly by, dusts the remains of the Emp off the throne, sits down and collapses the entire goddam sector into a black hole to be done with it.

Turns out the Emperor was Alpharius all along...

Between this and the Dark Angels cup jokes, y'all have been on fire lately.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Between this and the Dark Angels cup jokes, y'all have been on fire lately.

I... totally meant that...

Has Lorgar come back at any point, looked at the ultra religious Impreium and said "sniff, it's beautiful"? I know there was that great scene in one of the black legion books where a chaos marine is crippled with laughter because Lorgar won.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
ok but seriously and all why do we think the lion's coming back now?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Dog_Meat posted:

I... totally meant that...

Has Lorgar come back at any point, looked at the ultra religious Impreium and said "sniff, it's beautiful"? I know there was that great scene in one of the black legion books where a chaos marine is crippled with laughter because Lorgar won.

It's in talon of Horus, telemachon from the emperors children nearly chokes with laughter that lorgar had won after hearing about the God-emperor. Anyone who hasn't read that series really should it's brilliant

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

rocket_Magnet posted:

It's in talon of Horus, telemachon from the emperors children nearly chokes with laughter that lorgar had won after hearing about the God-emperor. Anyone who hasn't read that series really should it's brilliant

I think one or two of them pukes from laughing so hard too. It's a great scene.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Iron Rose posted:

ok but seriously and all why do we think the lion's coming back now?

Seems like the logical progression of things.

Also, What Could Happen If Lion El’Jonson Returned? - 40K Theories - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWnHSHXgy4o

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The Lectitio Divinitatus was written by Lorgar in his pre-chaos 'the Emperor is a God' phase so technically they've got a point.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Yeah they really should have banned that a little harder, or made it more widely known after the heresy started that this was written by a crazy traitor who deserted the emperor anyways.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

von Metternich posted:

Yeah they really should have banned that a little harder, or made it more widely known after the heresy started that this was written by a crazy traitor who deserted the emperor anyways.

Faith always find a way.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The Solar War is out next Saturday (the 18th), simultaneous Audible release.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Deptfordx posted:

The Solar War is out next Saturday (the 18th), simultaneous Audible release.

drat, I almost can't believe its finally happening.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Afer all the build-up I'm really invested now in seeing who wins the whole war.

I'm going to predict Horus triumphs in the end.

Guess we'll have to wait 6 books to find out for sure!

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Just finished Angel of Fire, the first book in the Macharian Crusade, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a surprise because I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned, good or bad, here or in other lore stuff I read.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Who is John French?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

D-Pad posted:

Just finished Angel of Fire, the first book in the Macharian Crusade, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a surprise because I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned, good or bad, here or in other lore stuff I read.

I actually recently read all three for the first time, and I liked them overall. spoiler: apart from the extremely, ridiculously abrupt ending to the third book.